Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on December 13, 2012
I purchased this a few months back and just recently starting exploring and playing. I usually don't write reviews but thought it would be extremely useful to pass on information that I learned while watching youtube videos and googling about this cart. You do not have to purchase a scoring tip. Granted at this time I have no done every single box but the multiple ones I have done so far I found a little trick. Turn your blade setting down to "2" and your pressure to "low". Load mat and select "shift" and the box you would like to cut. This will score your lines for you. After it's finished scoring, do not remove. Hit "load mat" again and it will reset to the original spot. Turn your blade back to cutting depth (I used 6) being careful not to move the blade carriage and your pressure back up (I use high). Select the box to be cut and it will then cut your lines. When it's finished you should have a box cutout as well as score lines! Hope this helps someone out! Apart from spending money on a scoring tip that isn't necessary this will also save the hassle of having to keep changing out blades.
33 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2013
I wanted this cartridge so I could make cute goodie bags/boxes for my daughters birthday party. I wasn't sure at first because a lot of the reviews I read or videos I saw mentioned how small the boxes are or didnt really show the size of the box in comparison to something else. However, I was able to make a pretty decent sized box that is perfect for a goodie bag! I didn't really find it difficult to cut or assemble (for a bigger box you use box side 1 and box side 2 cut on separate sheets of 12x12 then glue sides together). The only thing I had a problem with was how to use the scoring blade with the cartridge, I couldn't not get it to line up properly. I don't use CCR so that might be the problem, i ended up just using the paper trimmer with the scoring tip, it worked perfect. But overall I LOVE this cartridge and I can already imagine many uses for it!!! I will upload a picture of my box with a comparison so anyone who wants can get a good comparison on size, you probably couldn't make a box too much bigger then the one I made, maybe a inch bigger. I cut mine at true size 10.5 inches.
review image
on April 18, 2012
Just got this cart and I love all the boxes and bags There are also buttons for cards, tags, phrases, and phrase shadows. What everyone should know about this cartridge is that to get the full use of it you need to purchase both a cricut scoring tool and a set of gel pens for the cricut machine. While the scoring tool is relatively inexpensive, the gel pens are not. I am not sure I would have bought this cart if I had known that I would have to make additional purchases to make it work. Instead of making small cuts in the paper to show you where to fold it actually scores all the lines, which is great, BUT... again, I had to buy an extra tool to make it WORK!
44 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2012
I really wish the item description, or product details had mentioned the need for the scoring tool. Seeing as how Provo craft didn't even bother to put it on their packaging I can't really fault the sellers. It is pertinent information. This cartridge doesn't make the little hatch marks for scoring and folding like previous cartridges, it's not even an option that I can tell, and I'm rather disappointed in that. The negative aside it is a really cute little cartridge and I was able to make a few gable boxes without the scoring tool (just fold it myself, since it's kind of a no brainer where the folds go on those.) The milk carton was a little bit more but still I did it without the tool. Of course now I have to order the tool and wait some more time for that to get here. If you really like making cute little boxes and whatnot, it's worth it, but factor in the cost of the scoring tool with it.
on September 1, 2015
I loved how fast this product came - it was like lightening, it was packaged well too!

the images on this cartridge are pretty customizeable and a very plentiful - the directions and image catalog make it easy to produce clear/clean cuts that look great on finished paper products :D
on June 10, 2012
This cartridge is made to be used with the scoring blade, but certain ones are fine with a regular blade. I have been told to turn a regular blade upside down and it works like a scoring blade, but haven't yet tried that.
My 11 year old has made many of these for thank you gifts, filled with some chocolates and she has no problems assembling them. The tea cup one makes a great holder for cups of flowers. I have not been able to figure out the mailbox yet, but I am also the type that needs to see one already assembled before I can figure it out. All in all, this cartridge has a lot to offer for the price.
on November 7, 2015
Finally a tags, bags, boxes and more cartridge that actually has boxes! This cartridge will not disappoint. I love the boxes and the themes that they chose. If you have Design Space you can do even more with this set because you can add patterns (for example, you could switch the boring look of that pink teacup for a nice floral pattern).
on April 11, 2012
There is a video on the web where the lady mades cute purses out of fabric using this cartridge.
They are adorable!!! Makes the cartridge with the $$ .....great for party gifts, BFF gifts, really neat!!
Search for cricut projects using fabric....
on November 22, 2013
I have loved using this cartridge!!! I have been making things non-stop since I bought it. At first I was extremely confused because it doesn't say anywhere that you need to buy a scoring tip, but once I bought one, it all makes sense. The projects are tons of fun and look great. Just be aware that the "shift" images for the boxes themselves are the scoring lines. Go to Cricut's website and there is a pretty good video explaining how to do it. This is one of my favorite cartridges I have used and can envision making tons more fun projects with it!
on March 8, 2012
As soon that I Open the box, I love the cartrige. I already made the little shirt box for a baby shower for church. Easy to cut. You can use your creativity with these new cartrige. I already have some ideas for father's day using the same cartrige. The use is endless. The shipping was fast. Great product, I even order one more for my friend. Love it!!!!!!!!