Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 28, 2015
I read the reviews here about people getting fake Cricket brushes but never thought I would be one of those people but I was! I received my 2" brush and it looked fine. After a few hours. I remembered to look at the handle as I saw photos here of real vs fake brush handles and sure enough, mine said "antibacterial" on the handle not antimicrobial as stated. It also said Centrix,not Cricket on the handle. I asked a rep for Cricket/Technique if my brush was authentic and she said that it should say antimicrobial on the handle and that she believed that my brush was not authentic. Sheeeesh! Amazon was great in dealing with the issue quickly and to my satisfaction but it's pretty upsetting to order something and get a knock off. I attached photos so you can see what my handle said. If yours says the same, it is not an authentic Cricket brush according to the Cricket rep I spoke to. Buyer beware!

UPDATE: May 14, 2016: I received an email from someone who says that this brush is the real deal, just older stock. He commented twice above as well so you can read his comments. I am going by what the Cricket rep told me personally. I suggest that you get in touch with Cricket if you get a brush like mine to be sure it is just the old markings and not counterfeit. I really don't know what to think but I am updating to say that I am not sure at this point whether I got an old brush with old markings or a fake. Clearly the person who emailed me feels strongly that I am misleading people about the brush's authenticity. I would not do that. I went and am going by what I was personally told by a rep. I guess you will have to do a little digging and questioning if you get a brush like mine. I received a refund and have no desire to order another one at this point.
review image review image review image review image review image
88 comments|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2011
I have collarbone-length straight hair - there is a lot of it but the individual strands are fairly fine. If I air-dry it, it's a little wavy and frizzy. So, every workday, it's a long session with a warm blow-dryer and up until a few years ago, a plastic vent brush. Every brush i'd ever tried that looked anything like this (with the profusion of porcupine-like little bristles) has been a nightmare; tangling and snarling (and painful, time-consuming un-snarling of my hair from the brush) and at the end, a headful of frizz for all my trouble.

But then a couple years ago I switched salons and the stylist used this brush when blowing out. I gave the brush such a look when she brought it out that she laughed and said, "I'll bet you're worried this will tangle, aren't you?"

I loved the smooth, sleek final result (and the fact it never caught in my hair) so much that I plunked down $22 for this brush that very day - the salon price.

Been using it nearly every single day for 2 years and still LOVE it. It gives a nice frizz-free finish, allows me to put curl on my ends without the dreaded, hair-killing, curling iron, and never EVER gets tangled in my hair. It's been dropped, chucked in suitcases, and suffered every sort of abuse and is still in pretty good shape, although sometimes the handle starts to work loose and I just have to push it back together. It's very easy to clean, too - the hair pulls out easily from the "tines", and any remaining stray strands are easily removed using the "pick" that's stowed in the handle.

I'm back online today to add the "330" model to my shopping bag. LOVE THIS BRUSH.
0Comment|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2015
I saw a few reviews about counterfeit brushes and thought, oh that won't happen to me -- but it did! I received one of the "anti-bacterial" Centrix brushes (photos included). Will be sending this back on Monday. Very disappointed.
review image review image
11 comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2014
It states on the label that the brush is anti-static. Nothing could be further from the truth. It makes my hair more static-y than any brush I've ever used. I honestly bought it, tried to use it and never bothered with it since. It was too cheap to send back, so I didn't bother.
on March 11, 2014
The width was too small for my shoulder length hair, and I did not like the bristles. I ended up just going to the grocery store and getting a conaire that is working great.
on March 26, 2013
You see what you get. The bristles are hard and VERY SCRATCHY. If you accidentally rub the brush against your neck, it hurts. I didn't want my money to go to waste so I've used this for a bit but no more. This is crap. Unless your next skin is thick as a cereal box (sorry, suck at analogies) this brush is not for you. Also, my hair gets stuck in the bottom black thing that caps the brush and pulls extra hair out. So no. Don't get this. Writing about this made me more pissed off so I'm lowering the star from two stars to one.
on April 11, 2014
The bristles on this brush are much too sharp. I've had similiar brushes in the past that worked great. But I can't even use this one, because the bristles scratch my scalp. Unless you have a very tough scalp (and I mean VERY), don't buy this brush.
on February 28, 2014
I have thick, waist length, wavy hair. I bought the 1 1/2 inch for my bangs and I bought the 3 1/2 inch for the rest of my hair. I returned the 3 1/2 inch sold by "HairProducts" because it was a counterfeit. See the image I uploaded so you can be sure that you received a genuine Cricket round brush. I read a lot of reviews before buying something, and I'm glad, because another reviewer tipped me off on what to look for:

"After a few months of using this product, I noticed my hair felt fried. I went to my stylist and he noted the same thing. At first he told me to check the lint on my hair dryer and to turn down my flat iron. My hair was still frying. I took a closer look at my brush and realized it was a counterfeit! I have a salon bought 390 brush and it reads Anti-Microbial on the handle. This one reads Antibacterial. Not only that it says Centrix on the handle, NOT CRICKET. The font was also different. That said, buyer beware. I threw away the brush and my hair is already looking and feeling better." (This reviewer bought the 2 inch brush, so I have a feeling knock offs are fairly common).

So I received one genuine cricket brush that said "antimicrobial" on the handle, and one knockoff brush that said "CENTRIX" and "ANTIBACTERIAL" on the handle. Realize that anti-bacterial and anti-microbial are two completely different things. Imagine putting hand sanitizer on your hair then heating it up every day for months... think of how damaging that can be to your hair. I didn't bother re-ordering the 3 1/2 inch brush.

Overall: The genuine cricket brush I received is a decent round brush - it gets the job done. I have maybe five different size round brushes (all different brands), and I thought that this would be my favorite considering all the glowing reviews, but I can't say it's the best. :( It feels sort of cheap to me (the way it was packaged left some of the bristles bent). The bristles are pretty sharp. I have to be careful not to scratch my neck when using this brush.
review image
22 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2013
I love this brush! I have short, very, very, very fine hair - imagine baby hair that feels like duck feathers. This brush gives my hair volume plus smooths it. This is the first brush I have ever owned that makes it easy to style my hair. I feel like I just left the salon. The barrel really heats up which allows the the brush to set in a little wave and also adds tons of volume at the roots. The bristles really grab my hair so that my hair will curl around the barrel instead of just slipping through the bristles (most brushes don't have that kind of grab on fine, silky hair). Anyway, I can't say enough good things about this brush. I am going to order the 1.25" and 3/4" as well.
on December 7, 2012
I had high hope for the brush but as soon as I tried it, it caught my hair and pulled it out!!! OUCH!!! I have medium length hair and it would get caught in the handle. I returned the item.