Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now Learn more

on January 5, 2004
For the $40 I paid after the rebate, this NX Pro offers good picture quality. Even under very dim indoor light, the screen always show a brighter picture than the actual scene. Most of the time, the color/contrast/brightness/etc don't need adjustment to render good natural color. Just set to default.
In comparing with my other 3 unknown brand webcams, this NX Pro is quite an interesting contrast. When shooting out of my office window, my cheaper ($20) webcam made by Zoom Telephonics could pick out details of buildings at the end of the street, about 600 ft away, with accurate colors. But NX Pro just showed a misty outline of the buildings, just cloudy, no colors. Maybe it doesn't see through glass that well.
The NX Pro is good primarily for video conferences where people are from 4 ft to 10 ft away from the lense, and are almost always shot indoors. This NX Pro shines in daytime and night artificial light conditions of all levels of dimness.
The unknown brands always show reddish color at night scenes lit by artificial lights. Regardless of any color adjustment, they alway appear funny. Also, with indoor lighting, these cheaper brands show lots of blur with the slightest movement.
But, surprisingly, in daytime, the unknown brands are so sharp that they show your pimples and wrinkles. NX Pro is very flattering when it shows peoples' faces - always smooth, even colored, no blemishes, - like in a movie studio.
Conclusion: since webcams are mostly for indoors, with artificial lighting, and for shooting at close range not over 15 ft, the NX Pro is the best for the price in terms of sharpness, skin color tones, and frames per second.
0Comment|224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2003
I spent about a month reading reviews and comparing webcams. For a long time I was convinced that logitech was the best way to go, but I was wrong. This shows much clearer that any logitech on the market, all of which sell for much more that $40. you will not be disappointed. I had the cam for about 2 months now, and have no complaints. I everybody says is the clearest the have seen.
on December 2, 2003
I don't write many reviews but this webcam deserves one. Great price, excellent picture, good color and contrast. It beats many more expensive products and is certainly far superior to some of the Logitech products out there. I'm running a 2.4 gig machine with 512kb memory, Windows XP Pro, which of course did not recognize the driver compatibility but installed without a hitch anyway. This webcam works great with the software bundle it comes with, and it is an above average bundle at that. Works out of the box with Yahoo Messenger and Windows Messenger, no problem at all. Total installation time about 10 minutes. My only complaint would be that the stand for a flat panel monitor include some type of device that allowed for a firm attachment. I suppose a little velcro or tape would solve that problem. Other than that, you cannot go wrong with this purchase. Creative has another winner with this one.
on March 30, 2004
This is my fourth webcam, purchased because of a promotion in a local store. I owned all generations of the Logitech Quickcam dynasty, from the parallel port, the Messenger, to the Pro, and tried many others, but this small webcam has the best color quality of all.
The Quickcam Messenger, that costs about the same as this NX webcam , is a waste of money: colors are drab and images are blurry. It is basically identical to the ancient parallel port camera with its tiny useless resolution. The Quickcam Pro, which costs almost double, offers much better image quality, and I thought it to be the gold standard. It is a smart design incorporating the microphone into the webcam and decent image size. The downside is that using a USB device as microphone is a tad tricky.
To my surprise, the clunky-looking Webcam NX Pro is superior to all Logitech webcams in the most important category - image quality and color. Using it with MSN Messenger and NetMeeting makes the videoconferencing livlier and less jumpy. Although the supplied microphone is separate, it allows you to place it closer to you and improve the sound quality.
There is a new guy atop the webcam heap, and it is the WebCam NX Pro.
My first attempt at buying/using a webcam was a cheap D-Link brand that I couldn't figure out how to use at all & you could only EMAIL the video, not streaming.

I read the reviews on this cam that were sterling & even a past reviewer had a link of a saved simple movie he did which had great color & clairity where you can read what he wrote on paper that was a good two feet away.

It automatically adjusts to changes in light & motion. Focus is done simply by manually twisting the lens piece. Adjusting tint, color, expolsure, backlight, etc. in the software is very easy to understand. The video capture to either pics or saved movies (with sound if you want) is also very easy. It comes with a THE LONGEST wired seperate mic I'd ever seen. The mic is tiny with a tiny stand that also can be a clip to a shirt or has a sticker to stick to a desk.

It works great with Win XP SP1 & SP2 & also works great with IM programs Yahoo & AIM. Make sure you read the instructions on which to do first: plugging in the USB or installing the software. If you don't follow it, it won't install right & you'll have to do it again.
on November 18, 2003
i have gone through the cheap free after rebate officemax webcam's, which usually retail (overpriced at that) for $20 to $25. had a compusa brand $18.99 monstrosity, and a Logitech Clicksmart 310.
The ClickSmart doesn't like lights behind me, and has a funny red tinge. That camera is $50+
I got this one for $31 with a rebate offer from Amazon - and it is the best camera I have ever owned. Mic is a separate unit, also comes in box - which i think is a great plus. I hate webcams with built in mics.
i'm broadcasting on [...] with this bad boy during business hours EST
on November 1, 2003
I agree with other reviewers. The Creative Webcam NX Pro is better than the logitech webcams. The price is right, and the quality/color are top-notch.
The stand is a pain however and will require some fiddling to get the webcam to stand.
on November 11, 2004
I'm curious as to how computer savvy some of these people are. Do you have 10+ things running in the background? Have you defragged in the past 6 months? How much disk space do you have available? Like any other product, how do you expect a webcam to work well when you haven't reformatted you PC in 5+ years and have installed/uninstalled 50+ different applications over that time?? I installed this product on my older P3 HP with 256mg and on my homebuilt screamin fast PC with very similar results. Installation was a snap as other people have stated and the base is just kind of 'odd' but certainly workable. My only complaint was that the instructions REALLY need to push the fact that to get the desired 30 frames per second quality you need to have LIGHT, LIGHT, LIGHT. After I inadvertantly closed my blinds to the room (cutting off all natural light) my viewing became pretty choppy and delayed and it took me 2 hours to figure out that it was the lighting. Once I opened the blinds I found the quality to be great. At night, just make sure the area behind the camera is well lit. For some of you people it seems like you want movie quality on a budget price. For $40 this thing is great.
on August 31, 2004
I baught this camera about 9 months ago from Amazon. This is one of the product that has really pleased me.

Any camera over $40 will work in good day light, the real test is how it performs under dim light. I am quite pleased with the results in low day light, and also during night light. The separate microphone is also excellent, and looks great too.

The only gripe, that people have with it, is its somewhat unstable stand. But, I think you can live with it. The only reason, I will not give it 5 stars is that you can always spend more and get pro grade web enabled cameras with zoom, and auto focussing and other advance features.

I would definitely recommend it for its great value for money, and excellent picture quality. You will be pleased with its excellent performance for daily use with aol/yahoo messanger type applications.
on October 21, 2003
I bought this cam when there were no reviews available for this item, so it was kind of a risk that i took. But I was looking for something decent under 50 bucks. Logitech cams < $50 didnt have good reviews, so I went for this one and it turned out to be an excellent choice. The quality is very good, and video recording is also nice. The only minus point about this cam is its stand -- a little unstable. Contrary to what the company says about this, it doesnt quite fit on to my notebook's LCD screen. Also its very light due to which it cant stand the USB cable's weight, so you have to play around a little bit to set it stable. Anyway, except for its stand, its been performing very well till now.