Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 22, 2014
Mark Runco has compiled some of the most important western works on the topic of creativity. While being academic in nature, it is still readable for those versed on the topic of creativity. I have used in as a reference for some of my own ideas. It is easily searchable and topic are well organized.
on September 10, 2009
The product was for a class I have enjoyed it so far however, I have not completed yet. It is very descriptive and easily read. It is helping me to understand creativity and the many theories that help define this term.
on July 3, 2013
Runco's Creativity Book is serious reading for anyone who is interested in creativity and it's background themes. Almost like a handbook.
on November 1, 2009
Not surprisingly, a heavy book from an experienced expert is quite informative and comprehensive. It certainly serves well as a reference for creativity researchers. What bothers me is the poor structure. Within many chapters, the structure and logical relationships among paragraphs are quite unclear and can be confusing.
on January 8, 2015
All the books I've bought, are written very successful.
on August 27, 2015
excellent!
on April 15, 2012
I have not read the book, although I have read quite a deal of E Paul Torrance's material. So I imagine "Creativity" is quite comprehensive. It seems there may be the problem that afflicts most academic writers. They start with research, probably everyone else's initially, and then work down to the practical application of that research (sometimes).
I came across the Kindle listing because I was looking for books that I could link my just published introduction to a new series on how anyone can teach art to anyone. I start with the simplest thing someone can do and as the series unfold reveal the underlying philosophy along with associated teaching (well coaching) practices. In other words the opposite approach to that taken by this author. If you are interested have a look at Program One: Sealed Orders (SPACE Art Education - coach)
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse