There are no customer reviews yet.  Create your own review

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Great Buy!!!! Just as great as they were 25 years ago!, December 18, 2009
This review is from: Creativity for Kids Shrinky Dink Deluxe (Toy)
I am very impressed with this set. First of all, Shrinky Dinks are just as awesome as I remember them being 25 years ago. Although they are even more fun now, playing with them with your own kids and watching my 3 year old looking through the window of the oven as they begin to shrink. We played with them together for almost 2 hours!!! The kit comes with everything, right down to the hole puncher needed to make the dinks into necklaces etc. Everything is right there. Super great Kid. Worth the money and will provide hours of fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars As much fun as the original, September 8, 2010
This review is from: Creativity for Kids Shrinky Dink Deluxe (Toy)
I LOVE this shrinky dink kit. I have purchased/am purchasing it for every girls' birthday this year. My 5-yr old really likes to color the patterns in and then watch them shrink in the oven. I also like the accompanying supplies to make necklaces, barrettes, keychains, gift tags, etc. It's a great value for the price. If you have a child that enjoys arts and crafts, put this at the top of your list. All gift recipients (5 yr olds) have told me that it is their favorite thing to make.

One thing that I must stress is follow the instructions EXACTLY! Preheat your cookie sheet in the oven. Use babypowder on the foil. Watch the shrink dinks shrink. Do not use a toaster oven; you will not get the best results. I know this as a friend of mine used a toaster oven and didn't follow the rest of the instructions - the shrinky dinks didn't turn out very well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Alex Toys Brand, January 6, 2012
Mikeiram (SAINT JOHNS, MICHIGAN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creativity for Kids Shrinky Dink Deluxe (Toy)
I bought this pack of Shrinky Dinks and an Alex Toys Shrinky Dinks Christmas tree.
The Alex toys brand Shrinky Dinks are much thicker and much more durable.
My daughter and I made charms from the Creativity for Kids kit and they broke within 3 days of use.
Shrinky Dinks are great retro fun-just buy the Alex Toys brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, May 17, 2011
This review is from: Creativity for Kids Shrinky Dink Deluxe (Toy)
We bought this for my daughter for her 5th birthday. We have had so much fun with this. I loved Shrinky Dinks as a child and I am so glad that I now get to share this with my daughter. There are a good number of sheets included to color and shrink. A good value for the price compared to some of the other Shrinky Dink products for sale. And the beads and barrette stuff is a fun extra. I wish I could find a similar sports-themed kit for the boys on my shopping list. (I did buy this through Amazon, but on my husband's account, so it won't show this as a verified purchase.)

4.0 out of 5 stars as cool as I remember, December 30, 2009
J. Gottmann (CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creativity for Kids Shrinky Dink Deluxe (Toy)
when she opened the gift, she didn't get it.
one run through the oven and she was hooked.

she's not quite 5 years old. two thumbs up.

(I couldn't see giving it a low educational value - sure, it's not teaching her to read, but certainly there's a scientific lesson in there somewhere.) :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great retro fun, January 1, 2012
This review is from: Creativity for Kids Shrinky Dink Deluxe (Toy)
Have Shrinky Dinks always been around and I just haven't been paying attention? Or did they disappear for a while and now are making a come back? I had almost totally forgotten these fun projects from my own childhood, and when I saw this set, I knew I had to get my own daughters hooked too.

Compared to other pre-packaged crafty sorts of activities, this is a good value for the money. There are ten sheets of Shrinky Dink designs to color, cut out and hole punch. Then you get the excitement of watching them curl up and then lay flat again in the oven. This step is great because of how fast it all happens (about a minute and a half to two minutes) - my kids loved watching the Shrinky Dinks transform right before their eyes. Finally, there are tons of beads, jewelry accessories and cards available for several more hours of crafting fun. Overall, I'd guess this one kit can keep a chid busy for a total of 6 to 10 hours to complete all the Shrinky Dinks as well as several necklaces, bracelets, hairpins, etc.

I'm somewhat disappointed in a few aspects of the package. For one thing, there are only six colored pencils included. It would be nice to have about twice that many. (Does anyone know if regular colored pencils will work, or is there something special about the included ones?) Also, the beads included are not the highest quality. The size of the beads varies greatly, which is nice for variety, but some are really hard to string, especially the little white ones. In fact, several didn't even have openings at all. And finally, as others have noted, I too miss the blank Shrinky Dink pages that used to be included.

All-in-all, my daughters (ages 3 and 5) loved this activity as much as I did as a kid, and it filled several hours of our Christmas break. My younger daughter wasn't able to do all the steps on her own, especially the cutting, but with assistance she loved joining in with her big sister. I will definitely be looking for more sets and/or I will be looking at some of the places suggested in the comments to another review for blank pages. After all, we can always provide our own string and beads, probably for less than the cost of another full set. This set was a great introduction for a new generation of Shrinky Dink lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun on a winter's day, December 11, 2010
This review is from: Creativity for Kids Shrinky Dink Deluxe (Toy)
Shrinky Dinks are awesome especially when you're stuck inside. We used them when family was over with a 8, 9, 15 and 4 year old everybody had lots of fun. My 4 year old needed a little help cutting the design out but other than that she was able to really enjoy this toy.
If you don't know what shrinky dinks are let me tell you how they work. First, you pick one of many designs out of the box and cut it out of the sheet. Next, you color it. Then, you stick them in the oven and watch them shrink, (this was everybody's favorite part)it only takes a few minutes. When your design comes out of the oven it's tiny a little thicker and shiny. You can use it for a charm on a bracelet or necklace or glue it to a hair clip etc. There are ample supplies in the box to make to make any of the afore mentioned items.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but younger kids need help cutting out designs, December 27, 2010
This review is from: Creativity for Kids Shrinky Dink Deluxe (Toy)
I bought this for a Christmas present for my 7 year old daughter. The coloring part was like any coloring, but small spaces, so not recommended for really small children to color. I cut out the designs because of the size was hard for her to handle. When she was cutting, the material would "rip" a little more. It does come with everything you need: hole punch, thread, jewelry, colored pencils, pencil sharpener. You'll need scissors.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shrinking fun - Jewelry assembly not so much!, July 4, 2013
This review is from: Creativity for Kids Shrinky Dink Deluxe (Toy)
Fun shrinking but very little instructions on making the jewelry and there is NO way a child could do this by themselves. Ended up using the shrinky dinks as charms and not using all the jewelry pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shrinky Dink Deluxe, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Creativity for Kids Shrinky Dink Deluxe (Toy)
I will give this set 10 stars, I gave this to my 7 year old granddaugter and se loved it, she call it magic after her colors came up so bright after they shrunk, we have sooo much fun and no problems, everything comes on the box. I will recomend this to every parent, it is fun, easy and no mess.

Creativity for Kids Shrinky Dink Deluxe