Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 9-Quart Round French Oven, Red
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Three years ago, I ordered one of these beauties because I noticed that each and every host on the Food Network, from Martha to Mario was using this pot. I didn't know Le Creuset from Adam, and I thought the height of culinary sophistication was my eight quart Calphalon anodized aluminum Dutch oven. I even went so far in thinking that the TV guys were using this pot because it was white on the inside, so it was easy for the camera to see what was going on.

Boy, was I wrong. Ever since I got this pup, I have used it for every soup, every braise, every stew, and every pot roast I have made since. At about the same time I got an oval shaped pot and a similar sized pot shaped primarily for making soups. All three are about the same size and weight. I never use the other two except when I have something which is a lot longer than it is wide.

The heat management is flawless, it is easy to clean, and it is tolerant of too much heat.

As other reviewers have noted, it is a bit heavy, so if you commonly have problems with heavy cookware, consider a smaller one or my retired aluminum pot.

Very highly recommended for both gas and electricity.
on February 27, 2006
My husband and I recently tried a Coq au Vin recipe from the newspaper (as aspiring "foodies", we've been watching cooking shows on PBS and this sounded like an adventure), and I realized we didn't have a Dutch oven, anything that could go from stovetop to oven. My oval roaster does a great job on roasts, but seemed too thin to fry bacon on the stovetop as the recipe called for. After doing research on the web, looking at cookware on the cooking shows and in stores, Le Creuset seemed to be the best quality, as well as the nicest looking, especially the red. For now the 9 qt is a good size for us, big enough to cook alot at a time to make plenty of leftovers, yet not too big to handle (getting it in and out of the kitchen cabinet, washing in the sink, etc. The lid is especially heavy!). The cost was more than I originally wanted to spend, but this seemed like a good investment for cooking anything stovetop, oven, or both. We initiated the pot by making beef stew, which turned out to be quite good, and plenty for the two of us for quite a few meals. Even though there was no stovetop-to-oven capability required, the Le Creuset was still fun to use, and looked pretty sitting on the stove. Cleanup was very easy, no sticking or residue to scrub off as on my roasting pan. We're very happy with our French Dutch oven and look forward to using it for future cooking adventures!
on September 11, 2007
I hate to look back on the days when I didn't own this 9 quart Le Creuset. It's opened up a whole new world in cooking. The first time we used it, we prepared a recipe for chicken cacciatore from Cooks Illustrated (America's Test Kitchen on PBS). It made me feel as though I was ripped off by every restaurant that I had ordered that dish from. We now seek out recipes that call for a french oven. The 9 quart is the perfect size to cook for 6 persons, or even two if you want left overs to bring to work the next day. Now we've become Le Creuset slobs and have the wide 5 quart (it's the shallow of the two 5 quart rounds) that we use for risotto. They say that it was designed for risotto. We also have a 2 quart that we rarely use because of the fact that we want left overs, but it works great for rice, and I mean GREAT. Now we're hemmin and hawin over the 10 1/4 inch cast skillet in carribean blue. We've read so many incredible things about it. Let it be known for anyone that's worried about the heat limitations for the lid knob when used in the oven. Le Creuset just introduced a stainless steel lid knob that can be used for any heat. They put no limitations on the temperature that it can withsatnd, therefore making it better than any other cast iron enamelized french oven. It comes with the screw, and it looks very nice.
on December 8, 2004
Beware it's heavy but you'll keep it for your life and will pass it one to your kids ... Well that's what everybody says so let's hope that we'll take care of it and that it will happen.

We got it as a wedding gifts a couple of months ago and already used it many many times for anything from soup to beef stew to ratatouille.
on April 19, 2006
This is my favorite pot. I use it several times a week. Making soups and stews is almost mindless with the predictability of this pot. The heavy lid ensures flavors do not evaporate. This is THE pot for braising a roast, with a little red wine (of course)...or any slow cooking method. If you have never invested in high-end cookware you will be thrilled with this purchase. You will immediately notice an improvement in the quality of food you prepare. It is worth the money!
on May 16, 2014
The very best piece of large capacity cookware I have ever purchased. You can cook anything in it. Soups, stews, casseroles, braised dishes..... You name it. Heats perfectly and not difficult to clean. I made a complex gumbo and was able to do everything including the roux in this beauty. A must have for even a beginner chef. Buy it now and you will never regret it.
on December 6, 2012
We had a Martha Stewart pot simler to this one but it was recalled. This on filled the bill as a replacement and has a great reputation.
on September 23, 2005
Great product. Pan is extra heavy but very durable. My wife complained when I spent this much on a "pot", however she has used it several times now and likes it. It is a very versatile pot, expecially for one dish meals.
on April 19, 2015
We loved it so much we bought another one for a neighbor as a gift and he is a gourmet chef and uses it all the time.
on February 8, 2015
The best out there. I think today's model has larger handles. Watch if that's important to you.