5.0 out of 5 stars excellent ultra compact sound system, March 5, 2009
Robert C. (NY, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative Labs I-Trigue 3000 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System with NeoTitanium Driver Technology (Personal Computers)
I purchased this system mainly for use while watching TV on a Samsung 23" LCD HDTV/Monitor which has rather bad built in speakers. I didn't want to have to turn on my main sound system whenever I was watching TV. I wanted something small so it would fit easily into my crowded computer area and it had to be FULLY magnetically shielded so as to not interfere with my Cornerstone p1600 CRT (which sits next to the Samsung LCD TV) or any hard drives, etc. Turns out that these speakers not only produce excellent sound from such a small package, but they are also so well magnetically shielded that I can hold the satellites or the subwoofer (yes, the subwoofer!) directly against the CRT and it displays no magnetic distortions! Impressive! For it's size, the subwoofer produces strong, clear bass and the small, modern looking satellites produce crisp, clean highs and good midrange. Don't expect this thing to wake up the neighbors or shake the foundations of your house, but I would recommend this system to anyone looking for full range sound for a small area from a very compact system.

PROS

- excellent sound quality for both music & movies for a small area
- *fully* magnetically shielded satellites AND subwoofer
- small, cool looking satellites can be placed almost anywhere
- compact subwoofer easily fits under desks or furniture and produces good bass
- the volume control pod works well... it also contains a convenient bass level adjustment and a headphone jack
- volume pod, satellites and subwoofer have soft rubber pads to help them stay in place and not scratch surfaces

CONS

- wish it had more than one audio input
- wish the power on/off switch was separate from the volume (uses the same knob)
- cord length could be longer, especially for the volume control pod
- wish the satellites had angle/height adjustments

4.0 out of 5 stars great sound overall; pretty weak base..., March 24, 2009
i gave this 4/5 stars for a few reasons:

pros:
1) very sleek and portable. finding space for this set of speakers is NO problem. this is often one of my biggest concerns and this set seriously will fit into any nook and cranny available.

2) the mid/upper range sound is also really good. crisp and w/o distortion even as you turn up the volume.

3) the price is also pretty good. for a budget set of modest quality speakers, it's not bad at all.
*****
cons:
there's only 2 i've found, but they are annoying:
1) the satellite speakers cords really should be longer than 6 ft :( i would think 10ft would be more reasonable. it's just kind of annoying if you don't like to clutter your home with places to put things, so you'll find your selection of "spots" to put the speakers isn't the best.

2) the base is pretty freakin weak. i had to EQ my speakers all the way up to max for the base range, and it's still struggling to compete with the upper range sounds of the tiny satellite speakers.
*****
conclusion:
were it not for the weak, weak base, this would have been a slam-dunk 5/5 stars. still, for the money it's not bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean low-distotion sound., February 13, 2009
living ganj (Denham Springs, LA USA) - See all my reviews
Have owned and used this Creative Labs product with my PC for 2 months now. I am satisfied and do not intend to move up to a higher end system. The 2 high end speakers are loud enough for PC use and do not cut-out or audibly distort at highest allowable volume. My bass response is set at maximum as I might would like a louder, more powerful subwoofer but it does deliver a balanced sound mix combined with the 2 high end speakers. This system is probably the best computer speaker 2.1 system that I have owned. It is clean and does not crack-up, cut-out or distort at its maximum volume. This system is not a substitute for a home audio-video surround sound system or a DJ'd party sound system. It is exactly as Creative Labs states. This is a better than average PC 2.1 sound system set-up and I can recommend it for what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound, October 22, 2011
My family and friends are coveting the great sound I get from my computer. Excellent sound for general listening. It'd be nice if there was a way to keep all the cords from getting tangled up, but otherwise, I've enjoyed this products and it's lasted nearly 3 years now.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is exactly as advertised, February 10, 2009
The two satellite speakers deliver a very nice clean and high quality sound. But there are two issues about these speakers that kept me from giving it 5 stars

1) The bass should be a lot more powerful. Don't get me wrong, you'll still more than hear and feel it when it's at max, but for the price you pay, its maximum should be a lot higher than what it is.

2) You can get speakers that can be louder and have a stronger bass for less money if you look hard enough on the internet -- but don't look nearly as cool or clean as these do. It seems like aesthetics heavily influenced the price of these speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Package, November 18, 2008
DeeDeR (California) - See all my reviews
I have a Creative bias but for good reason. Their products are just nice. These speakers are great for the money. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice set of speakers that are beautifully designed., September 15, 2008
I am using these speakers alongside my 24" Samsung (model 245BW) monitor. They look and sound very nice. The tabletop volume control unit has an option for plugging in my headset. The music sounds great when you use the headphones too.

Rate and Discover Movies