5.0 out of 5 stars Only whitening rinse without alcohol
At least, it is the only one that I could easily FIND without alcohol - I do live in a smaller town so our range of products may be limited. For many people, it is critical that a mouthwash not contain alcohol, as that substance is absorbed on the tongue, thus gets into the system even without swallowing.

I can smell/taste the hydrogen peroxide after use...
Published on July 28, 2011 by nonpareil

3.0 out of 5 stars My mouth feels clean, but Vanna I'm not
Published 9 months ago by JR-azon

5.0 out of 5 stars Only whitening rinse without alcohol, July 28, 2011
nonpareil (rural New England, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Crest 3D White Glamorous White Multi-Care Whitening Fresh Mint Flavor Mouthwash 32 fl. Oz., Pack of 3 (packaging may vary) (Health and Beauty)

I can smell/taste the hydrogen peroxide after use. Apparently the gasses travel from the mouth to the nasal cavity, which if I recall my anatomy training correctly, is logical. I am willing to put up with that if the bleaching action works because I am unhappy with the appearance of my teeth and unwilling to give up various foods that stain them. I am also thinking that I will use this mouthwash for a period of time, then return to my regular one. And plan to keep swapping off.

I have not (yet) noticed any of the adverse reactions reported by other users. However, I do feel the same sensations caused by the Crest Pro-Health "multi-protection" rinse I had been using prior, which is to say that a tingling is produced that some might even call pain. Because I've been using a mouthwash right along, I've come to expect this sensation and associate it with my mouth getting cleaner, bacteria being killed.

The bottom line is that my teeth are becoming whiter over several weeks. My marker is one capped incisor that unfortunately matched my teeth 'way back when and now is far too white, creating a telltale contrast. I think my aging teeth are simply becoming translucent and I'm not sure anything can correct that. But with this whitening rinse, they definitely are better.

UPDATE, Nov. 4, 2011: I want to report that I have been using this product daily for 5 months now without any of the gum-pain, bleeding or tooth sensitivity problems reported by other users. Apparently these are problems for some but not for others. I want to be clear that I don't doubt the reports of others; I am simply stating that with long-term use, I have not experienced these negative results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, and I abuse my teeth..., December 2, 2011
So, other than brushing regularly, which I learned after a very painful root canal experience (it wasn't the procedure that hurt, but the events necessitating the procedure, that were torture), I'm pretty much brutal on my teeth. I have dipped Copenhagen long cut for the better part of ten years, usually a 1/4 to a whole can a day. I know. Judge me if you like. BUT! What I do is ALWAYS rinse my mouth out afterwards. I also drink a lot of coffee and smoke cigarettes fairly regularly. Now that you view me as white trash, I'll say this: my dentist told me that for as "much as you dip and drink coffee, your teeth and gums are darn near perfect." When he pokes and prods, I feel no pain in the gums. I attribute it to this rinse and others. My teeth don't look like a smoker's, and they're not dingy looking. They're pretty nice teeth, so Crest 3D white has been my counterbalance of choice for my terrible habits. Been using it for over a year, and I couldn't be happier with the results. I'm like that one guy: I see mouth tingling or pain as progress, bacteria being killed. I love this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it with reservations, April 16, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a regular cola, coffee and tea drinker, I definitely don't expect miracles with a product like this. Here's what I've found:

1-It seems to help maintain my teeth against the onslaught of staining drinks I consume, but not necessarily whiten them.

2-The flavor is a 1000x better than harsh, alcohol based mouthwashes. It is mild and pleasant.

3-The foaminess caused by the peroxide is a little unpleasant to me. Having that frothy feeling in my mouth *almost* triggers a gag reflex. (don't even think about touching that comment, trolls!)

Overall, a good product that seems best used in conjunction with Crest's other whitening products if whiter teeth are what you're really after. It is a good alternative to alcohol based mouthwash for those who are looking for one.

3.0 out of 5 stars My mouth feels clean, but Vanna I'm not, May 23, 2014
"Glamorous" white... ehhh. Hollywood's not calling me to be an actor or model yet. I've been using the stuff once a day for about 6 months now. It's good enough for mouthwash, but i have not seen any great improvement with whitening. Maybe I should read the bottle more closely. Maybe you're supposed to do it 3 times a day. But if you're like me and wash once a day, dont expect for the phone to ring and have folks clamoring for you to be on the cover of their magazine cause you got pearly whites!

5.0 out of 5 stars Whitens teeth, August 11, 2013
Roberta "willing2try" (BOWIE, MD, United States) - See all my reviews
This product does help whiten teeth. I drink a lot of coffee and find that even with 2x yearly dental visits, my teeth stain easily. After using this product, I noticed a visible difference vs when using another brand. This is the only brand that I use now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, July 1, 2013
I have been using this mouthwash for the past two years. My teeth are looking whiter than ever. I think it really works. However it's not as fast as visiting the dental office and getting a teeth whitening treatment. It does take time but over a period of time it will slowly make your teeth whiter. It does freshen up your breath as well and I noticed that it does not sting as much. Again perfect product at a cheap price from Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars fine as a mouthwash, but not a magic whitener, February 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm an avid flosser and I brush my teeth more time a day than I care to admit, but one thing I've always stayed away from was mouthwash. It's always grossed me out and left a very unpleasant feeling and taste in my mouth. However, as I get older, and have developed an obsession of drinking tea all day, I'm getting more and more concerned about how bright my teeth are. So I thought I'd add this mouthwash to my regimen to see if I could brighten my teeth a bit and fight off any stains that the tea might leave.

The rinse is okay- I mean, it's still mouthwash. It's not pleasant. But it's certainly not as bad as others that I have tried. It freshens the breath and makes my mouth feel tingly, which is actually kinda nice.

But I haven't really noticed a huge brightness boost from using it. All these products do say "brings out the natural bright color of your teeth" so I guess that means that if your teeth aren't that bright to begin with, these products really can't do much for you. But I know people who get fabulous results from the 3d products, so I'm willing to use the rinse for a few more weeks to see if there's any noticeable improvement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid This Product!!!, January 6, 2015
If there is an option for "zero star", I'd like to choose that option. After using this product, in side of my mouth started to have blood blisters. I thought it was cancer at first, but i noticed that i got a few of blood blisters after every time i used this mouth wash. Avoid this product!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars White Out, April 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The crest whitening products boast a whiter smile in seven days. I decided to use Crest Whitening Mouthwash in conjunction with the Crest Pro-Health Whitening Toothpaste. I like the idea whitening my smile while doing something I do every day anyway.

This stuff is disgusting. It's not that the taste is so gross; it's that the aftertaste is gross. The flavor it leaves behind in your mouth is unbearable. I have used a variety of mouthwashes; I usually use Listerine or Scope. I generally enjoy the minty fresh taste that mouthwash leaves behind. That's not the case with this mouth wash. About 3 seconds after you spit, the taste will REALLY hit you. You'll be rushing for the water faucet. It's actually takes a good bit of effort to gargle for the required 60 seconds.

To my total shock, my teeth were whiter after ten days. (see photo) IF, however, this stuff wouldn't have worked, it would be going directly down the drain.

Works great, but minus one for taste.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Not the safest product for ME., June 27, 2013
I wanted to like this whitening rinse. I really did. I even endured to the very end of the first bottle, using it as prescribed: 3 fl oz twice a day and spit after 60 seconds. But I knew something was really wrong when I kept finding shredded gum in my mouth every morning and brushing my teeth began to hurt my gums. My tongue also started giving me a burning sensation while my mouth broke out into canker sores in different areas two weeks ago. I finally conceded defeat when the burning sensation on my tongue hurt so much after yesterday morning's rinse that tears rolled down my cheeks after I spit (FWIW, I have a VERY high pain threshold).

I did not use this last night and this morning. What do you know? My gums and tongue actually feel LESS sore already. I could even drink my hot coffee earlier without wincing.

The only reason why the Crest 3D White Glamorous White Rinse still gets two stars from me instead of one is simple: my teeth actually did get whiter after the first bottle. YMMV.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jul 30, 2013 7:35:42 AM PDT
I'm sorry to hear about this. When you have a minute, call us at 1-800-395-8423, Mon - Fri., 9am - 6pm EST so we can learn more about your experience with this Crest product. We'd love to hear from you.