Published on November 20, 2011 by imvho

3.0 out of 5 stars decent round brush - just beware of counterfeits
Published 11 months ago by Danielle

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like it would hopelessly snag in long hair but it DOESN'T! :-), November 20, 2011
I have collarbone-length straight hair - there is a lot of it but the individual strands are fairly fine. If I air-dry it, it's a little wavy and frizzy. So, every workday, it's a long session with a warm blow-dryer and up until a few years ago, a plastic vent brush. Every brush i'd ever tried that looked anything like this (with the profusion of porcupine-like little bristles) has been a nightmare; tangling and snarling (and painful, time-consuming un-snarling of my hair from the brush) and at the end, a headful of frizz for all my trouble.

But then a couple years ago I switched salons and the stylist used this brush when blowing out. I gave the brush such a look when she brought it out that she laughed and said, "I'll bet you're worried this will tangle, aren't you?"

I loved the smooth, sleek final result (and the fact it never caught in my hair) so much that I plunked down $22 for this brush that very day - the salon price.

Been using it nearly every single day for 2 years and still LOVE it. It gives a nice frizz-free finish, allows me to put curl on my ends without the dreaded, hair-killing, curling iron, and never EVER gets tangled in my hair. It's been dropped, chucked in suitcases, and suffered every sort of abuse and is still in pretty good shape, although sometimes the handle starts to work loose and I just have to push it back together. It's very easy to clean, too - the hair pulls out easily from the "tines", and any remaining stray strands are easily removed using the "pick" that's stowed in the handle.

I'm back online today to add the "330" model to my shopping bag. LOVE THIS BRUSH.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would give it 10 stars if I could!!, May 3, 2013
I love this brush! I have short, very, very, very fine hair - imagine baby hair that feels like duck feathers. This brush gives my hair volume plus smooths it. This is the first brush I have ever owned that makes it easy to style my hair. I feel like I just left the salon. The barrel really heats up which allows the the brush to set in a little wave and also adds tons of volume at the roots. The bristles really grab my hair so that my hair will curl around the barrel instead of just slipping through the bristles (most brushes don't have that kind of grab on fine, silky hair). Anyway, I can't say enough good things about this brush. I am going to order the 1.25" and 3/4" as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars decent round brush - just beware of counterfeits, February 28, 2014
I have thick, waist length, wavy hair. I bought the 1 1/2 inch for my bangs and I bought the 3 1/2 inch for the rest of my hair. I returned the 3 1/2 inch sold by "HairProducts" because it was a counterfeit. See the image I uploaded so you can be sure that you received a genuine Cricket round brush. I read a lot of reviews before buying something, and I'm glad, because another reviewer tipped me off on what to look for:

"After a few months of using this product, I noticed my hair felt fried. I went to my stylist and he noted the same thing. At first he told me to check the lint on my hair dryer and to turn down my flat iron. My hair was still frying. I took a closer look at my brush and realized it was a counterfeit! I have a salon bought 390 brush and it reads Anti-Microbial on the handle. This one reads Antibacterial. Not only that it says Centrix on the handle, NOT CRICKET. The font was also different. That said, buyer beware. I threw away the brush and my hair is already looking and feeling better." (This reviewer bought the 2 inch brush, so I have a feeling knock offs are fairly common).

So I received one genuine cricket brush that said "antimicrobial" on the handle, and one knockoff brush that said "CENTRIX" and "ANTIBACTERIAL" on the handle. Realize that anti-bacterial and anti-microbial are two completely different things. Imagine putting hand sanitizer on your hair then heating it up every day for months... think of how damaging that can be to your hair. I didn't bother re-ordering the 3 1/2 inch brush.

Overall: The genuine cricket brush I received is a decent round brush - it gets the job done. I have maybe five different size round brushes (all different brands), and I thought that this would be my favorite considering all the glowing reviews, but I can't say it's the best. :( It feels sort of cheap to me (the way it was packaged left some of the bristles bent). The bristles are pretty sharp. I have to be careful not to scratch my neck when using this brush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical hair brush, January 14, 2013
This brush has changed the way I view my hair. It's incredible. I bought the extra large 2 inch version.

I have wavy>curly just longer than shoulder length hair and blow drying it is the biggest pain on the planet. I used to spend 45+ minutes with my old round brush and blow dryer and eventually give up because my arms were too tired to continue. Then I would spend another 20-30 minutes with my flat iron to get out any kinks or wave that I missed.

With this brush, I only spend 20 minutes on my hair and it gets totally dry, my arms aren't tired, and I only use my flat iron for about 5 minutes to curl my bangs a little bit since the barrel is too large for that.

My hair doesn't get caught and pulled in the joint between the brush and the handle, it's so lightweight, the bristles don't melt and leave plastic behind. It basically solved all the issues I've ever had with a round brush. The bristles seem to be a good length to pick up the right amount of hair without tangling the hair underneath.

I might suggest going with the next size down if you want some more curl at the top of your head, like I do with my bangs, this brush makes everything lie pretty flat, which is great too. I'll probably buy both sizes eventually. I just wish it was little less expensive, but honestly it was so worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars GRABS AND DRIES!, November 2, 2007
I love this brush, it has a great hold capacity for bangs specially. I have really long hair so I use the larger one for the rest of the head. A feature that I appreciate is that hair does not get tangled up in it.

1.0 out of 5 stars XX-large Round, August 8, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, October 24, 2008
I purchased this brush as a replacement. I originally purchased 2 brushes in March and loved them, but one broke. Yesterday the one I gave my daughter also broke. So - the brush is great but they only lasted 3-6 months. They both broke off where the brush is attached to the base. I was really disappointed and will not purchse another one for my daughter. I wish I could contact the manufacturer and tell them the problem I have encountered.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent "Curling" Brush, March 5, 2011
I have used Technique brushes (sizes 310, 330, 350) for over a dozen years. During this time my hair length has ranged from shoulder-length down to mid-back - I have a very slight natural wave (not nice when air-dry) so my hair has some body (not bone straight and not curly). I love these brushes - the barrel heats up quickly and give my hair a nice curl while blowing dry. Also provides nice volume at the crown giving body & lift. Using the brush means I don't need the 2nd step of using a curling iron - and my hair holds the curl much better because it is curling from damp, versus dry. I also like that it comes with a little pick to pull hair out of the brush to keep it clean. Over the course of time, I have had brushes break (one (of eight?) where the handle & brush connect), and two where the top silver dome has fallen off after dropping (which doesn't affect the use of the brush). But to me that's just wear-and-tear from dropping, pulling the brush thru my hair, tossing them into my gym-bag, etc. I've tried ceramic brushes as a replacement but have not been satisfied and continue to come back to the Technique brand. I recently left my 330 at the gym and it never made it to the Lost & Found - so back to purchase another! I've rated it 4-stars for the previously mentioned breakage and that the rubber finger-grips peal over time (the course of a few years). I guess nothing is perfect but this is as close as I've found in a brush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best brush I own!, January 21, 2013
This brush is amazing! I use it in conjunction with a T3 hairdryer and it works great to get a perfect blowout. I currently have the 2 incher and I am going to buy 1 inch for bangs and touchups.

I have used chi and t3 brushes in the past but none of them work as well. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars beyond awesome, September 27, 2011
I have owned this brush for like ten years and it has never failed. it is the best brush i have ever used and have decided now that i need a new one not to replace my old but a smaller one. buy one and you will never regret it

Cricket Technique Barrel Hair Brush