4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Value for the Price
This is my third Zen Stone, and I love all of them. The reason I went through so many is that I misplaced one and accidentally killed the other one.

I carried this unit for 6 months on training runs as I prepped for a 1/2 marathon, a full marathon and throughout all my weight training sessions. Never had a hitch, glitch or any problem.

File loading...
Published on January 5, 2009 by John C. Oberndorfer

1.0 out of 5 stars Just An Illusion
The seller needs to be SLAPPED. This is NOT a ZEN STONE - it's a Zen Stone PLUS and it looks NOTHING like the package. The seller thinks he is slick and I WILL BE contacting AMAZON that the seller is a FRAUD

Published 5 months ago by Bubblegum Pink

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Value for the Price, January 5, 2009
This review is from: Creative Zen Stone 2GB MP3 Player w/ Built-In Speaker (Black) (Electronics)

File loading is a breeze, you can use Creative's software, Windows Media Player or even Windows File Explorer to add folders and songs to the unit. And, I personally like the convenience of charging it from any available USB port. Yes, you can even use it as an additional drive.

I like that Creative fell back to using the slide switch on top of the unit to change folders. If I get sick of the folder (album/CD) that I'm listening to a quick flick and I'm on to the next folder. Or, use the navigator to switch between songs.

OK, so it lacks a display, etc. For $38 or so it's a bargain for a unit with 2GB capacity. Form factor, size and weight are perfect for an active person wanting to carry a lot of music.

BTW--on a fresh charge it played continuously on the 6+ hours it took me to complete the Air Force Marathon back in September. Without a rechage since then it's lasted nearly 6 more hours as I rode/flew cross-country on my recent annual Christmas holiday.

I highly recommend this unit.

(BTW, I can't stand Apple products, sorry IPod/IPhone users. I don't like being shackled to ITunes.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable speakers for the size, April 24, 2009
ale (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I hate wearing headphones so I was looking for a small MP3 player that has a built-in speaker. After search through the web, I came upon zen stone and immediately liked how it look.

I did a couple of more research about its build and sound quality as well as the battery life. Everything seems to be ok so I decided to buy this one.

Product came and I was enjoying my music. You won't believe the sound quality this little thing produces. For its size, it's surprisingly clear. I don't listen to rock or any music that has strong bass in it, I'm more classical and love songs so the player was just right. The player even has a safe volume limit for when you're using the headphones.

Unfortunately, after 2-4 hours of continuous play, the built-in speaker suddenly stopped working. Battery life was still showing full. I plug in the headphones and the player still works but just not the speakers. I researched the net and even inquired with Creative but it seems that I'm the only one who encountered this.

I really love the player because of its size and speakers. You won't see any similar product from a reputable company in the market. Of course there are the cheap ones but i bet the speakers would sound aweful.

I wanted to get a new one but couldn't find a brand new item anymore for the same price so I decided to get the Zen Mosaic instead. See my review on the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MP# player, September 8, 2008
Large memory, long battery life, easy connection, and fairly loud low-fi speaker - what's not to like?

4.0 out of 5 stars Creative Zen Stone 2GB MP3 Player w/ Built-In Speaker, September 2, 2008
Shdomama (Renton, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I really enjoy this little mp3 player. The speaker is nice and there is tons of space for many, many songs.

The only thing I didn't think of when purchasing this, there is no way to see what you want to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best MP3 Player for Visually Impaired Person, October 9, 2010
N. Morrison (Oakland, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this MP3 player for my nearly-blind 87 year-old father-in-law so he can listen to audiobooks. Most MP3 players have a complicated menu system that requires excellent vision and the ability to navigate a touch screen, both of which are impossible for visually impaired people. This is almost perfect, as there are a limited number of buttons, and the built-in speaker allows him to listen to audiobooks without the need to worry about headphones. The only downside is it is so small we have lost one and sent one through the washing machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!!, April 20, 2010
I bought this a few weeks ago on Amazon.com, and it was on sale for only $15.99. That was the BEST $15.99 I EVER spent. The thing is SO SMALL and convenient, plus, it's REALLY easy to use. You charge it up on a USB port, which takes about 2 hours, and you're ready to go for a good 10 hours. Plus, and this was the MAIN REASON I bought it, the built-in speaker is FABULOUS!!!! When I read reviews on how loud the speaker was, it forced me to buy it, and I am SO THANKFUL that I did. It's the LOUDEST speaker I've ever heard ON a little MP3 player. I was going to buy another one, just to have a second one around, but by the time I was ready to buy it, the price went up to $[...]. NOT that it's NOT worth $[...], because it most DEFINITELY IS, but when you've just paid $15.99 for something, going up another [...] bucks is a little steep. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works with iTunes! My 6 month old's first MP3 player :), September 6, 2009
How surprised was I when I plugged it into my Mac the first time and it appeared as a device in iTunes!
Couldn't be easier to put music on the player. I have it hanging on my daughter's crib and programmed with lullabys and relaxing sounds to help her sleep. I won't let her play with it yet, since it is so small it's a choking hazard!
No LCD to break, no proprietary cable, built in speaker, iPod Shuffle KILLER.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just An Illusion, February 6, 2014

The picture is of a ZEN STONE and I got a ZEN STONE PLUS - This crappy player has a stopwatch - yes dude, I typed stop watch, and a radio. I don't need a RADIO I have a Sony Walkman for that. I don't think so.

I better get the correct item or my refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speaker, February 22, 2013
shdware (Logan, UT USA) - See all my reviews
This has a surprisingly good speaker. Easy to use and a great product, but the awesome speaker is definitely the best part of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, April 8, 2012
I was given the MP3 Player by a friend and wasn't expecting much(it being a freebie). However, I have totally fell in love with it!! Yes, when i want to hear "that certain song," it can be aggravating, but for the size and sound quality, i couldn't ask for more! the controls are conveniently set up also. i can plug it into my car and roll through the songs with no problem. i would definitely recommend the Stone for anyone, all ages.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›