5.0 out of 5 stars Full range performance for a bargain price
There are two reasons why you should seriously consider buying this speaker system for your PC, video game console, or whatever:

Published on December 11, 2004 by Patrick Madigan

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for sound... when it works.
The speaker is a nice system. I've never had any other sound system but I can say the bass on this T3000 sounds very nice and boomy when you want it to. There is a convinient remote control for the volume and the bass level along with another 3.5mm jack for headphones.

However, there is one problem with Creative Lab products (speakers) is that the control...
Published on March 22, 2006 by J. Quach

5.0 out of 5 stars Full range performance for a bargain price, December 11, 2004
This review is from: Creative Inspire T3000 3-Piece Powered Speaker System (Personal Computers)

1. It actually includes midrange speakers. Most of the systems out there simply have a huge subwoofer and a couple of tweeters, but are lacking in midrange performance. The fact is, if you want to listen to music, you want good full range speakers. The sound that pours out of these speakers is incredible! Powerfull bass, and good mids and highs (the tweeters could be a little brighter for my taste, but a quick adjustment of the Winamp equalizer solves that problem).

2. They are cheaper than DIRT, they would be a good value at twice the price.

If you want a system that will shake the plaster off the ceiling, and make your neighbors hate you, this probably isn't for you. It's pretty powerful, but there are bigger systems (for bigger prices). But if you just want to listen to good music, or feel the explosions from your favorite video game, then you should seriously consider getting these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best you can buy for the money, December 30, 2004
I took the advice given here and elsewhere and purchased these speakers for a 19" TV. Yowza, night and day!

You don't get Surround Sound, but for the money these speakers will take your video (TV, video games, or computer) to another level. This set goes beyond just attaching a basic stereo - the bass is the reason why. It's true that you won't bring down the house with the T3000. But the bass on this thing will be enough to get you some complaints from your apartment neighbors.

I tested the speakers while watching the highway chase scene in "Matrix Revolutions" with the TV audio (while the speakers have their own volume & bass controls the TV acts as the master control) turned up to only 9 out of 30. The bass could be easily felt in the floor two rooms away. I look forward to watching some movies, but I know now I can't have the volume at full blast when my landlady is home!

My only complaint about this set is the wiring which consists of six different lines coming and going from the central bass unit. Plan on using the T3000 in a location where you can hide all those wires.

The price on T3000 is indeed low. Buyers should look around for bargain prices. I was able to pick up a set for a mere thirty bucks after rebate! Unbelievale value for the money. Obviously, if you can pay more then look for a good Surround Sound system. But if you're on a budget these are the speakers to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Speakers/Great Price, November 24, 2004
chewbassa (think wookie village but underwater) - See all my reviews
I am not entirely sure how the Creative T3000 differs from the T2900. It might be simply that the T3000 comes with a special jack that allows you to hook up your speakers to your TV, DVD Player, AND Video Game System. If that's the only difference, and you care enough about saving perhaps $2 (assuming that you can find a similar jack for under $5), then I say buy the T2900.

However, if you want this system to play the music on your video games, and you don't care about saving $1.50 on a little jack, then BUY THE T3000. It sounds awesome. I am listening to it right now, and my whole room is filled with a rich, full sound.

There is a a tweeter and midrange in both satellites, so the high-end sounds are very crisp. The bass is ridiculous. You can only play it on 20-30% or else it drowns out the rest of your music. Honestly, if you want to crank your bass, it sounds a bit thumpy (as in, losing some precision in sound). But if you keep it at a reasonable level, it does its job admirably (and that is to fill out your room with wholesome sound).

The wires are all long enough so that the satellites and bass can all be really far away from eachother and the electrical outlet. It's quite simple to set it all up.

The little remote control thingy is nice, too, with an on/off switch right there, so you don't have to crawl on the floor, under your desk, and be humiliated even though no one is watching.

But it's the price, folks...under fifty bucks and you get a sweet system. I am going to trade my in Bose Companion 2 (2.0 system, twice the price) and never look back.

I am also looking forward to making my whole room shake from my PS2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the sub $100.00 speakers, February 1, 2005
Keith H. (Loganville, GA United States) - See all my reviews
I've been going through speaker systems left and right the past week and this Creative Labs T3000 is the only one that stays. The bass is clean and blends well. The midrange is a little too forward for some recordings but a simple equilizer adjustment smooths it right on out. (If I could not make an E.Q. adjustment then I wouldn't want them.) The highs are pleasant and not too gritty or harsh. There is a smoothness in the top end that the others lacked...cymbals sound like cymbals. Hard to fault for $50.00. Played softly to moderatly it has a very classy sort of sound. Push the bass or volume too hard and it sounds like crap. After all, 50 bucks is 50 bucks so don't expect too much...but among it's peers it's head and shoulders above the rest. And I intensley dislike the sound quality in the rest of the Creative lineup. Spending more gets you less unless it's more bass you want. My listening habits are piano, classical, classic rock and pop rock.

If you are into bass heavy music pushed hard or a home theater thumper then this is not the one. If you want a speaker that can reasonably reproduce the music then this is worth a try. If you are really picky then go buy a nice amp and a high quality two way book shelf or perhaps a nice 2.1. $50.00 will not buy a miracle. All I want is something that sounds pleasant without irritating. This T3000 and a simple Bose 2.0 are the only ones I've heard that could pull that off in my opinion. I prefer the sound of these to the others I've listened to at Circuit City and Best Buy in the $49.00 to $149.00 range. That does not mean I am right, only that I prefer the sound of these. Prefereance can't be agrued against, it's what I like. You may not like what I like and that's O.K., so please listen for yourself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em..., April 8, 2005
Dust (THE PLAINS, USA) - See all my reviews
I'm on the really low end of sound-snobbery. I won't mess with the EQ for hours or refuse to listen to anything that's not reproduced "perfectly", but I also freak out if there's even a hint of popping, crackling, tinniness, bad bass, you get the idea.

I shopped for two weeks online before I settled on these. I read all the reviews here, and still had post-purchase anxiety while I waited for them to ship. I didn't need to worry. For the price-level they're at, these are really something else. A major plus is the corded remote that lets you adjust the bass and volume without crawling on the floor. They have a nice full midrange. Of course you'll have to use your media player to make everything sound the way YOU like it, but that's any speaker, in my opinion. More than I expected for the price , definitely.

Update: I have hooked these speakers hooked up to a record player, and have since moved from the smaller, more acoustically friendly apartment I lived in at the time of my initial review of these speakers into a house.

Do not buy these expecting them to fill a large room with sound. They are good for a bedroom, small living room, or small apartment, but you won't get them to fill a larger area with sound at all. I still like them, they don't lose any stars (it's not their fault I moved, after all).

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be touched for the money!, February 3, 2005
For $46 including shipping, these speakers are GREAT! Nothing comes remotely close. The metal dome tweeter adds sparkle & dimensionality, greatly aiding with spatial cues. The 3" mid-range adds presence which is so often missing from speakers of this genre. In comparison, most other systems sound hollow and phasey with a suck-out in the very important vocal region. Not this system. And the bass is tight and TUNEFUL. Not just a thumping blob of sound running around the room. I hooked these babys up to my big screen Trinitron & they sound terrific. You'd have to step up to the Klipsch 2.1 for more than twice the price to get a better sounding system. The Creatives may not play the loudest but they play loud enough and do the job better than most. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing..., December 7, 2005
Terry (United States) - See all my reviews
I produce music on a DAW (digital audio workstation) with Bose speakers. I wanted a set of speakers for a second system used for testing the music, sort of a lower end system more common to the average computer user. Because of all the rave reviews, I decided to try the Inspire T3000. Just received them (3 days) and hooked them up, and I can't say enough about them.

I've seen people in these reviews talking about the lack of quality in the highs, midranges, and bass, but as far as I can see you'd have to have an extremely good ear to pick out any of these supposed flaws. The sound is comparable to what I would have expected from a $100-$200 speaker system.

Having actually made the music I'm listening to, I have no trouble picking out the highs, mids, and lows. Then I tried some canned stuff (Drops of Jupiter, Walk Like an Egyptian, some Kid Rock, some George Jones), and it all sounded great. I have the bass set to only about 10% and it still kicks.

The quality of hardware I found when taking it out of the box was amazing for <$40. Good bass cabinet, solid satellites, and metal satellite stands (if you want to use them - you can also hang the satellites). Although the remote seems light duty, it works well, and I like having the bass control on the remote. I really like having the headphone jack in the remote, very easy to use. Yes, it's 2.1 and not surround sound, but the depth of sound is great. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. I didn't rate it 5 stars because it's the best sound I've ever heard, but because it's the best I've ever heard for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars incredible sound incredible design!!!!, February 9, 2005
This speaker system is really great. It is worth paying a hundred bucks and I do not believe how they can sell this for this price. The sound is full, everything is ok, midrange sounds are also excellent which you cannot find in this price range definitely. I strongly recommend this item to anyone wanting to enjoy music

4.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect . . ., March 30, 2005
J. Lawrence "Yonis!" (Newton Centre, MA USA) - See all my reviews
Pros:

Good sound

Massive upgrade if you don't already have a sub

Lightweight, durable

Cons:

Slight crackling when turned on full

2.1

Weird, random spasms, rare but annoying

5.0 out of 5 stars the sound is amazing, February 16, 2005
A Kid's Review
when i got these speakers in the mail and i took them out of the box i thought oh my god these things are small the sub box is tiny and satilites are normal kinda but sub is just small. when i tried them out and oh my god these are the best speakers

i have ever hered. the bass is crazy and its loud just the way i like it. and satilites are clear as can be and the midrange is perfict and man these go very loud too.hily recomended