Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Amazon Video|Change

on June 8, 2015
Great show.my 5 year old loves it . highly recommended
on May 31, 2015
My two year old son adores this cartoon. I love watching him interact with his siblings afterwards. He tries to act out the plots . And has taken on a new interest in all things crafty. Very good show...in my opinion, a mix of Disney and pbs. A good mix : )
on October 1, 2014
I usually don't write reviews on shows. A little about me and how I rate: I'm a parent who attempts to find shows that will not only entertain my son (4-yrs), but educate, inspire, or teach him values. I'm not a fan of 'empty' cartoons.

Before having my son watch 'Creative Galaxy', I actually first watched an episode myself. I was impressed and knew right away, not only would he enjoy it; but also, how it would impact him. The show inspires creativity and mildly educates. After watching an episode, he immediately built a house for his alien... using glue, glitter, pipe straws, and crayons. I also like how immediately after the animated show, they show real children making projects based upon the concepts of the preceding show. Hence the name, "Creative Galaxy".

Now, the only caveat would be that I've only seen 2 episodes; I hope the quality and content remain high.
A rare gem in a sea of children's shows!
on October 12, 2014
Although I wish these "aliens" were more different than earthlings, I just adore this show. The voices aren't annoying; the songs are short & fun. But the best parts are the arts education and the (actually do-able for kids) crafts projects. I would love to see this show continue. My autistic son asks for it--a difficult title for a verbally-challenged 4-yr-old, but motivation is something else! He also said "Pretty!" about one of the projects on the show. This was his first time making a qualitative judgment. If you have a child on the spectrum, I'd recommend this show because it really creates connections. The situations & conflicts that Arty & his friends deal with to the art planets they visit in the Creative Spark rocket ship to the live action clips if crafts projects that kids make all by themselves all connect to the same theme & it carries over into the second half of the show. I really just can't say enough good things about this show! Keep it up!
on July 17, 2015
Our daughter Cambree loves this. When has art time, she will say "look mom... It's my masterpiece!" SHE IS SO CREATIVELY AMAZING!
on March 1, 2015
I'm a stay at home mom to an almost 4 year old boy. I try to give lots of free play through out the day but also try to plan a craft, etc. My son has literally had zero interest in any thing "artsy" up until this point. We've tried coloring, painting, glueing, everything and it always ends up being about completion and not the process. He will scribble quickly or throw some paint on a paper and move on. It's never been a "big deal" because I knew he wasn't ready or it wasn't his thing.

When I discovered this show I knew immediately that this would be very encouraging for him artistically. We watched it once and he immediately said "I need googly eyes, cotton balls and glue"! The rest is history! I try let him watch this in the mornings while I make breakfast and it seems like the rest of the day his imagination has doubled and he's inspired of every aspect of his play. HE leads arts and craft time and it turns into a freestyle playtime. I would recommend this show 1,000 times over because, as another reviewer said, it isn't just filler, it is very inspirational for little artistic minds.

If you are looking for more shows that inspire and encourage imagination I would also recommend Tumbleleaf, which has got us interested in the every day science of indoor and outdoor play.
on April 23, 2013
As parents we love the emphasis on being creative. Craft ideas were a nice addition as well. Interaction with the audience is always a plus on children's programming. Our children - ages 10, 8, and 7 - liked it but didn't love it. Probably would be enjoyed more by younger children.
on April 22, 2015
This is a cute show. The format of the show is similar to 'Super Why' on PBS, but with an art theme. The main character is Arty, a cute little green alien with a big imagination. Arty is usually faced with a problem during the show, and he has to find creative ways of solving a problem, and often incorporates an art project of some kind. In addition to introducing kids to different art techniques and famous artists, the show also teaches creative thinking, problem solving, and social skills. The show also teaches that art doesn't have to be 'perfect' and that it's okay for your art to be different and unique. I like that the show stresses the importance of the creative process, not just the outcome.

Each episode also has a real life art segment with real kids putting together an arts and craft project. Most of the projects are simple and fun using supplies easy to find. I have 2 girls, ages 6 and 8, and we love watching the show together. We often watch an episode and then turn the TV off to work on one of the craft projects. I also have noticed my kids spending more time drawing and being creative on their own, and it's nice to see them so inspired.
All kids are artists in some way. My child certainly finds great enjoyment in creative imaginative works of art. This is a great educational and exciting introduction and celebration of the world (alien world) of art! Well done, Amazon.
on February 19, 2015
I love this show so much. It is bright and cheery and so positive. Often I think it's Daniel Tiger because the voices, the formula and speech are similar. My toddler doesn't love it as much as Daniel, yet, but he enjoys it. I find the live action bits, with real kids, to be really cute and appropriate. They keep his attention too. Whereas the live action segments in Daniel Tiger bore him, annoy me and often don't make the most sense. I love that they find a productive and positive solution to every problem, quickly, instead of pouting and dwelling on it. Sneaking in a bit of art history and education is awesome too. I really hope this show continues because I think it provides great balance to the shows that focus on math, reading and social skills. So many toddler shows make me want to drive a hot poker in ears because they are so whiny and basic and childish (which is fine for my toddler, I just don't want to be within earshot :-p ) and though they still talk like real little kids and it is aimed at an audience of little kids, I still appreciate how uplifting, smart, cheerful and warm it is.