5.0 out of 5 stars Required Reading for the Police Investigators
Published on May 8, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars criminal inv. book
I needed the book for a class Iwas taking it was ok but I have read better. You dont really have a choice when its a class. Came in good condition and fast.
Published on January 1, 2013 by chaos233

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Required Reading for the Police Investigators, May 8, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Criminal Investigation (Hardcover)
This book is on the reading list for Massachusetts Civil Service Promotional Exams. I found it to be fascinating, as did most of my colleagues. You name the crime, and this book will show you step by step how to find the evidence, and how to properly handle it when you do find it. Full of diagrams and illustrations to make every concept crystal clear and graphic photos of some heinous crime scenes.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best in a long line of boring criminal justice books!!!, August 10, 2000
"cvb37" (Pacifica, California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Criminal Investigation (Hardcover)
This book is by far one of the best of the criminal justice books that I have ever read. If it wasn't required reading for my Criminal Investigations class, I just might have picked it up and read it on my own. This book is one of the most interesting and easy to read books that has ever been required reading. The photography in the text helps with the topics in the reading much more than in any other books I've read. Though a bit gruesome, the photos are of great quality and only help the book that much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Reference, July 27, 2000
Navyvet "navyvet" (Griswold, Connecticut United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Criminal Investigation (Hardcover)
I initially purchased this book as required reading for a Police Sergeant promotional exam but, I realized that it was the most informative text on investigations that I have read to date. The text is very well written and most of the material is applicable in any jurisdiction. The book includes a good number of illustrations and photos and I'm positive that I'll be referring back to this book throughout my career as a police officer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the book I was looking for, December 12, 2002
Walter A (leeuwarden, friesland Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Criminal Investigation (Hardcover)
I bought this book because I'm interested in series on discovery such as: Forensic Detectives, Medical Detectives and The Fbi Files. This book describes everything(see table of contents) in detail, from the history of crime investigation till gunshots etc. After almost every subject, the book gives real life examples and pictures.
After reading reviews I bought it and I don't regret it. It's the most excellent book in the field and often used on universities. The book isn't cheap, but if you're really interested in these subjects it's certainly worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars criminal investigation book, February 23, 2006
This review is from: Criminal Investigation (Hardcover)
This subject is very interesting and the book go along with it well. The book is very interesting and is not boring to read. It has a lot of detailed pictures and information that goes along with it. Plus the reading is enertaining.This overall is a very good book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference!, July 22, 2010
This review is from: Criminal Investigation (Hardcover)
I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to learn the basics of Criminal Investigation. As a person who has been in the field for over 20 years, I feel that this should be a required read for all developing police officers. This book will help any police officer prepare for the many facets of criminal investigation. It is also good for those with experience as a detective that may be transitioning from one area of investigations to another. If you are a law enforcement officer that would like to increase your knowledge and effectiveness on the job, get this book and read it! In doing so, you may be able to stop yourself, or a fellow officer from accidentally destroying evidence that is vital to solving a case. In some departments, you will even be able to teach your detectives something that they may not be aware of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, well-written, June 26, 2009
This review is from: Criminal Investigation (Hardcover)
If you are looking for a current, comprehensive review of the field of criminal investigation, this is a good book. It's a large, heavy book filled with excellent graphics and color photos and text supplemented by actual case examples. Well worth the price. I bought this for a class, but I am keeping it for future reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good info, January 16, 2007
This review is from: Criminal Investigation (Hardcover)
Bought for a promotion study, and helped very much.

Great book if you need it. Also look for the study guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Interesting Book I've Read So Far for My Classes!, November 29, 2010
This review is from: Criminal Investigation (Hardcover)
I'm reading this book for one of my classes, and I LOVE it. Out of all of my Criminal Justice classes, this book has had the most information in it. This book really captures the reader's attention and it never seems to be a boring read. The pictures in it really help to reinforce what you're learning, and it makes the reading material much more interesting. I would definitely recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding, January 12, 2011
This review is from: Criminal Investigation (Hardcover)
This is an amazing deal. The bookstore at my college sells this book for about $175 after tax so to be able to get it for 120 on her saves me over 50 bucks. This is an amazing deal. There may be some people out there who dont think this may be the right book because there are two different pictures but it is the red and white book not the blue one from the pictures.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Criminal Investigation
Criminal Investigation by Charles R. Swanson (Hardcover - May 14, 2008)
$201.37
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.