4.0 out of 5 stars Good Supplement to Whiten Teeth
Published 5 months ago by Drew

~ ~ UPDATED AFTER 4 DAYS OF USE:
Published 16 months ago by CougarPride

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Supplement to Whiten Teeth, March 7, 2014
This review is from: Crest 3D White Vivid Anticavity Teeth Whitening Radiant Mint Toothpaste 5.8oz, Twin Pack (Health and Beauty)
Crest 3D White has been a very effective part of my overall Whitening strategy, but is not my only tool to get whiter teeth. The toothpaste alone will get your teeth a little whiter, but won't get you all. I use this product in cycles, basically in-between my other whitening regimen. This means I brush with this at night 3 days in a row, then stop using this product for 3 days, then start again. I do this for 2 weeks straight until my teeth are to my desired whiteness level, and then stop using the product completely until my teeth start to go down from what I want.

During the days that I do not use this product, I use This whitening gel. If any of you are using this product, or similar whitening products, you'll know how powerful they are, and know why it's not good to use the toothpaste and the gel at the same time. The toothpaste itself has abrasives so it's only good to use as a supplement to true teeth whitening systems like the one I linked.

Both products supplement each other very well, and the aforementioned cautions aside, using Crest 3D White toothpaste along with the whitening gel has made my teeth very (movie-star) white. You just need to make sure to cycle the use of both products otherwise your teeth will get very sensitive!!!

Hopefully this review helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - a whitening toothpaste that actually works and tastes great. Good job Crest!, August 27, 2012
I am a big coffee drinker and my teeth suffer terribly for it. I have tried a lot of toothpaste's and even pointless (and painful) whitening treatments that claimed to work, but didn't.

This was suggested by my dentist. Well, his main suggestion was for me to stop drinking so much coffee but that's not happening.

I gave it four weeks and even though I STILL drink coffee, my teeth actually look white!
How this is done, I have no idea. Going with magic here folks. My teeth don't hurt after using this product and it's gentle enough to use multiple times on a daily basis.

The flavor is awesome as well. It actually tastes like a sweet, minty hard candy.

My only issue with this toothpaste is the high cost.

Disclaimer: I brush my teeth three times a day. In the morning, at work after my three cups of coffee and lunch, and in the evening before bed. After about two weeks of consistent brushing, I saw an improvement. After four weeks, I can't believe how white my teeth look.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought this @ Target- Whiter after 1st use-- UPDATED- USE WITH CAUTION!, April 13, 2013
~ ~ UPDATED AFTER 4 DAYS OF USE:
I have used this 3D White toothpaste for 4 days in a row and also did some research. PLEASE USE THIS PASTE WITH CAUTION. I have found the Journal of Clinical Dentistry and L.A. Times have done a clinical study (in 2011) on the abrasiveness of this 3D White toothpaste along with 25 other name brand whitening toothpaste (google 'The Healthy Skeptic Whitening toothpastes a bright idea?' for the article) The study have found that this 3D White toothpaste has a RDA (Relative Dentin Abrasion) of above 200 which is considered to be 'potentially damaging to dentin' (dentin is the layer beneath your enamel). Normal regular toothpaste has RDA of well below 100.

My advice is to use this toothpaste for about a few days (like I have) and then only use it every 2 days interval or perhaps only use 3D White on special occasions. All other times, use a regular toothpaste with ADA (American Dental Association) seal. I would also like to note that this 3D White toothpaste does NOT have any bleaching effects like the white strips do since the toothpaste only use the 'abrasives' to 'polish' out the stains.

Again, please use it with caution and avoid using it 24/7. I wanted to share this review since I think many like me is worry about this kind of stuff. Once you have damage to your enamel or dentin, you will never get them back!

thank you for reading. if you felt this review is helpful, it would be nice have comments below. :)

---------------------------------------------------------
I have yellow tinted teeth and am neither a smoker or coffee drinker. I had gotten some minor stains from the Crest Alcohol-free mouthwash but that's a different story. So I got this 3D White toothpaste. This toothpaste really works in whitening! Well so far, I have just finished 1 brushing, and my teeth got noticeably whiter and a little bit shinier (may due to the polishing ingredient- see label on the box). I have read some reviews saying that this may cause gum sensitivities and it indeed did to me but in a very very minor extent. Before using this toothpaste, I used the Crest Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda toothpaste which has the 'burn feeling' a lot more than this 3D White toothpaste. The cap is very flimsy as mentioned in other reviews. I will update this when I use this more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I Have Used....Good Deal Here, August 15, 2012
Crest 3D is far from my first foray into a whitening toothpaste. I have tried several kinds in the past including ones from Colgate, Toms, and even other Crests brands. I have to confess that to a degree all of them have been successful in whitening my teeth. But since using a toothpaste to brighten ones smile is by far the easiest way to a regular whitening program, I have always enjoyed trying new brands. I picked up this Crest 3D about month ago locally. Not only is it the best whitening paste I have ever tried, but I also like the tube itself. It has a wide flat cap on it so its easy to store conveniently on end, and the paste itself is very fluid, thus it flows well and is easy to cover the brush with, sparing us much of the usual mess. But where this stuff really takes off is in its performance. It just flat out works very well in whitening ones teeth with regular use. I saw a considerable difference in just one week, and continue to see further brightening a month down the road with it. This toothpaste taste just fine, (though a little strong till you get used to it), and I have felt no irritation of the gums with it whatsoever.

Any Crest brand of toothpaste is easy to find locally for most. But if you enjoy ordering from the comfort of your own home, or just need a little something more to qualify for free shipping, I highly recommend this two pack here on Amazon. I paid more than half of the current price for one tube locally, and that was without the convenience of it being shipped to my home. Great toothpaste and a solid deal here. Highly recommended... : )

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Toothpaste I have ever used. Noticeable Whitening Results! DENTIST APPROVED!*****, December 29, 2012
Jimmy Kim (United States) - See all my reviews
I try new toothpastes in an attempt to find the right one to marry. For years this has been futile.
A lot of toothpastes are either too chalky, too strong, or just don't deliver what is written on the front credentials.

CREST 3D WHITE VIVID is a GAME CHANGER.
After only a week's worth of brushing I can see HUGE changes in my teeth and how much they gleam.
On Amazon the 2 pack is even better and cheaper than buying it retail anywhere else.

5/5 Star Purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't usually do this UNLESS it's NECESSARY, December 20, 2012
I must share with the world how AMAZING this toothpaste is. I used it for a year now and honestly I can't brush with anything else now. It definitely whitens your teeth and gives you a clean fresh mouth feeling. I had to stay at a family members house and actually regret not bring my toothpaste, because what they had just didn't cut it. After you have tried the best there is not going back. PLEASE IF YOU WONDER TO BUY THIS...DO IT! You will not be sorry...it's a great toothpaste. It must be good ...look at me I'm writing a review about a TOOTHPASTE...it's just that good! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Basically poison, November 24, 2013
R. Noack (Somerville, MA) - See all my reviews
I had been using this toothpaste for awhile and started getting cuts and tears in my gums. At first I thought I bit my gums in my sleep or something and that it just wasn't healing. Then I thought maybe it was from something else, or I had a vitamin deficiency... I started taking a multivitamin and it seemed to be getting better, but then it came back again - the same cuts in my gums... So then I started thinking about what had changed recently... and I realized it could be the toothpaste. I did a search online and found a lot of people complaining about allergic reactions to this toothpaste.... so I decided to stop using it. Within 16 hours the cuts in my gums have become noticeably better and my whole mouth just feels less irritated. I can't believe it. I would NOT recommend this toothpaste to anyone! I understand it is an allergic reaction of some sort (not sure to what), but with so many reports of this, and with so many other toothpastes to choose from... why would you risk that?? Plus even if it doesn't irritate you immediately, who knows what else those chemicals are doing, what if you accidentally swallowed some and it irritates elsewhere? Anyway... I'm done with this stuff! No thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it, March 15, 2013
I like this Crest 3d White Vivid Anticavity Teeth Whitening Radiant Mint Toothpaste. I have brought twice and will buy more.

4.0 out of 5 stars noticable brighter teeth, December 12, 2012
Being a senior in years, non smoker, seldom drinks coffee but became concerned about the
dullness and discoloration of my teeth.
My daughter has beautiful white teeth, so I asked her for her toothpaste brand. .....
This is it, Crest 3D line!
After a few weeks I noticed a remarkable improvement in brightness. I will continue to use Crest 3D products and would recommend this product to anyone who would like whiter looking teeth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 2, 2013
I've actually been using this product for the past few weeks and I love it. It really does whiten your teeth at first I thought it was another gimmick, but its the real deal. I brush my teeth in the morning and night and pair this up with rembrandt deeply white whitening mouthwash, my teeth are finally beautiful and white and I'm not afraid to smile. I would recommend this!

Rate and Discover Movies