5.0 out of 5 stars Miller at her best!
Creed's Honor was a book I selected at Net Galley and my first LL Miller book. I plan to buy A Creed in Stone Creek, the first in this series plus book three since I was very impressed with the story and Miller's fine writing style.

Published on May 31, 2011 by Tooncesmom

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I'm a big LLM fan - the McKettricks, O'Ballivans, Creeds, all of 'em - and I usually devour one of these books in a day. I've re-read the Dylan/Logan/Tyler series several times over.

Published on June 7, 2011 by RomanceWriter

5.0 out of 5 stars Miller at her best!, May 31, 2011

Creed's Honor is the story of Connor Creed, an identical twin growing up in the Colorado town of Lonesome Bend. Orphaned at an early age, he and his brother Brody, along with their cousin Stephen (the Stone Creek Creed) are raised by an aunt and uncle. The twins jointly inherit their father's ranch, but Connor stays and Brody goes off on the rodeo circuit. Connor harbors a deep resentment of Brody for shirking his duty, but also for stealing the girl he' d planned to marry. When Brody returns, intent on settling on his half of the ranch, Connor cannot hide his resentment, and he struggles with identity issues.

Tricia McCall spends part of her time in Seattle, the other part at her late father's upstairs apartment in the home of her elderly Great-Grandmother Nettie. She's managing the RV park and dilapidated outdoor drive-in her late father left her. So far, in two years there hasn't been a buyer for the property and Tricia is concerned about finances. She has a relationship of sorts with a yuppie type in Seattle but seems uncommitted and wonders if she is more interested in the concept of love that the real thing. When Connor comes on the scene, she finds herself attracted to the solemn rancher. The romance moves slowly and cautiously. Miller's story includes a lot of information about the townspeople, the stray dog Tricia finds, managing the RV park and getting ready for an annual rummage sale and chili cook-off. Tricia's concern for and interaction with Nettie and her goddaughter who come for a two-week visit while her best friend and husband fly to France to house hunt shows great insight into the human psyche. Ms. Miller is wonderful with the small details that draw the reader into the story. Readers wanting a good sensual scene won't be disappointed. The sex is hot, but appropriate, and the reader will cheer for Connor and Tricia to forget old hangups and give love a chance.

Wonderful writing and great dialogue. This series shows why Miller is at the top of her class in penning the modern Western romance. Highly recommended. 4.5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, June 7, 2011

But it seriously took me a week to finish this one, because it was, well, kind of boring. I kept waiting for a connection between Trisha and Conner, but it never really came. The at-length descriptions of the animals had me rolling my eyes, and the loooong conversations between Trisha and everyone BUT Conner was frustrating.

I agree with another poster who said you can't get it right every time. This one book won't keep me from reading future LLM books (I've already pre-ordered Brody's), but this one... not gonna be re-reading.

To tell the truth, in my opinion the best part of this book is the guy on the cover. :o)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad...Wasn't my favorite...., June 3, 2011
This review is from: Creed's Honor (Montana Creeds Book 6) (Kindle Edition)
I'm a huge fan of LLM and have read all of her series. I was looking forward to this book since I read the last one (A Creed in Stone Creek), however I was a little disapointed. The characters hardly spent any time together and most of the book was spent describing the dog, the cat, the great-grandmother, etc. I wanted more of Tricia and Connor. Don't get me wrong it's a good read but I didn't have a problem putting it down like I usually do with LLM books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, June 12, 2011
This review is from: Creed's Honor (Montana Creeds Book 6) (Kindle Edition)
I've read most of Miller's other books. However, this one was just to wordy. I really don't need to know that she opened the door, got out of the car, then locked it using her key fob. That's common sense. There was so little interaction between Tricia and Connor it seemed as if there wasn't much to base their love on. Hopefully the next book in the series won't be as overly descriptive. This one was an okay book, but just okay. I definitely won't be reading it again. The best part of the book was that it was cheaper to buy the Kindle version.

2.0 out of 5 stars LLM's formula plot is getting old!, June 11, 2011
LLM has gotten too formulaic, and quite honestly, it is old and worn out at this point. We start off with the usual lonesome cowboy, (Conner), surley and alone on a big old ranch. Then he meets the usual heroine, (Tricia). There is a prerequesite cute child, Sasha,(Tricia's g-ddaughter). Why is this kid even in the story? It didn't add anything to it at all! We have the usual stray dog, Valentino, I understand Linda Lael Miller is a huge animal lover and supporter of animal rights groups, but having a rescued stray dog in every one of her stories is really getting dull. We also have the conflict of the two brothers, Conner and his twin Brody, been there done that, read it in other LLM books. There was more concentration on the plotline of the minor characters including the dog and cat then there was the hero and heroine. Geez, after only two x of "connecting" Conner is in love with Tricia and asks her to get married???? Zero chemistry between the two. Here's hoping LLM will step outside her comfort zone, and give Brody a much better book/story.

2.0 out of 5 stars Substandard, June 6, 2011
Wow...I hate to add to the broken record, but this LLM book was awful! I have read almost all of her books and have enjoyed them. This one I put down several times and then found myself skipping ahead to find out if these two main characters, Tricia and Conner, actually get around to really communicating or dating or something! There was just so much going on...way too much information and wasted page space on the cat and dog! I get that LLM is an animal lover, so am I, but really? This is suppose to be a romance novel! The great grandmother was spunky and the god-daughter cute, but again--too much information. Tricia and Conner were cheated out of character development and the romance story line. I enjoyed "A Creed in Stone Creek," and I really hope the third book in this series (about Brody) is much better. Personally, I would skip this one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Jen, June 8, 2011
Series: Creed Cowboys (#2)
Release Date: May 31st, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin
Page Count: 384

The blurb for this book is a little misleading. It focuses all on Conner, and while the series is about the Creed men, this book spends a LOT of time on Tricia, so it's unfortunate that she's just mentioned in brief in the blurb. So, here's a little more about your heroine of the story... Tricia is a big-city girl who ends up in Lonesome Bend to tie up some loose ends after her father passes away. She spent summers in the small town while growing up, but finds herself living their full time as she tries to unload some property that was left to her... and deal with the memories the town invokes. What she doesn't plan on is meeting and ultimately falling for Conner (I'm not spoiling anything, it's a Harlequin romance after all).

I am a huge fan of Linda Lael Miller and have met her at a couple book signings (heck, she lives in the same town as me) so I was excited to get my hands on her upcoming book. Again, Linda has delivered a solid book, delving into family relationships as well as a blooming romance. The only thing that prevented me from giving this book the highest rating was the romance. To me, it seemed a little shallow. Conner and Tricia seem to circle around each other and then magically are announcing "I love you" to each other. More time was spent on Conner's strained relationship with his brother and Tricia's with her great-grandmother and goddaughter than with each other.

This minor slight is the only flaw in an otherwise engaging book. I found myself glued to the story until the last page and am looking forward to the next book in the series, The Creed Legacy, which is about Conner's twin brother, Brody.

3.0 out of 5 stars where is LLM?, June 3, 2011
What I really like about LLM books are her descriptions of what the characters are thinking. I gave this book a 3 star because I don't want to wait until I'm 60% through the book before the two main characters ever "really" talk to each other. I love reading books about the west and country life but I don't need to read page after page about all the animals. I want to read about the main characters. Tricia and Conner had so much potential but didn't really deliver fully. If this is supposed to be romance book, then there was very little. Tricia and Conner didn't even have a real date and on their 2nd time they have sex he proposes? Not very realistic especially for two characters that had hang-ups about past relationships. There was more dialogue between Tricia and the little girl and with her grandmother than with Conner. I get it that Tricia was close to her g-grandmother, I just don't want to read so many pages about it. For the past 4-5 books LLM has written about characters that are trying to find their way in life, have a precocious child in them, have a mangy old dog that was rescued, and siblings/family that have done them wrong. Please LLM, I love your books and I'll keep buying for now but you are in a rut! Sorry, I have to call it the way I see it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sigh..., June 1, 2011
Amelia Kilometere (Derbying in Montana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creed's Honor (Montana Creeds Book 6) (Kindle Edition)
My first LLM book was Tate. After reading that I read any LLM book I could get my hands on and have now read all the McKettricks, O'Ballivans, Primrose Creek and so on. I've even read Mojo, the Look Books and her vampire novels. Yes, I'm a fan.

However, I've not been overly impressed by this series so far. The author's writing is getting overly descriptive, a bit like Sue Grafton (whom I love, too, but seriously I skip half the words because I do not need minute details of how Kinsey Milhone gets ready every morning or about how she got up from her chair took 3 steps to the right turned around flicked her hair took a breath because she breathes put her hand on the knob turned the knob pulled the door and opened the door).

The characters had potential but fell totally flat. Conner and Tricia barely saw one another and then were in love and got married. Rather than getting development for the main characters we got descriptions of how a cat flicked it's tail or whole pages about a dog.

No writer can get it right every time and I still consider myself a huge fan. But I'd love to see less about dogs and more prose about the main characters. For emotional pull, read Tate or McKettrick's Pride. Those books actually made me cry each of the 3 times I read them.

A book doesn't have to make me cry but LLM's way with words is what sucked me in and I feel let down by Creed's Honor

3.0 out of 5 stars Another Ho-Hum Story by LLM:, August 4, 2013
JJares "jjares" (near Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
This book did not suffer from many of the problems of the first book in the series: A CREED IN STONE CREEK. There was a sufficient time span for the characters get to know one another (they didn't jump in bed before page 50).

Tricia McCall has returned to the small town of Lonesome Bend, Colorado, to sell some property left to her by her father. She spent summers with her dad in this neck of the woods and is nostalgic about her early life. As a city girl, Tricia is eager to sell the land and get back to civilization. Unfortunately, there are no takers beating down her door.

Tricia has been in an on-and-off-again relationship with a Seattle-based man, Hunter. Although she expects to marry Hunter, Tricia appears to be drifting through life. Connor remembers Tricia from her summers in the area and is interested; she doesn't share the feeling.

This is the story of Connor Creed -- one of a pair of identical twins - who seem to hate each other. They have been estranged for more than 10 years. Suddenly, Brody appears and announces that he has come to stay on the ranch he and Connor inherited.

I think LLM has worn out the formula of adding a child, a cat and a growing dog to fill pages. This book is also quite wordy; she describes someone getting into a car and starting the ignition. Things that don't need to be explained to the reader ARE explained in grinding detail; it is obvious that she is padding the book.

My real issue with the book, however, is the lack of chemistry between the main characters. There are things going on that don't promote the story. Tricia and Connor don't really spend a great deal of time talking to each other - most of the book is told through the interaction of other characters.

3 stars

Creed Cowboy
1. A Creed in Stone Creek (2011)
2. Creed's Honor (2011)
3. The Creed Legacy (2011)

Creed's Honor (Montana Creeds Book 6)
$4.74