5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like it would hopelessly snag in long hair but it DOESN'T! :-)
I have collarbone-length straight hair - there is a lot of it but the individual strands are fairly fine. If I air-dry it, it's a little wavy and frizzy. So, every workday, it's a long session with a warm blow-dryer and up until a few years ago, a plastic vent brush. Every brush i'd ever tried that looked anything like this (with the profusion of porcupine-like little...
Published on November 20, 2011 by imvho

3.0 out of 5 stars decent round brush - just beware of counterfeits
I have thick, waist length, wavy hair. I bought the 1 1/2 inch for my bangs and I bought the 3 1/2 inch for the rest of my hair. I returned the 3 1/2 inch sold by "HairProducts" because it was a counterfeit. See the image I uploaded so you can be sure that you received a genuine Cricket round brush. I read a lot of reviews before buying something, and I'm glad, because...
Published 12 months ago by Danielle

‹ Previous | 1 2 337 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought it, never used it., January 13, 2014
It states on the label that the brush is anti-static. Nothing could be further from the truth. It makes my hair more static-y than any brush I've ever used. I honestly bought it, tried to use it and never bothered with it since. It was too cheap to send back, so I didn't bother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought a 2nd brush to replace the first one..., March 4, 2013
I liked it well enough to buy a 2nd bush after hair product build up on the last one and I could no longer shampoo it off. Bristles really hold up to dryer heat and does not tangle in your hair...I just could not bring myself to throw the first brush away so tried placing it in the dishwasher to remove the hair product accumulation...and viola! good as new. I now leave it in my travel bag so don't have to worry about packing it the morning of travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible brush, October 20, 2013
The only round brush I'd used before was one I'd bought from Ulta (Olivia Garden ceramic + turbo vent). When using it to blow dry hair it would work okay at the start, but once my hair started to actually dry, it would get caught and snag. Also, there really wasn't any difference in drying time between using that brush or just running my fingers through my hair.

This brush is a totally different story. With so many bristles I was very afraid it would not work with my hair (slightly course and lots of tangles). To my surprise it goes through my hair with ease. Even when completely dry! I'm completely amazed at this brush. It gives LOTS of volume with the blow drying and leaves a nice shine. The only downside is the rubber handle. Because I have to spin the handle as I'm brushing my hair, some hairs get snagged against my hand and the handle. I think this is more a user-learning issue though.

Pros:
- Size is great for my hair length (past shoulders).
- VERY fast drying time with hair dryer
- Does not pull hair!!!!

Cons:
- Some hairs get snagged on the handle. I think this is just me not being careful though. Still 5 stars.

Summary:
This brush has changed my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, April 25, 2013
I have been looking for a 3/4 inch round brush for several years. Should've tried Amazon first...should've known they have everything! Found it there...love it for my newer shorter haircuts. Gets the job done without injuring the hair. Thank you, Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars It HURTS, March 26, 2013
You see what you get. The bristles are hard and VERY SCRATCHY. If you accidentally rub the brush against your neck, it hurts. I didn't want my money to go to waste so I've used this for a bit but no more. This is crap. Unless your next skin is thick as a cereal box (sorry, suck at analogies) this brush is not for you. Also, my hair gets stuck in the bottom black thing that caps the brush and pulls extra hair out. So no. Don't get this. Writing about this made me more pissed off so I'm lowering the star from two stars to one.

4.0 out of 5 stars good brush, December 26, 2011
This brush works nicely. It makes my hair more shiny when I use it and less frizzy. There is something that sticks out the bottom of the handle and I am not sure what it is? Maybe something a stylist would use. I would prefer it wasnt there, but it doesnt get in the way or stop me from using the brush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this brush!, November 22, 2011
I've had this brush for several years. It suddenly broke in half! I ordered a new one because I can't live without it. The handle has a pick on it that I use when fixing my hair. I use velcro rollers, and the tip helps to separate my hair quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, August 9, 2013
My hairdresser uses this exact brush with great results. We all know its hard to get your own hair to look like it does when you leave the salon. Well with this brush it it possible. No tangling, no dry ends. Perfect every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars What kind of sorcery is this!!!, January 5, 2015
I needed a new large round brush so I typed it into Amazon and read some reviews. I didn't quite understand how people could have such passionate feelings about a brush. Round brushes are great, and do better things for my hair than a paddle brush when drying, but let's not be dramatic. KIDDING PEOPLE IT'S TIME TO GET DRAMATIC. This brush is amazing. It doesn't tangle in my hair, it's so smooth that I don't need to go over it with a flat iron after which is my usual fashion, and somehow my hair has like 3 times the volume. If you need a new round brush do yourself a favor. My hair is just past my shoulders but I love the XXL brush, I suppose that's a personal preference though!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good brush, August 30, 2012
I've used this brand of brushes for years, having bought them from my hair stylist, and especially like the pull-out hair separator on the end of the brush. It makes using a comb while drying your hair unnecessary. The brushes wear well, unless they get crushed in your luggage and the end cap won't stay in place anymore. A lesson learned: don't pack the brush in an outside compartment.

‹ Previous | 1 2 337 | Next ›