5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Pattern!
Published on June 21, 2009 by Meagan Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute pants, poor instructions
I am a fairly experienced seamstress, though haven't really done much with actual patterns (usually I just create my own things.)
Published on December 10, 2009 by E. E. Willingham

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Pattern!, June 21, 2009
This review is from: Crescent Moon Yoga Pants Pattern
I have been cloth diapering for 2 years, and currently have two in cloth. I have tried many types of patterns, both free and purchased, for fleece soakers and pants. This is BY FAR my favorite. I love that all the sizes are clearly included in one pattern, so I can make these pants for both of my children. I personally have some with the moon booty and some without. I also have altered it for board shorties, added cuffs on the legs, and put an internal soaker inside, by making an additional pair of shorts and attaching it to the pants by the waistband with wrong sides together. These fit both of my children (a girl and boy) wonderfully, and the pattern was an excellent value with nice instructions. I have also emailed the pattern creator for additional questions and recommendations on another pattern she made, and she is most pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend this pattern!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love The booty!, October 9, 2008
This review is from: Crescent Moon Yoga Pants Pattern
I just love this pattern. These pants are super easy to make and fit my baby perfectly. I make hers with the booty for over her cloth diapers, and I made a pair without the booty for my sposie diapered neice as a new baby gift. just love them!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute pants, poor instructions, December 10, 2009
This review is from: Crescent Moon Yoga Pants Pattern
That said, the instructions for these pants were flat-out hard to follow. I had to re-read each step, as the wording was not always clear. When it came time to attach the waistband to the pants, I literally tossed the instructions aside and figured out how to do it myself. I was so frustrated by the poor details in the pamphlet! I still don't know if the waistband looks the way the pattern calls for, but I think it looks ok.
For the amount of money I spent on this pattern, I would have very much appreciated clearer, more detailed instructions and better illustrations or actual photographs of the individual steps instead of the crudely-drawn line drawings. The pattern itself does make a cute pair of pants, and I would rate that part 5 stars. But those instructions really left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good design; perplexing directions, November 10, 2008
This review is from: Crescent Moon Yoga Pants Pattern
I am posting this review after helping a friend with this pattern. It is a well-drafted, well-written pattern. I do think, however, that the directions for cutting out the pattern are unnecessarily confusing. The pattern piece for the main pant tells you to "cut one piece printed side up, cut one piece printed side down." I'm not sure why the designer thought it necessary to add an extra step. All you need to do is fold the fabric right sides together and cut out two pieces at once (as most patterns have you do). The added bonus is that you don't even need to move the pieces after cutting--the first step has you sew them just as they are.

It's not a huge deal, of course, but I think for a beginning sewer (who I do believe is the target audience) this could be unnecessarily confusing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Easy, October 9, 2009
This review is from: Crescent Moon Yoga Pants Pattern
The pattern is very well done. The only thing I would change is to list the seam allowance in the sewing directions. I wasted several minutes hunting for it. Other than that, the pattern is easy, versatile, and it covers a *huge* range of sizes. I made pants for my newborn, my two-year-old, and my almost five year old. (I had to make them a little longer for my oldest, but they fit perfectly around the waist.) The sewing was incredibly quick and easy. I used my serger, and they came out perfectly. You could also easily use a sewing machine. If you do the pants w/o the booty addition, you are literally sewing four seams!! There is only one extra piece and one extra seam with the booty insert. You won't believe how quickly these come together. My kids think they are super comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars The cutest baby pants!!, November 1, 2008
This review is from: Crescent Moon Yoga Pants Pattern
This pattern is so easy to sew and makes the cutest pants for babies and toddlers! Easy to follow instructions and I like the fact that the pattern is not printed on filmy paper that most commercial patterns are on. It's on regular paper like a Kwik Sew pattern so it is easy to trace each size and not worry about tearing the original. These pants look so cute on my toddler--everyone comments on them!

5.0 out of 5 stars CMYP are Perfect!, October 10, 2008
This review is from: Crescent Moon Yoga Pants Pattern
This pattern is expertly drafted and the directions are very easy to follow! The optional crescent moon booty allows ample room for cloth diapers and serves as an excellent canvas for embellishment. The fitting is straight forward and the pattern lends itself to simple modifications (from lean and lanky to chubby monkey bellies). A wonderful wardrobe staple for any tot!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Pattern!!!, October 10, 2008
This review is from: Crescent Moon Yoga Pants Pattern
I would have given it 10 stars... but that wasn't an option! I just LOVE this pattern! I just can't say enough about it! I am sure that anyone who tries it out will love it. My little princess has several pairs with the booty for over her cloth diapers! The pants are super duper cute and very versatile and can be worn for going out, or for bed time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!, January 10, 2013
This review is from: Crescent Moon Yoga Pants Pattern
Love this pattern as a diaper cover! I have friends asking me to make them for their kiddos as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pattern!, November 30, 2011
This review is from: Crescent Moon Yoga Pants Pattern
I bought the pdf version of this pattern in a size medium (how cool that they sell the sizes a la carte now?!) and love it! My daughter is only 4 months, but she is 18 lbs, 20" waist, and 15" rise. The mediums were a bit too roomy on her, but she will be able to wear them for a long time. I double hemmed them so that as she grows I can let a little down. This is a very easy to sew pattern, but I do agree that the instructions are a little confusing. Just read them over a few times and pay attention to how it looks as you put it together. I sewed mine with the crescent booty and love the extra roominess for her cloth diapers. I cant wait to sew up the Xl for my skinny 5yo!

EDIT: I sewed the XL for my son when he was 5. He is now 6 and can still fit into them. He is skinny (only 47 lbs). They are comfortably loose on him (not baggy). Im not good at expanding patterns, so I personally wouldnt use this pattern for him if he werent skinny. I did it without the booty panel.

ARRAY(0xa056b3b4)