Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Creativity for Kids It's My Life Scrapbook Kit
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 11, 2013
I got this little kit for my oldest daughter (8) last Christmas. I came back this year to order one for my 7 year old. Her sister really enjoyed it and still has it. She spent hours working on her own scrapbook, all about her.

Included:

One hard cover, spiral bound 12 page scrapbook album

10 sheets of patterned paper including embossed and diamond dust designs

Over 50 vellum stickers

Easy to use photo cropping stencil

Scallop edged scissors

2 tiny treasure envelopes

Journal pen

Photo safe glue stick

Instructions and ideas

Plus a mini key chain scrapbook

You may be able to buy all of these things separately if you are into scrapbooking. I'm not, so it was an easy pick.

Recommended as a gift for young girls so that they can make a scrapbook of their life and decide if scrapbooking is something they enjoy.

Thanks for reading my review. I hope it is helpful in making a purchasing decision.
33 comments|117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2011
Tween girls are a little...dare I say it...self-involved? This isn't a bad thing, for the most part. I think that this is the age to foster self-confidence and self-image. So, when racking my brain to find an age appropriate gift for my tween cousin I came upon this idea. First of all, it allows a girl to express her creative side. In this modern day of cell phones, computers, and video games kids really do not work with their hands and create anything any longer. It's kind of sad really, but hey, what are you gonna do. Secondly, there is no Hannah Montana, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Katie Perry, Ke$ha, or Nikki Minaj on anything anywhere in this kit. Which is a welcome break from the pop star overdose we seem to be experiencing in this country. Finally, This scrap book is all about them. What they like, memories they made. Which is right up the self-involved tween girl aisle. My recommendation...if your little girl (I know she thinks she's not little) likes to decorate her room and her school folders, she will love making a scrapbook all about her favorite person...herself.

Please note the opinions expressed in this post are not meant to be cynical, rather comical and I apologize to any tween girl offended by my post.
33 comments|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2008
I purchased this for my six year old niece and sent it along with a disposable camera. She loved it. It is a fun way to start her on scrapbooking.
on January 17, 2008
I purchased this for my "artsy" 10 year old niece. She loves it. I'd buy another if I had another niece.
on November 19, 2012
I gave this to my nine year old niece as a gift. She appears to love it. Along with this kit, I also gave her a little disposable Kodak camera so that she could use her photos as she scrap booked. She is excited about the idea of doing this.
on July 16, 2008
I liked it. And I hope my niece will have fun with it. However, I think I have seen it at Target for a little bit less. With all the good deals I got from Amazon so far, I didn't get upset at all. Thanks!
on November 30, 2012
Not much variety or creativeness for the price. I went to Walmart and got one between 10 to 12 bucks and it had more pages and accessories included.
on December 10, 2014
This is a cute, comprehensive scrapbbok kit designed for young girls. I bought it for my niece's 10th birthday so that she could make a nice scrapbook commemorating her special day. I'm going to help her with it and will help guide her to design an "All About Me at Age 10" keepsake for herself. I also bought a few themed stickers to accompany this gift so that she can make pages that are dedicated to things that are of interest to her at this point in her life (gymnastics, the beach, etc.)
I think with some adult guidance and suggestions, this can be a really wonderful memory making activity for the child to enjoy for a long time.
on December 9, 2014
I bought this scrapbook kit for my 8 year old stepdaughter. She absolutely loved it. This kit has a lot of content to it and the items are very colorful and easy to use. I shopped around and scrapbooking supplies are very expensive. I thought this was a great deal for the money. I would recommend this product!
on May 16, 2012
I purchased this for my daughter. It was a great introduction into scrapbooking for her. Now she's addicted to it and has moved onto more advanced scrapbooking. Definitely a nice way to get let kids get a taste for it without spending a lot of money.