5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Glenn!
Published on May 2, 2012 by Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining...at times.
I had a hard time with this book. I liked the plot line and detail but at the same time this is what I also struggled with. There were a ton of misspellings, formatting is horrible on the kindle (like 200+ chapters which is ridiculous) and the story jumped all over the place.

When I did figure out where the story was at, it was a good read.

I got...
Published on May 21, 2012 by A. Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Glenn!, May 2, 2012
This review is from: Roll Call, A True Crime Prison Story of Corruption and Redemption ( Roll Call Volume 1 ) (Kindle Edition)
I thank the author for writing and getting the word out about crimes in prison! This needs to be told and exposed! Sometimes the men who commit the crime become the victims of those who tend to feel like they are above the law! I know because I have witnessed it first hand for myself in a womens facility! Then you Glenn for getting your story and the truth out for others to hear! This extra non-sence in prisons needs to come to a halt!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Detailed Memoir on a persons way of life, January 26, 2013
This book is great for those who can relate to that lifestyle and see the similarities of their own. For those who cant relate to the lifestyle id recommend it to even more because those who are unaware of the way other people live will be amazed and in suspense of the way Author Glenn Langohr goes into depth in this memoir. Not only is the story great but Glenn's technique is great and very inspirational for those wanting to write a memoir or life story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roll Call, January 24, 2013
Roll Call is an intense look into the criminal underworld and prison by a man who has really done time due to his convictions in California's criminal justice machinery. This fictional tale is taken from the author's real life story. He incorporates real life events and a look into modern day times into this account to give readers a mesmerizing story of what it's really like in the drug world. From Mexican drug cartels to street gangs to prison gangs it's all here in Roll Call. Read with the insight of a person who lived the life he is talking about. This is not a Hollywood glamorization or a rap video this is authentic drama with real life anecdotes and feelings from a person who experienced what he is writing about. It is his cross to bear and he shares his story with readers so that they can decide the issues of right and wrong and morality that goes along with all the facets of life. A tale set in Southern California it touches on every aspect of the drug world hierarchy. The book reads like a movie but doesn't romanticize the drug trade like so many blockbusters do, it humanizes it and the author does a good job of showing the reality of it all. Big kudos to Glenn for writing such an amazing book. Seth Ferranti, author of Gorilla Convict: The Prison Writings of Seth Ferranti and The Supreme Team: The Birth of Crack and Hip-Hop, Prince's Reign of Terror and the Supreme/50 Cent Beef Exposed

4.0 out of 5 stars I HAD to know what happened next!, August 15, 2012
Roll Call is a compelling and page-turning read. Told from the perspective of his own time in prison, tossed with a few bits here and there of fiction. The reader gets an upclose glimpse of what it's really like behind bars and what can happen with those close to you.

It's a long read, well over seven hundred pages, and at times, it gets a bit dry. But as the character's backgrounds emerge, the present begins to make sense and I found myself hoping that BJ would turn his life around. If you put your mind to it, you can do anything. Life is all about choices and Roll Call has good choices and bad, depicting consequences of both. It took me awhile, but I eventually got to the point I couldn't put this book down - I HAD to know what happened next. I was definitely not disappointed and glad that I stuck with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining...at times., May 21, 2012

When I did figure out where the story was at, it was a good read.

I got this for free through the lending library of Kindle so given that I was OK with it. But if I paid more than $2 for it I would be very disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Real reality, June 27, 2011
Whacks you aside the head with the force of a baseball bat.
Langohr's incredible description of his fight for survival in prison has "screenplay" written all over it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wake Up Call***, October 22, 2013
Thank you Glenn** This book should be a movie! It is captivating from the start. You have a lot to share with the world. It is sad that the some of the ones who claim to serve and protect are far worse than the criminals they apprehend. It seems they even targeted children before the kids even had a chance. A book which needed to be written! Thanks***

4.0 out of 5 stars Authentic, August 13, 2013
Well written and fast paced. Written from multiple perspectives Roll Call is a look into the meth scene of southern California. What separates it from other books is that it has an authentic feel as the author has lived what he is writing about which puts him way in front of others who try to write on criminal culture but havn't lived the life. I especially enjoyed the parts about prison life as he writes it like only one who's been there can. The book also addresses issues such as crooked cops and the 3 strikes law. The only criticism I would give is it gets a little far fetched towards the end. Overall a good book that I very much enjoyed reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roll Call, May 10, 2013
I couldn't put this book down. I read this one after reading Underdog. Glenn has a way with words that capture the reader's attention from start to finish. Having a son who is an addict and also served time in prison, I'm rewarded with information on what his life has been like from another person's perspective. Glenn's books are very honest and enlightening to those of us who haven't experienced the raw pain of being addicted or locked up. It's not that most of us haven't done something we could've been locked up for,it's a matter of who gets caught. Illegal drugs will be the downfall of our society and Glenn takes the reader through the whole process of manufacturing, dealing and addiction. Thank you Glenn! Keep up the good work.

1.0 out of 5 stars poorly written, April 21, 2013
The book is so poorly written I couldn't stand to finish it. It skips around and has many typos and poor grammar. Save yourself time and don't get this book

Rate and Discover Movies