Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on June 24, 2013
First off, this toothpaste has amazing results. I started off white yellow stained teeth from coffee and tea, but after just a week, you can't tell they were ever stained. I loved it. After about two weeks of using it, my back teeth started getting extremely sensitive (they never have been before). I can't even drink almost lukewarm water without them hurting. So it's great results, but it made my teeth extremely sensitive. I don't think I can use it anymore
66 comments78 of 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2015
Like many people, I was concerned about the plastic ‘micro-beads’ in this toothpaste, once I found out that indeed it was being used in this product. Why on Earth would someone think that was a good idea!?

I’m happy to report a few thing here:

1) Crest has said that by March 2016, all of their Crest products will have completely phased on the use of these Microbeads. Although they are FDA approved, consumers do NOT like the idea of plastic getting into their system, or the environment, so this is a great move.

2) The beads were used a ‘scrubbing’ agent, to help your teeth get more white. The truth of the matter is, you’re not going to get super white teeth through brushing alone, no matter how many beads, or other reagents are put into your toothpaste.

If you really want white teeth, the best way to go is to either go to the dentist (be prepared to spend around $200 for the treatment) or get an equivalent at-home treatment, like this professional kit. This is by far the closest kit I’ve tried that matches a dentist’s level of whitening (because of the trays and the LED light), and it worked for me within 2 treatments. You could also try Crest’s whitening kit, but I personally did not have luck with it because the strips did not form a great seal around my mouth and left some gaps where my teeth didn’t get whitened.

Lastly, Crest isn’t the only cul¬prit for the use of micro-beads, in fact they were commonly used in a lot of facial scrubs by some of the largest beauty brands. These big companies wouldn’t be using them if they were unsafe, but if you want to be on the safe side look at the ingredients to find something you’re comfortable with.

Buy a brand like Tom’s if you want to get really natural. But if your goal in buying this toothpaste is to seriously whiten your teeth, take the next step and get a whitening kit. They are far cheaper than dentist kits, just as safe and will do the trick far better than any toothpaste can. Whitening toothpaste is more of a preventative, meaning, it will keep your teeth white if they already are, and slowly (very slowly) whiten over the course of months. No quick fix for whiter teeth unless you use a kit.

Anyway, that’s the low-down on this product, I hope it helps you make an informed decision.
0Comment69 of 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2014
my teeth shine like stars on a clear night. my mother in law wants to trade teeth, i told her helllllll no.
0Comment56 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2014
I've loved all of the Crest 3D White toothpastes ever since they have started coming out many years ago. I've tried other name brands to attempt to save a little money but I have always come back to Crest. No other toothpaste has made my mouth feel so clean, fresh and bright! The Luxe Glamorous was no exception to this this rule, but I ran in to a big issue with it. Shortly after switching to this Crest 3D line I was finding that my teeth started to have a blue tint to them. As I am psychotic about keeping healthy teeth this freaked me out. It almost looked as if my teeth were dying (the grayish, blue tint) or as if my gums were receding and veins were starting to show. The blue would usually appear when some time had passed since my last brushing. It was most prominent in the morning when I first woke up. Sometimes I could scrape it off of my teeth, but sometimes it just disappeared in to my gums while trying. It continued to get worse and worse until I couldn't take it anymore and researched what it was. I had no idea that it could be occurring from my toothpaste - but that's exactly what it was. I actually found endless articles about the use of polyethylene microbeads in toothpaste - Crest being a huge contributor to it's use. Although the use of the plastic is FDA approved, it can trap bacterias in your gums and lead to other mouth problems/diseases.

I immediately stopped using this toothpaste and went back to the 3D Luxe Brilliant. Within a week all of the blue particles had disappeared from my teeth and gums. All of the 3D line of toothpastes use polyethylene but I only had a reaction and residue while using the Luxe Glamorous White.

The good news is P&G (manufacturer of Crest) has decided to remove the plastic from all of their toothpastes within the next 6 months - but a firm deadline of 2016.

In the mean time, I would go with a different Crest 3D product until you see the ingredient removed from the box.
11 comment66 of 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2014
My teeth are noticeably cleaner and whiter when I use this toothpaste. I cannot even use the Crest 80% whiter. I have to have this one….the 90% of surface stains removed. There is a marked difference in the two products.
on January 28, 2014
You can see a difference with just one use. 2 weeks later, you can really see a difference, they do tend to make my teeth much too sensitive.
0Comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2013
This toothpaste really whitens in just a few days! I was skepticle at first but WOW, what a difference. Very happy and would recomend.
on August 17, 2013
This is by far my favorite tooth paste! It definitely helps with the whitening and using their whitening mouthwash along with it helps with that. I love that it foams up and leave a really clean feeling in my mouth after using it.
on February 4, 2015
I am shocked that P&G ever considered using plastic in its toothpaste. We've all hear of the health dangers posed by ingesting plastic. Now we find that we've been doing so twice a day when we brush our teeth. And it's not just this one. There is a boatload of Crest toothpastes doing this. I've pulled the list from Dentalbuzz and pasted below. I hear that P&G has now recognized the issue, although they admit no wrong - chalking it up to a change in customer preferences (ya think?) and will be removing the plastic as soon as alternatives become available. Not good enough. They should be removing the plastic from their toothpastes RIGHT NOW. I know I'm done with Crest regardless. Any company moronic enough to put plastic in an ingested product, leave it there even when evidence of the health issues surrounding the subject becomes evident, and then remove it slowly only because they were pushed to do so, does not deserve the business.

Crest 3D White Radiant Mint
• Crest Be Dynamic Lime Spearmint Zest
• Crest Be Inspired Vanilla Mint Spark
• Crest Pro-Health Healthy Fresh
• Crest Pro-Health Smooth Mint
22 comments23 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2014
Don't expect this to "whiten" your teeth anytime soon. However it does give you an instant "shine" or "gloss," which might be bad for someone with really really stained teeth by making them more noticeable.
0Comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse