Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on October 22, 2011
18 months ago or so bought the original zen with 32GBs of space and the ability to add more through a card. The player was significantly less than the famous fruit brand and also had FM radio. The sound was great, video, etc. all awesome. The UI was not as good as some, but with a little learning adequate. When it died, I went right back to Creative. The replacement could only be purchased with 16GB and is now touch screen. You can add more memory through the micro SDHC, but not all brands work. The touch screen is finicky and slow. It is hard to get to specific songs easily, and trying to change the volume is like trying to get the right shower temperature when 3 other people are using water. Usually, I like to go from 9 to 10, or 9 to 11, but with this player, it's usually this: On 9, go up to 13, slide down 8, 12, 7, 10, 8, 9. It is close to impossible to adjust when exercising. The player will only take a charge using the very short USB cord provided with it (ie other USB with power don't seem to work???). The player is also finicky with sending music to it. I originally used Windows Media Player as I had done with the old player, and it was not moving stuff consistently--especially album art. Ended up having to use Creative Centrale which comes with the player. Centrale did not install correctly the first time, and it required a total reboot with services off to get it uninstalled and then installed (the first time this has happened to me with Windows 7 64 bit). Once finally installed, it works, but has a kludgy interface. And, when you go to view the player's content, it takes several (10?) minutes.

On the plus side, the sound is good, and the video quality decent...but if I had a choice between this and my old Zen for $30 more, I would pick the old Zen in a heartbeat.

When I look at the number of players on the Creative site...all with differently supported micro sdhc cards, slightly different features, etc., I can 't help but wonder if the top talent is distributed across too many products.
on November 1, 2009
This screen protector, for the Creative ZEN X-Fi2 player, is a necessity to purchase along with your player. With that said, you may be asking why I only rated it with three stars.

It's a necessary purchase because, without a screen protector, your mp3 player screen is going to begin to accrue scratches within mere minutes of being taken out of the package, just from coming in contact with dust particles. And that's an even bigger negative for a touch screen player like the X-Fi 2. The screen protector reduces glare, which is another positive.

My only complaints are that the screen protector is REALLY difficult for a first timer to apply to the screen just right (i.e. without lots of air bubbles, and at just the right angle so it doesn't overlap with the volume/menu button and built-in speaker slit). You really have to concentrate and have a steady hand when it comes time to put it on, so be forewarned. There are three screen protectors to a package, though it may take you so many retries on the first application that the first protector becomes too worn out to be of any use, and you have to throw it away and retry with the second one; that happened in my case. Of course, the screen protector itself eventually begins to acquire scratches, but that's to be expected.
on July 20, 2011
I have a silver Creative ZEN X-Fi2 16 GB playerCreative Labs Zen X-Fi 2 16 GB MP3 and Video Player with Touchscreen and Built-In Speaker (Black) and I bought these a couple months after having it. I noticed that I was getting way too many smudges and dust on the screen and didn't want that. Especially since it is a touch screen, you can't wipe away dust all the time and expect not to change the song, etc. I was pretty shocked at the price but it is a 3 pack. Even still, over $3.00 a protector is kind of insane. On the other hand, I put this on after completely cleaning it and have had the same one on for months and months with no end in sight. It works really, really well. I stopped being so upset about the price when I realized what a nice quality they were. It was pretty easy to put on the player, you just have to clean it really well. Also, make sure you don't have any bubbles under it. Some screen protectors are kind of hazy but this is super clear. You wouldn't even know there was anything on it. To wrap up, super clear, comes with three, easy to put on and last a very long time. Certainly recommend!
on January 21, 2015
Use this product pretty much on a daily basis on my Zen, and it works perfectly. It was easy to install and it's easy to clean. Very durable as well. I've had it probably over a year, and it looks as good as the day I installed it on my mp3 player. No nicks, cuts, bubbles, or peeling edges. Very happy with it. Would definitely recommend.
on December 4, 2011
You get good quality protectors and they last very long. If its the price you're worried about, don't.

I had one screen on for 2 months and the second on for 1 so far, the cheap ones I've had for my phone (this is the only one for the X-Fi2) last only a month before I replace them.

I recommend an owner of the Creative Zen X-FI2 MP3 player to have these at all times, so the screen does not get ruined.
on August 11, 2011
It is a clear screen protector that does its job. I agree with other reviewers in that it is difficult to get on properly and had to do it twice before I was satisfied. It helps to clean the screen carefully with an electrostatic wipe first.
on January 15, 2011
It is so much nicer to listen to audio books on my mp3 instead of my CD player. I like the compact size of the player, the touch pad works well. I like the RSS Feeds and subscribe to many on Google Reader. I like the the applications(games) that I can download free per Creative Zen. Music sound is excellent, and can be customized to your preference. I like the FM Radio, you can scan for stations or customize with the up/down arrow. You can use an analog or digital clock. Photos store and show well. Haven't used the mike. Do not use the video, as I don't make home videos, my player is not supported by Overdrive library, and I do not want to buy commercial video/movies. There is a calendar, but Creative Zen has restricted the ability to add calendar tasks/appointments only by using Microsoft Office Outlook, but I would rather be able to synchronize with Google calendar. The Creative Zen Support phone staff were very helpful and I appreciate them, also the Creative Web support page and email were helpful.
on January 15, 2010
I was worried about scratching the screen on my Zen so I got this screen protector. It covers the ENTIRE front, and has holes for both the home button and the speaker, which fit perfectly of course. It was easy to put on, I got it almost perfect with my first try (there is only 1 air bubble, but small and on the bottom right corner).
You can use the touch screen just as well, if not better through the protector, and the picture quality is unaffected.

If you own a Zen X-Fi 2, you need to get this.
on January 30, 2010
Accurate fit, great protection for a device that requires a screen interface. Install Tip: If you have some Zagg spray, coat both sides of the film and then slide on your Zen face. The fluid allows more fitting time and then can be squeeged out and blotted for a perfect fit.
on April 16, 2011
I am a grandma with low vision. I managed to get the first screen protector on my player with no problems at all. This small investment is well worth the protection it gives my X-FI2 screen.