4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price with some caveats
I am not usually a fan of on ear headphones. Yet I found these totally comfortable with extended use. The sound is quite decent considering the price and while having several sets of headphones I have come to use these the most.

I also liked the cord which is a rubberized flat ribbon since they really don't have a tendency to tangle.

Like other...
Published 8 months ago by Jeffrey Miller

When I went to the product page to see what these headphones were selling for, I was a bit surprised to find them in the 50 dollar price range. For the so-so quality of the sound, I expected the 20-30 dollar range.

If you are not accustomed to really good headphones, you might not know the difference.

Here is the good:
This set could handle full...
Published 8 months ago by Brent Butler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but there is MUCH better out there in the same price range, November 21, 2013

Here is the good:
This set could handle full volume from my device (a Kindle Fire HD) without distortion. Stereo separation was good, and the headphone speakers reproduced all ranges and volumes of sound without distortion. They do sound OK, and as I mentioned, if you aren't used to better you might think you were getting really good sound reproduction.

Here is the bad:
Other headphones in this price range are head and shoulders better. Tribeca "Genuine Wood Aviator Headphones" are listed as I type this at fifty-four dollars, and give you immensely better sound reproduction than this set. The difference in the presence of the sound is so much better you wouldn't even have to be an audiophile to know the difference. This Creative set gives you OK reproduction. The Tribeca set makes you think that live music is being played in the room with you.

At one time the Tribeca set had a much higher price, and in that context there might have been a choice to make. With the two sets six dollars apart, there is no choice to make. I'd love to give this set a better recommendation, but honesty forbids it.

*****************************************

NOTE: Some weeks after writing this review, I noticed that the Tribeca Aviator headphones have a price change back up to over a hundred dollars. I'm not sure why the much lower price for that period of time, but it would be worthwhile to keep checking them, if you are interested, to see if they get a price drop like that again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price with some caveats, November 14, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Like other Creative headphones these include a microphone and a controller. The controller uses an analog volume switch that slides up and down along with a single button to pause/play with a click or select the next track with an extended click. The placement of the controller several inches from the microphone made it awkward to find easily by touch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and comfortable, November 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Pros:
- Comfortable and snug on the ears. These do not cause my ears to hurt after using them for 2-3 hours at a time.
- Can lean over and move around freely without worry that the headset will fall off.
- The flat cord does not get tangled and there is no noise transferred from the cord to the ears
- Adjustable padded head band and ear cups swivel to ensure a nice fit
- Volume controls
- One multi-function button that will: Answer call or Turn off/on what you are listening to
- I'm not an audiophile but for my tastes this headset delivers very good sound levels for both music and audiobooks
- Calls are clear and people I have talked to with this headset say I come through clearly also and there isn't any hollow background noises.

Neutral:
- This headset does get warm after a few minutes of use. They never get so warm that you can't wear them but those sensitive to heat would want to consider this.
- Is not noise canceling.

Cons:
- No track controls to forward or backward.
- You can tell the headset puts a bit of drain on the iPhone's battery.
- Pricey considering the missing track controls over audio

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good on the move, but look elsewhere for home use., November 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Creative remains a company that hits the mark in terms of affordable yet epic gear for your computer or mobile device. Having made anything from speakers to tablet covers, they cover a range of devices that seem to encompass everything for the PC user.

The On-Ear Stereo Mobile Headset appear to be very nice at first look. It acts more with compression to sit on your ears rather than cup them like so many modern headsets. With nice highs and a decent rumbly bass, it holds up as a pretty well for the modern urban consumer. The design is slick and cool. The color combinations are sweet. You'll look nice and listen nice with these nice headphones.

Yet there are some complaints. One, they are not easy to pack. Do you go mobile with small headphones? Well these aren't ear-buds or wrap-arounds and cannot be folded up. Compared to ear-bud headphones, they take up about ten times the space. Second, they are plastic and if they're resting in your backpack / messenger bag /, a simple misplacement or sitting on them could do some damage. Third, they really aren't optimized for home listening. That's not saying their not good headphones; far from it. The volume and mic are great for your phone, not for your home PC. If you're a crazy audiophile as well, you're better off going with your trusted brands.

Overall, a solid device if you really want this style when you're on the road.

5.0 out of 5 stars Went on fine. Product is worthy enough, July 11, 2014
Been using product for past 2 months. Went on fine. Product is worthy enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headset, February 22, 2014
This headset exceeds all others for tone quality and comfort. The easily accessible volume and end switches make this very easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Sound. Decent Price., November 27, 2013
R. M. Ettinger "rme1963" (Cleveland Heights, OH USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Decent sound - and better than earbuds, which is all I've been operating with since the iPod has come out a decade ago. It was nice to have a snuggly fit ear piece that let me hear the music in a much more fuller fashion.

They are not noise canceling and I don't think they're advertised that way, but it still allows for good sound. The cord isn't obtrusive at all, but I've never had bluetooth headphones.

No doubt there are better sets out there for a higher price, but for what I need and how I listen, these are just fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice step up from stock ear phones, November 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you like the better sound quality from bigger headphones, this is a big step up from the regular ear buds that come with your phone these days. Sound quality is really good with decent bass response. The only issue is that I don't like using them for when on a phone call while I drive because you look a little silly wearing these in the car.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very functional / competent for what they are, November 25, 2013
Chris (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative HITZ MA2300 On Ear Headphone with 30mm Drivers, Flat Folding Ear Cups, In-Line Remote and Mic - White (Electronics)
I want to point out first that the reviews you are seeing (at least the ones I am seeing) are shown for the MA-2300, MA-2400 and the MA-2600. I tried the latter two in a store just now and the sound is different. The MA-2600 has more bass and seems to pull the various instruments out more clearly (or maybe the MA-2400 is a bit "muddied").

These are all "on-ear" designs, not over the ear (as others have noted), and the MA-2600 ear pads are larger than the MA-2400. For me the MA-2600s are more comfortable, but if you live in a hot climate, the MA-2400s might be cooler over a long listening session.

I like the fact that the in-line volume control is not tied to the iPhone's controls because that means I can use the volume control whether I am on an iPhone, an Android smart phone or even an airplane (with the right adapter).

Overall the MA-2400s are pretty inexpensive for the sound (at least where I live), and if you are not an audiophile, I would think they would work well. If you ARE an audiophile, I've also listened to the Bowers & Wilkins P3 headphones which sound great, but, where I live, are more than 5 times the price of the MA-2400s

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, November 20, 2013
Quality of sound is good for the price. Only "objection" is that no real directions come with the unit. I would have liked that little touch. Directions are on the box "sort of."

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›