Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on November 20, 2011
I have collarbone-length straight hair - there is a lot of it but the individual strands are fairly fine. If I air-dry it, it's a little wavy and frizzy. So, every workday, it's a long session with a warm blow-dryer and up until a few years ago, a plastic vent brush. Every brush i'd ever tried that looked anything like this (with the profusion of porcupine-like little bristles) has been a nightmare; tangling and snarling (and painful, time-consuming un-snarling of my hair from the brush) and at the end, a headful of frizz for all my trouble.

But then a couple years ago I switched salons and the stylist used this brush when blowing out. I gave the brush such a look when she brought it out that she laughed and said, "I'll bet you're worried this will tangle, aren't you?"

I loved the smooth, sleek final result (and the fact it never caught in my hair) so much that I plunked down $22 for this brush that very day - the salon price.

Been using it nearly every single day for 2 years and still LOVE it. It gives a nice frizz-free finish, allows me to put curl on my ends without the dreaded, hair-killing, curling iron, and never EVER gets tangled in my hair. It's been dropped, chucked in suitcases, and suffered every sort of abuse and is still in pretty good shape, although sometimes the handle starts to work loose and I just have to push it back together. It's very easy to clean, too - the hair pulls out easily from the "tines", and any remaining stray strands are easily removed using the "pick" that's stowed in the handle.

I'm back online today to add the "330" model to my shopping bag. LOVE THIS BRUSH.
0Comment124 of 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2015
I read the reviews here about people getting fake Cricket brushes but never thought I would be one of those people but I was! I received my 2" brush and it looked fine. After a few hours. I remembered to look at the handle as I saw photos here of real vs fake brush handles and sure enough, mine said "antibacterial" on the handle not antimicrobial as stated. It also said Centrix,not Cricket on the handle. I asked a rep for Cricket/Technique if my brush was authentic and she said that it should say antimicrobial on the handle and that she believed that my brush was not authentic. Sheeeesh! Amazon was great in dealing with the issue quickly and to my satisfaction but it's pretty upsetting to order something and get a knock off. I attached photos so you can see what my handle said. If yours says the same, it is not an authentic Cricket brush according to the Cricket rep I spoke to. Buyer beware!
review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment93 of 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2014
It states on the label that the brush is anti-static. Nothing could be further from the truth. It makes my hair more static-y than any brush I've ever used. I honestly bought it, tried to use it and never bothered with it since. It was too cheap to send back, so I didn't bother.
0Comment80 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2014
The width was too small for my shoulder length hair, and I did not like the bristles. I ended up just going to the grocery store and getting a conaire that is working great.
on March 29, 2015
I saw a few reviews about counterfeit brushes and thought, oh that won't happen to me -- but it did! I received one of the "anti-bacterial" Centrix brushes (photos included). Will be sending this back on Monday. Very disappointed.
review image review image
0Comment88 of 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2013
You see what you get. The bristles are hard and VERY SCRATCHY. If you accidentally rub the brush against your neck, it hurts. I didn't want my money to go to waste so I've used this for a bit but no more. This is crap. Unless your next skin is thick as a cereal box (sorry, suck at analogies) this brush is not for you. Also, my hair gets stuck in the bottom black thing that caps the brush and pulls extra hair out. So no. Don't get this. Writing about this made me more pissed off so I'm lowering the star from two stars to one.
0Comment84 of 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2014
The bristles on this brush are much too sharp. I've had similiar brushes in the past that worked great. But I can't even use this one, because the bristles scratch my scalp. Unless you have a very tough scalp (and I mean VERY), don't buy this brush.
0Comment81 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2014
I have thick, waist length, wavy hair. I bought the 1 1/2 inch for my bangs and I bought the 3 1/2 inch for the rest of my hair. I returned the 3 1/2 inch sold by "HairProducts" because it was a counterfeit. See the image I uploaded so you can be sure that you received a genuine Cricket round brush. I read a lot of reviews before buying something, and I'm glad, because another reviewer tipped me off on what to look for:

"After a few months of using this product, I noticed my hair felt fried. I went to my stylist and he noted the same thing. At first he told me to check the lint on my hair dryer and to turn down my flat iron. My hair was still frying. I took a closer look at my brush and realized it was a counterfeit! I have a salon bought 390 brush and it reads Anti-Microbial on the handle. This one reads Antibacterial. Not only that it says Centrix on the handle, NOT CRICKET. The font was also different. That said, buyer beware. I threw away the brush and my hair is already looking and feeling better." (This reviewer bought the 2 inch brush, so I have a feeling knock offs are fairly common).

So I received one genuine cricket brush that said "antimicrobial" on the handle, and one knockoff brush that said "CENTRIX" and "ANTIBACTERIAL" on the handle. Realize that anti-bacterial and anti-microbial are two completely different things. Imagine putting hand sanitizer on your hair then heating it up every day for months... think of how damaging that can be to your hair. I didn't bother re-ordering the 3 1/2 inch brush.

Overall: The genuine cricket brush I received is a decent round brush - it gets the job done. I have maybe five different size round brushes (all different brands), and I thought that this would be my favorite considering all the glowing reviews, but I can't say it's the best. :( It feels sort of cheap to me (the way it was packaged left some of the bristles bent). The bristles are pretty sharp. I have to be careful not to scratch my neck when using this brush.
review image
22 comments75 of 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2013
I love this brush! I have short, very, very, very fine hair - imagine baby hair that feels like duck feathers. This brush gives my hair volume plus smooths it. This is the first brush I have ever owned that makes it easy to style my hair. I feel like I just left the salon. The barrel really heats up which allows the the brush to set in a little wave and also adds tons of volume at the roots. The bristles really grab my hair so that my hair will curl around the barrel instead of just slipping through the bristles (most brushes don't have that kind of grab on fine, silky hair). Anyway, I can't say enough good things about this brush. I am going to order the 1.25" and 3/4" as well.
11 comment41 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2013
If you have a legit hair dryer (I use babybliss pro) and have long thick hair, then DO NOT buy this brush. I wanted to get a brush that would blow out my hair faster and nicer, and this was recommended. If you want the bristles of the brush to melt off into your hair then this is the brush for you. I thought something was burning and then I realized it was my hair. I am so upset that I bought this brush.. I was not even using the hairdryer on high heat I was using it on medium heat. This is cheaply made and I could not be angrier that I now can not return it. SO MAD!
0Comment53 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse