5.0 out of 5 stars The first and the best...
I bought this book sometime in the mid-80s, not long after Bantam published it. I was looking to take control of my life, to actively direct it, rather than swimming with the tide. This book allowed me to do just that.
Published on April 30, 2000 by Laura Haggarty

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds bored with the subject...
I bought this CD because I consider her book, CREATIVE VISUALIZATION one of the classics on creating your own reality. However, to me, Shakti's delivery on the CD leaves much to be desired. I could tell she was reading the script and actually heard her sigh a couple of times! She seems to have a calm personality and I have attended her lectures in the past and enjoyed...
Published on September 2, 2004 by AlwaysLearning

5.0 out of 5 stars The first and the best..., April 30, 2000
Gawain gives a number of excellent techniques to use to actively direct the course of your own life. From spoken and written affirmations, to "treasure maps", all the information given is powerful, and works! I still have a treasure map I drew about fifteen years ago, and everything I visualized then has come to pass over the years. This stuff is real, pure, simple magic that anyone can do. Don't hesitate, take yourself in hand and go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the most important books you can read, June 19, 2000
By A Customer
I cannot emphasize enough the impact this book will make on your life. I read it about 5 years ago and have bought it for at least 20 people since.
The information is simple and logical. If you adopt these simple ideas of thoughts, your life will transform in a way that seems like magic but is not because you control these transformations.
This opinion comes from experience. I have adopted these ideologies into my life approximately 5 years ago after spending 8 years as a waitress and a constant feeling of defeat, fear of the future and confusion. I was constantly living from paycheck to paycheck and had high dreams that I just could not make happen.
After reading the book I used some techniques to visualize what I wanted in my life. My life and my attitude had changed quickly and the path that I needed to follow started to unfold.
I tought myself computers and used my art talents to become a web designer. I now work for a large reputable firm and am highly respected and rewarded for my talents. My first office job at the age of 30 and I am soaring.
I also met the man of my dreams and am married. We have the kind of relationship that everyone dreams about. He has the qualities that I had imagined for myself over 2 years of living alone and I would not settle for anything less.
Enough said-do yourself a favor, read this book and pass it around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction to basics of visualization, December 20, 2003
This review is from: Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life (Paperback)
When i was in grad school in the 80's i bought this book because it was short and practical, and learning and practicing visualization made a good balance against the pure intellectual work i did as a PhD student. Though it is said: Ask and you shall receive, i dont' always get what i ask for; Visualization is not a "Santa Clause machine". But i did benefit by finding my mind clearer, calmer after meditating in the fashion described in this book. Its smaller size and strightforward simplicity appeals to me. Another book i found interesting on the topic of visualizing is The Isaiah Effect by Gregg Braden. It is a longer, more detailed book that includes the author's adventures in discovering secrets of prayer. One passage describes how a Native American prayed rain (not "prayed for rain" but "prayed rain" - an important distinction.) In contrast, Shakti Gawain's book has minimal material on her adventures in discovery, rather it is focused on the goal of being a practical "how-to" anyone can follow without a big time commitment. (BTW, for this reason it's not the book to take on a long trip to fill your time.)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Gift For Friends and Family, December 12, 1997
I received Creative Visualization as a gift from a close friend. Immediately, the pages changed my outlook on life and help me rid my mind of negative thoughts and my life of negative experiences. However, over the past several years, I have picked the book up many times to read and remember the simple, yet valuable lessons it teaches us about living more healthy and happy. I have chosen this book to give to everyone in my family and all of my friends this Christmas; because, if I can do one small thing for them, it would be to help them achieve their dreams and bring more positive and enlightening experiences into their lives. This book is an excellent introduction to creative visualization and once it opens the door to the world of over abundance for the reader, they will begin to have a deeper understanding of the power of the mind and enriched life experiences. And in my case, hopefully buy and read more inspirational books to help them grow mentally stronger--the author recommends several in the back of her book! I highly recommended Creative Visualization for teenagers and adults alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic book on creating your life as you desire it to be, April 4, 2001
Shakti Gawain's classic work, CREATIVE VISUALIZATION, truly stands the test of time. Although I read it for the first time in April 2001 (the original 1978 first edition version), I was thoroughly impressed with the way Gawain can write such a practical guide to the process of how we create our lives from our thoughts and feelings.
Gawain includes many exercises which help readers learn how to relax, how to visualize, contact their higher selves, program prosperity, heal themselves and others, meditate, and state meaningful affirmations. I especially enjoyed her "pink bubble" manifestation meditation for bringing what you most desire to you.
I feel very at home with the exercises and techniques outlined in CREATIVE VISUALIZATION, and highly recommend it to anyone interested in transforming their life for the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars do this - it CAN'T hurt!!!, August 8, 2005
lucidbooks (NEW YORK, NY United States) - See all my reviews
1985 was a stressful time: I was going thru a divorce (that held much-needed freedom but no financial rewards, that's for sure), trying to finish a graduate degree and lost my job at a lousy trade magazine. Fortunately, an acquaintance told me I needed to find a copy of Creative Visualization RIGHT AWAY. I did and took it all very seriously - did all the exercises, meditations, affirmations. I'm really glad I saved the notebooks! I can go back and read over the changes I wanted to make -- places I wanted to go, where I wanted to live, relationships I'd enjoy, particular jobs, health/fitness and, yeah, some financial goals and STUFF I wanted -- and I'm amazed at how easily those have come; how many times I've felt I was looking down a long, empty hall toward a goal and suddenly doors start swinging open and I get helped and guided. There's something magical about having real intent/knowing what you want and saying YES to opportunity and allowing the universe to give you what you deserve so you can share the wealth.

I don't know where I'd be or what I'd be doing now if I hadn't found this book 20 years ago. But I'm sure I wouldn't be HERE doing what I'm doing, living a big life. I'm no heiress but life is great. And I continue to visualize and make lists and maps.

If you've just found this book/concept, it doesn't matter how old you are or what your circumstances are, get going! LEAD your life, rather than wait to see what will happen. Close your eyes, breathe and SEE yourself where you want to be. The way I look at this visualization stuff is ***IT CAN'T HURT*** and it might help.

5.0 out of 5 stars A REMARKABLE BOOK!, December 31, 2000
Robert Batson (HARTFORD, CT United States) - See all my reviews
Shakti has written a book that is both informative and loving. And even if you're not ready for the exercises, just read it to experience serenity and love. This is the biggest benefit I have received from reading this book.
An important insight I have derived is that affirmations and visualizations go together. I used to recite affirmations by rote before I re-read it and realized that affirmations are most effective when recited slowly when your eyes are closed.
I bought this book at Brentano's last April, and I revelled in closing my eyes and visualizing a wonderful future for myself. Since then I have moved into a new home and have started working full-time on salary. Practicing visualization and reading this book helped bring these improvements into my life. Thank you Shakti! for having written such a remarkable book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a life...the one you really want, March 19, 2002
I first read this book in 1990. It changed my life. Since then, I've given it to at least ten other people along with the workbook. Although I still have my raggedy, dog eared, coffee stained, back cover missing, first copy, I've purchased back up copies for myself. I have re-read some sections many times.
I stumbled upon my treasure map and workbook in the basement several years after the first reading. To my amazement, I had accomplished the majority of the goals I'd set. Most of the ones I had not met had lost their appeal by then, or were no longer relevant.
Since practicing Shakti's visualization methods for the last 12 years, I increased my salary three-fold, well into six figures in the last nine years, we're practically debt-free, I've lost weight, and my relationship with my husband has completely and positively altered.
I was laid off in a downsizing recently, and you know what, based on what I know to be true, "This or something better for the higher good of all" is in store for me. I see it as an opportunity for more growth!
This book is not rocket science. Its simplicity is beautiful, but like most transformational work, it only works if you work it
Rock on Shakti!!

5.0 out of 5 stars a classic book, October 14, 2003
This classic is an excellent introduction to fine tuning your own reality from the inside out. The exercises will open and strengthen your heart and mind. The positive power and potential of visualization is made accessible and real through Shakti Gawain's gentle simplicity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spooky!, March 6, 2003
By A Customer
A friend gave me this book years ago. Took me a year to get around to reading it. I am, by nature, a skeptical person. More out of boredom than anything I tried the treasure book exercises for about four months. Then gave up as nothing seemed to be happening. Then - bam, bam, bam!!! Everything I visualized came at me with no effort on my part. It was spooky!
It changed the way I looked at the world and myself. I would discount the review that suggested this works for already successful liberals. That's certainly not me!! It's not about politics or income - it's about realizing the power of that stuff between your ears. Not for everybody but then what book is.

$13.95 $12.55