I have been hit hard by the economic downturn. My income has declined and so then my credit card balances grew as I used credit to supplement my income. I was on a road to financial ruin and my family felt it. I confided in my family as to my financial issues and my niece recommended this book.

Credit Hell helped me get back to reality and helped me sort...
Published on January 5, 2009 by T. Lewis

2.0 out of 5 stars For Beginners only
Published on August 21, 2006 by Rod A. Britten

4.0 out of 5 stars this book helped me deal with the recession and my money troubles, January 5, 2009
This review is from: Credit Hell : How to Dig Out of Debt (Paperback)

Credit Hell helped me get back to reality and helped me sort through my financial issues. It aided me in creating a sensible budget that I felt I could stick to and I was able to change it as my needs changed with the guidance I had been given.

Credit card issuers have you by the neck when your debt spirals out of control and when you ask for a reprieve they tighten the noose. I now know how to deal with my creditors to my advantage and pay down my debt. Credit hell walked me through the process.

I recommend this book as a great "how to" - it has helped me greatly and I hope it helps you as well!

2.0 out of 5 stars For Beginners only, August 21, 2006
Rod A. Britten (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Credit Hell : How to Dig Out of Debt (Paperback)
This is basically a rehash of the CCCS party line - absolutely NOTHING new or original in here. NOTHING about debt negotiation - reducing the principal balance, the money actually owed, not just payments or interest rates. Easy to read, a fine primer for someone who knows nothing about this stuff and is in debt trouble for the first time, but useless to someone who is fighting for his financial life against debt collection lawyers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Altering Reading, April 13, 2005
Ms. Levy (boca raton, fl) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Credit Hell : How to Dig Out of Debt (Paperback)
Awesome!!! This is one of the most helpful and informative books I've ever written. I truly was beginning to believe that my debt was unmanageable. This author really provides great advice, based on hands-on experience, for dealing with credit issues. Easy reading. Thank goodness someone finally has explained all the pitfalls of credit usage in understandable terms. This is definitely must reading. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, May 3, 2005
This review is from: Credit Hell : How to Dig Out of Debt (Paperback)
This book provided the details of what I needed to know to get my credit and debt situation on track and out of hell The tactics are very easy to understand and have worked wonders for my credit problems.

I would say this is a must have if you are having any credit or debt issues at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, Practical, April 18, 2005
Billism (Rockville, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Credit Hell : How to Dig Out of Debt (Paperback)
This is a great book to help you manage your debts and get them under control. I really liked the section on your legal rights as you go through this process. The book is very easy to understand and provides step by step instructions that anyone can follow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great information when you need it, February 7, 2008
This review is from: Credit Hell : How to Dig Out of Debt (Paperback)
This book was very helpful to me. It was recommended by a friend who knew I was dealing with $30,000 worth of debt and did not know where to turn. The book enlighten me to where I went wrong and how I got myself into this mess... but it did provide me with hope - reading the other stories in the book, made me see I was not the only one dealing with horrible, overwhelming debt!

One of the most helpful chapters is the How to Build Your Credit as well as the info on the FICO scores and what is critical to your credit future. Perhaps I am a novice and this book explained how credit works when no one else did...

5.0 out of 5 stars My Key to Getting Back on Track, February 3, 2009
This review is from: Credit Hell : How to Dig Out of Debt (Paperback)
I was in debt hell. I was barely paying my minimum payments and asking family for help with my credit cards almost every other month. At first, they were understanding but after a while, they put their foot down and told me that they weren't going to help me anymore. I didn't know what to do. Then my brother handed me his copy of Credit Hell: How to Dig Out of Debt.

I admit. At first, I was pretty skeptical about reading it. I didn't want it to be another lecture on how I screwed up. But it wasn't like that. The book actually made me put my situation into perspective and realize that I didn't have to live this way. What's more, it gave me step by step instructions on how to get myself out of debt.

I'm still in the trenches...working my way out of debt, but at least now I have a better idea on how to get out of there. And I have something that I didn't have before, hope.

This book changed my life. I know, it sounds pretty corny but it's true. It's been key to getting my life back on track.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, May 3, 2005
This review is from: Credit Hell : How to Dig Out of Debt (Paperback)
This book is so informative and gives all the ins and outs that the credit card companies don't tell us. Finally someone spelled it out for us. People in debt must read this book, it will save you so much in the long run!

5.0 out of 5 stars Credit Hell: How to Dig Out of Debt, May 3, 2005
This review is from: Credit Hell : How to Dig Out of Debt (Paperback)
Very informative and easy to follow. There are so many good pointers that I can use to improve my financial situation now and in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Good Information, February 8, 2010
Michael W. Newman (Gulf Breeze, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Credit Hell : How to Dig Out of Debt (Paperback)
This is not a bad credit / debt book. The only problem with it is that I wish the book went into more depth about credit hell. I would certainly not use this book as your only source of advice if you are in credit hell, and need advice, but I would use it as a source to start with. I would still reccomend this book.

Credit Hell : How to Dig Out of Debt
Credit Hell : How to Dig Out of Debt by Howard S. Dvorkin (Paperback - March 21, 2005)
Used & New from: $0.01