Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Sound Card (70SB006003007)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Experience real-time digital audio & effects with head-turning 3-D positional audio from the EMU10K1 Digital Signal Processor
- Create CD quality MP3 or WMA files with a 320Kbps encoder & up to 9x encoding acceleration
- Surround yourself with theater-like Dolby Digital 5.1 audio in movies
- Easily connect to Cambridge SoundWorks DTT3500, DTT2200 and other Dolby Digital-ready 5.1 home theater systems
- Compatible with Windows 95/98/98SE/NT/2000/ME
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
In other Amazon posts I've said, "When all else fails read the directions," and this installation is no different. I went through the installation procedure with my 12-year-old daughter. I did help her with lining up the card on the board, but after that we turned on the machine and booted into XP (we put the Sound Blaster installation CD into the CD drive before Windows fully loaded). The system found the card immediately and pulled the driver from the CD.
She said, "Is that it?" I said, "I believe so," and yep it sure was. Now we have pure, crystal clear surround sound from a thirty dollar card!! I also do not have any hissing or cracking noises out of the speakers others mentioned.
The Sound Blaster Live! CD also lets you install apps that work with the card and they were just as easy to install, but I did not install all of the apps.
Now I am not saying you will not have any problem (how would I know that?) as I have had some Creative issues with some other products, but I have always gotten around them.
1. If you are going to purchase this card online goto the Creative website and do some research. (e.g. is the card compatible with your Operating System? do you have any available PCI slots, how much memory does it require? THE BASICS!). Otherwise, just goto your friendly neighborhood office supply store and read the specs there (and be careful when the friendly clerk wants to give you a lesson in sound cards, you'll pay more in the end).
2. Consider which other devices you may wish to connect to the soundcard e.g. a mini disc player, microphone, etc.
3.Read more ›
I tried several other cards, both an Audigy and a SIIG CMedia sound card. Both resulted in system crashes the instant the driver loaded.
This card fits the bill. It's the gold standard for basic sound support. The card is 32-bit PCI, half length, full height, and works under pretty much every operating system.
The card I received was 1102:0006, which was the Dell 5.1 edition. Nothing really different from the SB Live! Value edition other than the device ID, but you have to pick the right driver pack from Creative's website.
This card has a gold port for digital audio out. It also has line in, line out, microphone, and speaker, for traditional audio functions. This supports 5.1, and has a D-Sub15 Midi port.
Internal connectors include 4-pin audio for aux, CD and digital -- everything you'd expect all through the last 15 years of basic audio cards.
The drivers are from several years back, but that's OK for 2003 and earlier, MacOS and Linux. YMMV with Vista, Win7, Win8 and 2008.
If you need something with large sample bank RAM, 7.1 optical output, 96-bit DAC, etc, then this is not the card for you. However, if you need basic audio for business, light gaming, and media serving, then this is an inexpensive and reliable way to get exactly that.
Bottom line: Save your money and get one of the following:
--Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
Most Recent Customer Reviews
i highly recommend you to never buy this card unless you have a outdated system. my gaming rig has windows 7 and i cant get the drivers to install. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Austin
This card offers clean audio, a nice fix for MIDI latency, and great sound. (By the way, the model is SB0200, not SB0060). The drivers can be acquired online by Creative Labs.Published on January 26, 2014 by Gabriel Lipko
So, I got this card from a Dell 4600.
There doesn't seem to be much support from Creative for the drivers for Windows 7. Read more
The service was fast and it was exactly what I was looking for. Great price too.
(Four more words required).
This is my favorite sound card in the world. This sound card + Windows = a great time. Highly recommend. I have 3 of these sound cards. Read morePublished on March 25, 2013 by Scott D. Espenschied
Great interface, easy to use, extreme sound sound control. , extreme sound sound control. , extreme sound sound control. , extreme sound sound control.Published on January 30, 2013 by T.Jaymes Brown
No drivers to be found to get this old sound card to work on a Windows 7 operating system. They did a good job of getting rid of those drivers or keeping it out of reach. Read morePublished on September 11, 2012 by djdfufi
Was very easy to install, worked the first time i used it .
Arrived on time as allways :)
Vary good price !!