5.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad at All--Seriously!!!
Published 20 months ago by Terry Sunday

3.0 out of 5 stars Double your pleasure(?) for bad movies devotees!
The Slime People movie is so bad it's good and The Crawling Hand is so bad it's... well it's fair. Both are unintentionally funny but the Slime People is more fun. Still the double feature is nice. For fans of bad movies only! LOL.
Published 29 days ago by William A Devenney

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad at All--Seriously!!!, April 2, 2013
Terry Sunday (El Paso, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Creepy Creature 2 (DVD)
Whatever your expectations of "Creepy Creature Double Feature Vol. 2," mine were probably lower. I had never before seen either of these shoestring-budget, 1960's-vintage, black-and-white films, and I had no idea how they measured up (or down) to the already low standards of the genre. Based on the garish lobby-card artwork on the front of the DVD case, though, I felt sure they would be, at best, forgettable schlockfests, or, at worst, a total waste of time and money.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I watched the two movies in this double feature (both are on a single DVD that appears to be pressed, not burned-to-order) in one sitting and enjoyed them both very much. Oh, there's no way anyone could call these "good" movies, not by any stretch of the imagination. But they're really not bad at all, given their limitations of budget, talent and special effects. These types of films tend to show up as blurry, washed-out, jerky, late-late-late-night offerings on obscure television channels, with 10 minutes of commercials for every four or five minutes of movie. The transfers of "The Crawling Hand" and "The Slime People" on this DVD are so crisp and sharp that the movies look better than they are. Kudos to VCI Entertainment for either finding excellent source material or for doing some good restoration. The plots aren't bad, either. Both movies are logically consistent based on their initial premises (the same can't be said for many modern films). The sound tracks are also fine. The dialogue is clear and precise, and the unobtrusive music doesn't drown out the actors' voices. Included on the DVD are two trailers and a 55-minute audio-only interview with actress Susan Hart by sci-fi film expert Tom Weaver that provides fascinating details and remembrances about making "The Slime People." How rare is it for a cheap DVD such as this one to have decent special features?

I really enjoy discovering old sci-fi movies that I've never seen before. Some of them, like "Beyond the Time Barrier," are so bad that I watch them once and then donate them to the library. Others I hang onto because I'm sure I'll want to watch them again in the future. "Creepy Creature Double Feature Vol. 2" is one of the latter, and it has a permanent place on my media shelf. My five-star review is not for the movies themselves, of course. Rather, it reflects the fact that you get these two pretty-good films in a quality DVD package for a mere pittance. Overall, it's definitely a five-star value.

5.0 out of 5 stars What is creepy, crawly and slimy and a WHOLE lot of fun for under ten bucks? This gem from VCI!, May 2, 2013
CREEPY CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE. VOLUME 2
THE CRAWLING HAND/SLIME PEOPLE
Here we have two very good transfers of 2 very guilty pleasures. Again VCI goes all the way with stuff one would not think deserving of the lavish release that this certainly is.
The highlight for me was the conversation with Roger Corman and `50s top guru of the genre, Tom Weaver. Tom has been interviewing people since forever, it seems, and he knows exactly how and what to ask his interviewee in order to get all the facts down for the history books. His conversation here with Susan Hart is a perfect example of a "Weaver-talk" that comes off absolutely cozy and informative.
Thank you VCI! I only wish that ALL vintage Horror-Sci Fi-Fantasy films could have the coverage that these two admittedly minor but schlockingly fun films are given here. There are a handful of commentators who are worth the purchase of a DVD no matter what film is contained therein. Mr. Weaver is right at the top of these select few. Please, VCI, keep this guy busy!
Also see Creepy Creature Double Feature Vol. 1 with THE MONSTER FROM THE OCEAN FLOOR and SERPENT ISLAND. The same excellence (and Mr. Weaver) is there also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Creepy Creature 2, April 20, 2013
This review is from: Creepy Creature 2 (DVD)
These movies were made in 1963 but both have that fifties feel that I like. Enjoyed Peter Breck and Alan Hale was good as
the sheriff. "The Bird's the Word" made great background music.
The creatures in The Slime People were good for a laugh. The love storylines were a little silly, but I enjoyed this movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheesy fun., April 13, 2013
This review is from: Creepy Creature 2 (DVD)
I bought this because of "The Slime People," which I haven't seen in years. TSP gave me a righteous case of the creeps when I was four years old, and I never forgot it. In the last few years, it's been a rare movie, save for a really cruddy upload on YouTube, which is an episode of MST3K.
If anything, "The Crawling Hand" is even sillier, and, to my taste, not as much fun as "The Slime People" because it's so talky. Good, but not great.
Good price and good print for both films. No nonsense entertainment.

4.0 out of 5 stars another oldie, May 28, 2013
This review is from: Creepy Creature 2 (DVD)
Great fan of the 1950 Sci Fi movies. When you get these bundles you almost always get one you never heard of. I was not disappointed. Turn out the lights and get some popcorn

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun 50's flicks, July 29, 2014
This review is from: Creepy Creature 2 (DVD)
Fun 50's & 60's SciFi flicks. A fun trip back in time to an age of relative scientific & technological ignorance in SciFi movie making. The pace of the movie was based upon then attention spans, the acting pretty standard for B films of that era and the "special effects" primitive to say the least. But as a window on SciFi entertainment and social standards of the time a fine example.

4.0 out of 5 stars but we REALLY enjoyed it! To become one of our"cult classics", July 12, 2014
This review is from: Creepy Creature 2 (DVD)
The Slime People was one of the funniest sci-fi movies I ever saw! The costumes were silly, the acting dramatic, and the ending even funnier...but we REALLY enjoyed it! To become one of our"cult classics"! The other movie was okay but not as funny!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 classics, November 14, 2013
This review is from: Creepy Creature 2 (DVD)
love these cheesy 1950's movies. both movies have great transfers.while not to every taste, if you are of an age you will remember these movies from late night uhf tv. might have had only 6 channels back then, at least they put on a movie. no such thing as infomercials then.

4.0 out of 5 stars VCI!!!!!, October 4, 2013
This review is from: Creepy Creature 2 (DVD)
This DVD from VCI overall has pretty good audio/video. Crawling Hand has a Medallion TV card over the first few seconds of the film. Otherwise, I noticed the picture to be a little unstable in 1-2 spots. VCI seems to have a problem with layer changes. About 10 minutes into Slime People, the layer change was VERY noticeable. Slime People is listed as being made in full screen. The case says the features are widescreen. I'm not sure, but it looks like fake widescreen(which is unacceptable)to me. Other than that, there are 2 trailers and an excellent interview.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the old movies, August 31, 2013
This review is from: Creepy Creature 2 (DVD)
We like this movie because we enjoy watching the older movies. The Creepy Creature 2 is a great quality DVD for the time that it was filmed

Creepy Creature 2
Creepy Creature 2 by Herbert L. Strock (DVD - 2013)
$19.93 $12.43