Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Creative Labs Vado HD 720p Pocket Video Camcorder ..." and save 82% off the $229.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Creative Labs Vado HD 720p Pocket Video Camcorder with 8 GB Video Storage and 2x Digital Zoom (Black) OLD MODEL
- High definition 720P pocket video camcorder with 8 GB of video storage capacity
- Fits easily in your pocket purse or the palm of your hand
- One touch recording with a spacious 2 inch display
- Record up to two hours of HD video footage or up to four hours of video at VGA resolution
- Connect your Vado HD to any HDTV with included HDMI cable
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Included Components||Creative Labs Vado HD, Pocket Video Camera - HDMI|
|Item Dimensions||3.9 x 2.2 x 0.6 inches|
|Item Weight||0.22 pounds|
|Media Format Digital Video||HDD|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||2 MP|
|Shipping Weight||0.75 pounds|
|Video Capture Format||h.264|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080i_hd|
From the Manufacturer
Capture life in HD
See it, shoot it, share it - capture life’s unforgettable moments in high-definition clarity and share them online with Creative’s Vado HD Pocket Video Cam. The thin, lightweight Vado HD is small enough to fit in a pocket, purse or the palm of your hand, and easily captures video in 720p high-definition quality with just the touch of a button. The Vado HD is the only pocket video cam to feature high quality HDMI connectivity and an included HDMI cable that provides true 720p output to an HDTV.
Record all your fun moments at an HD video resolution of up to 1280 x 720p. With the wide-angle glass lens, you can also capture wider scenes and more action in your videos. This precision-engineered glass lens produces sharper and clearer images, giving you professional-looking videos. Vado HD also has 2x digital zoom and works great in dim environments.
Simply start and stop recording with the touch of a button. Record up to 2 hours of stunning HD quality video or up to 4 hours of video at VGA resolution. The large 8 GB internal memory and four recording modes give you the freedom to choose the video quality that’s best for you.
Edit movies and snap photos
Make and edit your own short movies, or capture snapshots in still and burst mode with the built-in Vado Central software.
Playback video on your HDTV
Connect your Vado HD to any HDTV with the included HDMI cable and enjoy your videos in full 720p HD quality.
Connect and share in an instant
Simply plug in Vado HD’s flexible USB tab and post your videos directly onto popular web sites such as YouTube, Photobucket or Box.net with the built-in Vado Central software. You can even save your great quality video clips to your computer for a lifetime of memories.
The latest H.264 video compression technology provides unprecedented video quality at ultra-efficient file sizes for the best possible viewing experience. Record up to 4 times more videos, compared to MPEG-4 encoded ones.
Set up the perfect shot, review clips onscreen or show them off to friends. Keep the videos you like; delete the ones you don't.
Rechargeable for hours of fun
Enjoy 2 hours of recording and playback with the Lithium-ion battery; simply recharge via USB. Need more time? The battery is even removable so you can change out for a fresh one.
Accessorize your Vado HD
Pick up an optional accessory for your Vado HD! Choose from a Waterproof Pouch, Mesh Pouch, Spare Rechargeable Battery and a Battery Charger and get the most out of your Vado HD.
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
- Intel Pentium III 1 GHz, AMD Athlon, or equivalent with MMX support
- 512MB RAM
- USB 2.0 or 1.1
- 500MB free hard-disk space
- Video Memory: 16MB RAM & above
- Other Requirements: Microsoft DirectX 9.0 or higher
- Vado HD Pocket Video Cam
- HDMI Cable
- USB Extension Cable
- Silicon Skin
- Rechargeable Battery
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
I am comparing this camera to a Flip Mino HD....while it may not be fair, it is the only way I could give an accurate review to this product.
Camera, removable battery, mini hdmi to hdmi cable (wow), usb extension cable, rubber/silicon skin, and documentation.
So it starts....the battery comes pretty charged and thus it was easy to install and get the unit running. The first set of options you are presented with are the setup for date, time, country. Here is where the first issue begins....the buttons (scroll arrows up, down, right, left) are WAY too sensitive and thus you are moving around even if you dont want to. So I start to set the date...without paying attention....and I quickly notice that the format for the date is dd/mm/yy which is primarily how the eastern part of the world uses the date. I finally figure out that my mind is lacking without coffee and I get the date and time set.... Lets move on.
The camera notifies you that you can hit the play/pause and trash buttons simultaneously to get back to the setup options. Works perfectly. In the setup menu you are presented with the following options:
Most of these are self explanatory. The ones with options are as follows:
Video Quality: HD+, HD, VGA
Instant Record: On / Off
TV System: NTSC/PAL
Language: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portugese, Dutch, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Bahasa (Indonesia), Turkish, and Arabic
The main screen shows you what mode you are in (record, ready, etc), the available recording time, the mode (hd+, hd, vga), and a battery meter...Read more ›
1) When shooting, you've GOT to hold your hand steady, and sure, or camera shake will ruin your HD movies and clips. You can use a tripod to minimize shake to the maximum amount, perhaps one of the "mini" tripods that you see here at Amazon.com. RE tripods, I found that even my Joby GorillaPod "SLR ZOOM" heavy-duty portable, flexible tripod fit the Vado HD easily, and contrary to other reviews, the USB port on the bottom did NOT get in the way of it one bit
2) This isn't a substitute for a full-sized HD camera, like my Canon HG20 AVCHD camera, but it will suffice for casual, quick takes of virtually anything your creative mind will allow, and up to a 1 hour uninterrupted HD+ quality video in true 720P/1080i HD format, with big depth of field, up to 2 x 1-hour videos of course, utilizing a full battery to the limit
3) You've got to watch out, and protect the lens, otherwise it gets to be full of dust and dirt easily, as there's no lens cap with the camera--I carry my DSLR's lens brush and air "poof" when using Vado HD which solves the problem...Read more ›
|Length: 8:20 Mins|
The Creative Labs Vado HD Is both a great handheld video camera and one that is useless. If you are a PC owner and using Windows based software you will be well pleased. However, if you are a Mac user you will be unable to watch the videos without downloading a program such as VLC, downloading Perian, or without converting the files using a program like Roxio Crunch Win/Mac.
In my video review I compare the Creative Labs Vado HD to the Flip Video MinoHD Camcorder, 60 Minutes (Black). I will say that both cameras have their advantages - the Mino has a better appearance and it works well with Macs. The Creative Labs Vado HD has more functionality, but qithout downloading Perian it is restricted to Windows based PCS.
Here are things that I like about the Vado
- Three different setting for picture quality. The truth is that not everything needs to be recorded in HD. In fact, if you are uploading to YouTube HD movies can take forever. The Mino HD only has one capture setting.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is a great little camera for videotaping kids' activities. It's not going to compare to professional equipment, but it does the job and is compact.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Have had this for 5 years (old version) with no problems. Handy because of its size. Apple products can't handle file type but just do a search for a conversion app and you're... Read morePublished 2 months ago by hike sedona
LOVE this product. Shipped fast, well built, and works exactly as described. I would highly recommend this product.Published 4 months ago by Bryan K Vibert
Great product and good price. Very nice seller answered my early questions and would buy from them again. Thank you! Read morePublished 8 months ago by K. Watkins
Durable and useful little recorder. HOwever when you record long, the device does get quite hot. Also the file format initially took some research in order to convert to other... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Badminton4Life
The Creative Labs Vado HD records good video; however, the file is too large to upload to a computer. This was disappointing, as I had bought it mainly for this purpose.Published 13 months ago by D. J. TRETINA