Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Dover Creative Haven Art Nouveau Animal Designs Coloring Book (Adult Coloring) Paperback – February 21, 2013
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
If you’re the author, publisher, or rights holder of this book, let ACX help you produce the audiobook.Learn more.
Top Customer Reviews
I have to be honest, I saw the image of this coloring book and it Intrigued me, but I didn't have a clue about the title. What is Art Nouveau? Then I really wanted to know what type of animals were included in the Illustrations.
What is Art Nouveau? (I looked it up on line)
1. Art Nouveau (New Art) is a style of decorative art and design that was popular in the US from about 1890 until World War I and characterized by intricate linear designs and flowing curves based on natural forms.
The illustrations in this book feature patterns of animals(not mammals (see below) intertwined vines, flowers, and other plants.
What Animals are in the book?
2. I counted the pages and this book has 13 pages featuring birds, 10 pages featuring mammals, and 7 pages with miscellaneous other species as follows: 1 butterflies, 2 fish, 1 crayfish, 1 with frogs and dragon flies, 1 snails and butterflies, 1 with seahorse, shells and starfish and one with a bird, fish and frogs.
3. 31 Illustrations printed one per page ( the back of each page is blank) on heavy weight, bright white, perforated pages.
4. Details vary per illustration.
5. Use crayons, colored pencils, gel pens, or markers with this book. If your pens or markers leach through the page, just place a scrap piece of paper under the page you are coloring and leave the book open until dry.
6. Two fully colored pages are included on the inside covers to kick start your imagination.Read more ›
It is almost perfect. The beautiful line drawings are printed on both sides of the paper. So if you color one side with markers (which are perfect for these drawings) the other side is ruined. However, what I do with almost all of my coloring books is scan them into the computer as soon as I receive them - then I have the drawings to print out and color over and over again, so if I do color one in the book, I can always print out the reverse side drawing to color later. Dover put out one or two coloring books that came in book form and with a CD-ROM of the drawings. I wish they would do all of them this way. I'd gladly pay a little more.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Did not like this coloring book. Most pages have multiples of the same design on the same page.Published 3 days ago by happy-go-lucky 5
Exactly as described, way too many bird patterns though. Great for a road trip.Published 6 days ago by Juliann Riley
I love this book and it's interesting designs. I sit down and relax my work day away with this book and one other. This is great therapy! Read morePublished 7 days ago by Brooke H.