5.0 out of 5 stars I use mine a lot...
Published on December 27, 2007 by Angela Christian

3.0 out of 5 stars helpful, but missing at least 1 "essential" tool
Published on September 6, 2010 by goodstuff

5.0 out of 5 stars I use mine a lot..., December 27, 2007
Angela Christian (Kansas City metro) - See all my reviews
I received this as a Christmas present. I read the reviews on here and I couldn't decide if this was something I really wanted but left it on my Christmas list. Someone grabbed it for me and I couldn't be happier with it! Honestly I think it depends on the cartridges and the size of your cut outs that you use as to whether you will get use out of this. I use it a lot with puppy pals. The tools help with getting the scrap paper off the mat from the intricate cut outs. I will say I haven't used all of the tools yet and probably won't I think it would benefit cricut to make them more available individually then in a set. Otherwise, I would recommend these tools for anyone doing intricate cutting.

Update: 05/02/08 Since I wrote this review I have accumulated about 11 carts. And I still stand by this review. My fave tool is still the spatchula which you have to purchase separately. I use the other tools a lot with Accent Essentials, and Home Accents oo also Jasmine. For small cuts these tools work like a champ! My only complaint is a general complaint about Cricut. Cricut thinks their products are gold. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my bug and I use it regularly. But I think their products are way over priced.. So I would look to buy this when its on sale.. That's when its a real deal.

3.0 out of 5 stars helpful, but missing at least 1 "essential" tool, September 6, 2010
This review is from: Cricut 7-Piece Tool Kit for Cricut Cutting Machines (Kitchen)
I have found this kit quite useful, since I am a fairly new Cricut user (I was actually kind of lost without it) and did not have any other tools for papercrafting. However, it is missing 1, if not 2, essential tools. As most reviewers say, the spatula (not included) is the most useful tool for Cricut users - so why is it only sold separately? In addition, it drives me crazy that there isn't at least a spot in the case for it...it doesn't even fit in there loosely. I also think a pair of tweezers would be very helpful for picking up and affixing tiny pieces. I find myself stabbing at them with the sharp hook, then trying to carefully pry them off the hook once in place. I am going to go buy a pair of tweezers, which is no big deal, but for me this is just another tool that should be included in the kit. I have one other complaint, which is that I, like another reviewer, don't really know what some of the tools are for. Some sort of instructions or chart would have been helpful to me (I personally believe that the Cricut company could use some help in the instructions department anyway - I had to purchase another DVD, not made by their company, to really figure out more than the basics with the Cricut). I have not used all the tools, but find the hook and small blade the most useful. I will probably also really like the folding tool once I start making cards. I like the case the tools come in (I have had no problems with mine, and all pieces fit snugly). I think the Amazon price (less than $13 right now) is acceptable - I paid much more than this in a store.

2.0 out of 5 stars Watse of $, September 29, 2007
I recieved this as a gift with my Cricut and in my opinion it's a waste of money. I only use the small scissors and one of the tools for taking things off my Cricut mat both of which can be purchased individually. Not worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have been included with the machine, January 29, 2013
S. Carlson (Huntington Beach, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
My wife received a Cricut as a Christmas gift. As fantastic as the machine is for her, these tools probably should have been included...they are truly necessary, every one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the tools! Hate the case., February 7, 2010
I was very excited to get this as a Christmas gift. I got my Cricut Cutter out Christmas night just so I could use my Tool Kit. The tools in the kit are WONDERFUL and I was very pleased with them. The case they came isnt so great... I was never able to zip it up because the zipper broke right away and the entire case continues to fall apart everytime I used it.

4.0 out of 5 stars for other crafts too, April 18, 2009
Even tho I purchased this tool kit to go with my Cricut, I've found that I use it more for other crafts as well; the bone folder, scissors, scraper, ruler etc are all handy tools for various crafts. And there is just enough room in the case to put my Xacto knife and a small packet of blades to keep everything together.

5.0 out of 5 stars This kit is great, November 23, 2007
This kit has everything you need to use with your cutting machine. I especially love the metal hook to weed the extra paper or vinyl. The scraper tool which you use to scrape small pieces of paper off your mat also works great for applying vinyl to surfaces. Works way better than your credit card. I don't even have a Cricut, but a Wishblade and I love this kit.

3.0 out of 5 stars What are all of these tools for?, February 14, 2011
The quality of the tools is just fine. I'm honestly not sure what they are all for though?? I think you are just fine to just purchase the spatula. I'm new to using the Cricut machine though so maybe I'm just missing something....

3.0 out of 5 stars Not needed if you are a hardcore crafter, December 12, 2009
RIRY (Lakewood, CO United States) - See all my reviews
If you're hardcore - you probably ALREADY have these tools - the only thing that's cool about this kit is that everything fits into a nice cute little case. The one bummer - it doesn't come with a spatula - which is ESSENTIAL to use with your cricut. This is more for aesthetics than it is for usability.

If you are getting a kit - I would actually recommend the Slice kit - I use that with my cricut. It has a spatula in the kit! (can you imagine that?) It also has other tools that is more useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Too Bad..., October 9, 2008
I like this kit because it has everything you need in a tool kit for cutting vinyls and some. The tools seem slightly on the cheaper quality side because of all of the plastic and rubber used to make them, but I don't think they'll have any issue holding up in the long run. I also have a full sized 24" cutter and I have to say that the scissors and the squeegee are completely worthless for vinyls of that size, but the tools were not designed for larger vinyls. They were made for the Cricut 12" system. I looked everywhere for a tool kit and this was the ONLY complete set I could find in any craft store even online. Kudos to these people for doing something so simple that for some reason no other company could do...putting all of the tools we'd need in one kit. And at a decent $19 this kit gets 4 stars, manly because of the cheaper feel to the kit because they didn't use all metal for the tools.

Cricut 7-Piece Tool Kit for Cricut Cutting Machines