5.0 out of 5 stars The right way to learn!
This is a fantastic textbook for learning criminology. I took an online college class with this text and it was so helpful and easy to learn from. The text gets right to the point of things and provides the perfect examples to help one learn the thoeries of criminology. I suggest this book for anyone who plans on taking a criminology class, online or off.
Published on March 18, 2007 by D. Hunt

3.0 out of 5 stars If you guys don't mind, I'll do a review on the book
It seems awfully fascinating how customers have only reviewed the "seller" and "shipping" of the book rather than the actual content of Criminology by Siegel.

In any case, I've been using this for my Theories of Crime and Delinquency class at SJSU.

Published on November 23, 2009 by Danny Yu

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars If you guys don't mind, I'll do a review on the book, November 23, 2009
This review is from: Criminology (Hardcover)

It's a very dense book, I must say first off. It covers a lot of material in a seemingly short amount of time, but it's a very detailed and enlightening book. In an almost narrative an interesting format, since the author seems to be talking to you in a very colloquial tone. I enjoyed that.

However, I felt that a lot of the material could be cut down as well, as there was too much information to navigate through to understand the core concepts. For me, if I understand the core concepts, I'm pretty much set. At times, the material seem to wander off.

Overall, this isn't the worst textbook ever published. It's a fairly decent read. But it could be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars The right way to learn!, March 18, 2007
This review is from: Criminology (with CD-ROM and InfoTrac) (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Criminology (with CD-ROM and InfoTrac ) by Larry J. Siegel, February 13, 2008
This review is from: Criminology (with CD-ROM and InfoTrac) (Hardcover)
I order the text book for Criminology coruse and decided to keep it for my on collection. Very informative well written text book with easy to follow CD-Rom crime disc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting! Hit the button!,, November 7, 2008
Louis Goins (Wichita, KS USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Criminology (with CD-ROM and InfoTrac) (Hardcover)
This book is so much more interesting than the text book required for my for my Criminal Justice class. I bought it as a supplement to my class textbook and I love it! The font is easy to read, the charts, tables, figures etc.. are very easy to follow. The material is up to date and very insightful. I have already bought and recieved another book that this author wrote. If you want to learn about Criminology; then get the book, it makes learning fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book. Didnt enjoy the class!, April 20, 2014
This review is from: Criminology (Paperback)
Didn't read the whole thing but this was a good book. Required reading for my criminology course. Highly recommended if taking this course.

1.0 out of 5 stars Limited mobility issue, February 16, 2014
This review is from: Criminology (Kindle Edition)
The book is well set up and contains interesting and beneficial side notes. My only real issue is that this book can only be accessed through specific software and hardware instead of all kindle programs. For example I have an iPhone, windows 8 laptop, and a PC; I can only use it on my PC desktop eliminating its mobility. I got the kindle applications for the sole purpose of being mobile and this book negates that.

3.0 out of 5 stars look closely..., January 4, 2014
When I ordered this book I was under the impression that it was in good condition, but upon receiving the book, I noticed pages were not attached and were just put back in to look like they were attached. Also the book had so much writing and highlighers allover that it was sometimes hard to follow along.
I believe the seller was deceitful when he/she sold the book; however for the price it was okay. It served it's purpose and saved me money.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, October 7, 2013
This review is from: Criminology (Hardcover)
this book works for the reason that I bought which is for a class that will likely not use it very often, so like the title says it works for what I need it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Studying criminology, June 18, 2013
This review is from: Criminology (Hardcover)
I liked reading this book and learning more in depth of all the criminology terms there are. It's an older book, but it's still enjoyable to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, May 18, 2013
Sam itani (Torrance, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I learned allot how to catch criminals and now I am thinking about catching the bad guys in my neighborhood.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Criminology (with CD-ROM and InfoTrac)
Criminology (with CD-ROM and InfoTrac) by Larry J. Siegel (Hardcover - March 1, 2005)
$287.95 $271.46