Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Diary of Creepy-Ass Dolls
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 3, 2013
This book is a big hit with everyone I give it to. Laugh Out Loud jolly good time!

This book is a great stocking stuffer, and/or coffee table item. Just don't put it on the night stand, or under your bed!
on May 29, 2013
I received this book as a gift for my birthday. As a proud owner of my very own Creepy-Ass Doll, I was extremely excited about this book. However, a few days after I got the book creepy things stated to happen. I saw a lady who was clearly being attacked by a ghost on the side of the road, my office desk started to become mysteriously disorganized during the night, and I feel like my creepy doll, Ingrid, is following and turning against me. I believe that this book has changed my life forever and has made my own doll come to life. The pictures in this book are truly frightening and I am very sure that the photos in this book are calling to her and have awakened my beloved Ingrid.
on July 7, 2012
My 20 something daughter has always been creeped out by old dolls. So I bought this for her; this book did not disappoint. Very vivid photography, capturing the sinister and nightmarish aspect of her phobia. Therapy?
on April 15, 2011
I'm sure lots of other daughters welcome being handed down the dolls their mothers played with when they were little girls, but I took one look at my own mom's doll, which has TEETH, and said, "No thank you!" I have always been creeped out by dolls and this book reiterates why, whether it's seeing a scary little monster saying it wants to smother me in my sleep or one who is most likely to run at me with scissors. Yeesh. Even when a doll's quote is seemingly innocent, the look on its face says otherwise. In between the creep factor is a lot of fun, goofy humor. The yearbook approach is clever and the author's captions suit each doll uncannily well. The book also has a cool design, which adds another layer of visual appeal. Creepy-Ass Dolls is just a really fun and kooky book for anyone creeped out by dolls themselves and also those brave enough to be in the same room with one.
on June 15, 2014
I bought this book for my niece jennifer, who is deathly creeped out by dolls. I was hoping there would be more scary dolls but this book takes a light hearted look at the subject. I was hoping to give her nightmares but this book wont do it. Maybe next time
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2015
Fun little book showing photos of some truly creepy dolls and featuring neat little write ups. The book is small and many of the dolls featured weren't actually scary in any way, just "vintage" and given old-timey named like "Prudence" (I would have preferred if all the dolls photographed were actually inherently scary and messed up, as opposed to just being old) There were a few dolls though that definitely were creepy- the stuff of nightmares, but I'd say no more than 10-20% of them fit that bill and the rest looked like pretty much any doll you'll find in Value Village in the "collectibles" section (namely, cheap old porcelain dolls) or the odd retro "baby" doll with a slightly daffy look on its face. Walk into any thrift store and you run a good chance of coming across 2 or 3 dolls that are as creepy as the majority of dolls in this book. This book could have given information about real life haunted dolls, too (such as Robert the doll) and it didn't. I give it 4 stores for the unique subject matter... I just wished it had been a little more refined. A history of dolls and doll making and their use in voodoo and witch craft would have been a nice touch, too.
on April 17, 2011
Grab a flashlight and head to a dark corner. With toys like this, it's no wonder kids have nightmares! But the real fun of this book lies with the names of each doll and the clever vignettes. I'm saving my copy for my granddaughter. Is that wrong of me?
on December 14, 2012
This book was exactly what I was looking for. I added a few more pages myself to make it even more creepy!! It's a great gag gift for my brother which we do every year!!
on December 21, 2013
The pictures are sort of funny. I got this initially as a gift for my sister in law. The only thing is that a lot of the captions sort of make fun of the chubby ness of some of the dolls. My sister in law is overweight so I'm actually on the fence about whether she'll think it's funny or offensive. I will probably hold off on giving it to her and give it to someone else instead.
on November 23, 2012
I got this book for someone who has a doll phobia, and it was a big hit. Everyone wanted to take a look and weigh in on the creepiest doll in the book, lots of creepy fun.