Le Creuset dutch oven recipes It seems like many people love their Le Creuset dutch ovens but I can't seem to find a lot of cook books that have recipes using enameled dutch ovens. If I am lucky, I may find those bare cast iron recipes here or other websites.

It's September. I hope to get a hold of the books, so I can cook some hearty, delicious meals in the great pot.

Do you have trouble finding recipes that intend to use enameled cookware?
asked by SC on September 9, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
There is a great cookbook out for Dutch ovens called Glorious One-Pot Meals by Elizabeth Yarnell. Over 200 pages, soft cover book. No pictures, but the book is very well put together and some great recipes, all seperated by category. Seafood, vegan, chicken, vegetables, etc. If your looking for recipe ideas, check this book out :P
Nancy Zarnstorff answered on October 15, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you for your input.
I found a few Japanese cookbooks that intend for Le Creuset cast iron ovens. The recipes seem easy. It is Japanese cooking in the cast iron. Photos look fabuluous.
SC answered on October 1, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i'm sure you'll find many in "Mastering the Art of French Cooking," beef bourguignon for one!
Mackenzie B. answered on October 1, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
,Do you have any other information on this book . . . author, publisher, date.
CHLFALES answered on December 1, 2009

A
The Encyclopedia of Cajun and Creole Cuisine by Chef John Folse is one of the best cookbooks for cast-iron, period.
Don't let the name fool you, even if you don't like spicy Cajun food, peruse his website for recipes as they are plentiful and diverse. Folse is a world renowned Chef and head of the culinary institute at Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, Louisiana. You will soon buy every cookbook he has written.
Smith answered on November 22, 2010

A
Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol. 1 by Julia Child, et al.
Kay Shepherd answered on April 12, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product