Creepshow (Snap Case Packaging)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Five Grisly Stephen King Tales in the Style Of 50's Horror Comic Books: Father's Day, The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill, Something to Tide You Over, The Crate, and They're Creeping Up on You
Top Customer Reviews
1. Father's Day. Your classic EC story of revenge from the grave. Nathan, the patriarch of a wealthy family, was murdered by his daughter on father's day. When the family gathers for their annual celebration, he decides to seek his revenge from beyond the grave. Let's just say that he want's to have his cake, and eat it to. Standard horror comic formula has it's moments, one of which is a young Ed Harris, but is nothing special. ***
2. The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verril. Stephen King himself flexes his comis muscle as a less-than-bright country bumpkin who discovers a meteor in his back yard one night, and upon touching it, starts to sprout green plants. His fate is sealed as he so aptly states "I'm growing". Is the funniest of the lot, with a bit of horror and a bit of absurdity. ***
3. The Crate. When a Janitor finds an empty crate under the stairs of a local university, one man must deal with the consequences of what he unleashes when he opens it. Apparently, it contains a prehistoric beast that can devour a human whole. What the man also contends with is his obnoxious, alcoholic wife (played very well by Adrienne Barbeau). How can he solve both problems? The is probably the best story in the whole movie, and by far the bloodiest. ****
4. Something To Tide you Over. Wentworth (Ted Danson) intends on marrying Rebecca (Romero regular Gaylen Ross).Read more ›
"Father's Day" is about a mean spirited old man who comes back from the grave to give his even meaner family their just desserts.
"The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verril" stars King himself as a lonely farmer who finds a meteor and its strange growing properties. King's performance is hilarious, as is his Chia Pet transformation.
"Something To Tide You Over" is a great story, starring Leslie Nielson and Ted Danson. About a slighted man's revenge toward his wife and her lover. And how the tide has a habit of bringing things back. Up until the end this is a highly original thriller, with a seriously twisted murder weapon. Entertaining, but not scary.
"The Crate" is the best of the bunch, a scary monster story. Hal Holbrook is a professor with a problem. His wife. When he's asked to help a colleague with something very old and dangerous that lives in a crate and likes to eat people, he thinks of the perfect meal for the creature. Graphic, violent, and strangely funny this is reason enough to purchase this movie.
"They're Creeping Up On You" is about a very powerful old man who likes to step on those who get in his way. But he has a deep fear of bugs. Probably the worst of the bunch, but worth watching for the end.
The comic book element throughout, and a very nasty ending brought to us by a disobedient child and a mail order voodoo doll. Creepshow is a must have for the Horror fan, especially if you ever read any of the old E.C. comics which can still be obtained through reprint editions at your local comic book store.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Holds up pretty well. Best vignettes are Father's Day and the Crate. Enjoy!!!!Published 4 days ago by Robert Ferrell
I loved it when I watched in in the 80's and I still like it now. Where is my cake? Its fathers day. If you have not seen this horror show, get it and watch it. I liked it.Published 19 days ago by Big Rod
Long time favorite! I enjoyed these movies as a kid and was thrilled to find them on DVD! I even purchased an extra copy for my daughter for her birthday. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Jen R.
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|2-disc Special Edition!||
Anyone expecting a special edition with this year's blu-ray release will be disappointed... it's only got the theatrical trailer (and Dolby TrueHD 2.0 audio).
Jul 13, 2009 by Jr. | See all 4 posts
|WHEN are they going to get "Pet Sematary" on Blu-ray?||
I HOPE IT COMES OUT ON BLUE RAY. This is one AWESOME movie. It would sell VERY WELL on Blue-Ray
Apr 10, 2011 by Roger K. Baker Jr. | See all 3 posts
|Is Creepshow come in a snapcase or aakeepcase?||Be the first to reply|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 4-for-3 DVD
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Horror