5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!
Great buy! Wife has been craving these for years since they stopped making them in the U.S. Crispy M&M is better than jewelry to her on this Valentines!
Published on March 9, 2011 by jwolfman

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality candy
I've had these M&Ms before and they are delicious. The bag sold by this reseller however is absolutely terrible!

Published on March 5, 2012 by Charles Magnuson

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality candy, March 5, 2012
This review is from: Crispy M&M's Chocolate Candy with Crisped Rice Center, 170g Bag - Rare (Grocery)

When I opened the bag, much of the color had faded from the candies. This was the first sign that they were old or expired. I tasted a few and they tasted miserable. The crisped rice center had the most horrendous after taste I've ever had from a candy. There was also a fruity flavor, which is totally creepy given that these are chocolates.

Bottom line: DO NOT BUY THESE M&Ms FROM THIS RESELLER.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusting, March 22, 2012
I used to love these when they were still available in the U.S. I ordered them from this seller and they tasted like axle grease. I'm not even kidding. I was skeptical from the moment I opened the package considering they had used musty old newspaper for padding. They refused to refund my money on the grounds that they hadn't heard complaints from any other customers, which seems like a blatant lie considering there are other reviews on here complaining about the exact same thing. Order only if you like playing Russian roulette with candy from a dishonest seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!, March 9, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but Not really the same., January 6, 2012
I just got these in the mail. Sorry, but they don't taste the same. I'm not sure why. The ones that were
made here years ago tasted like regular M&Ms filled with rice crispy-like stuff. This filling
is similar in texture but I don't think it is the same material. That is disappointing.

Yes, the bags are small. Remember, they are coming from Germany so you are paying a
premium for them. Hopefully, they'll make them again in the U. S.

Ok on further reflection, the inside is ok. I think it is the coating that is odd. When I opened the bag I could smell
somethink like hazelnut and kind of got that flavor from the candy. Normally I like hazelnut but NOT in these. I hear we will
be getting Crispy M&M's in the U.S. sometime in 2012. Great!

Ok it's Aug 2012 and still no US version. I emailed M&M but no reply so far. I did end up eating them and have a tip. Rub the candy shell with a kleenex before popping it in your mouth. It helps. Its like it has an odd-tasting oil coating it. I think candy makers do put a top coat on for shine and whatever they use in Germany tastes different than what they use here. Yes, its still very expensive but if you have a craving, go ahead.

4.0 out of 5 stars So-So, July 23, 2012
I remember these from my childhood, and these were DEFINITELY not the same product. They were fairly good, just a completely different taste than what was expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Service, February 24, 2012
Jacky (MENOMONIE, WI, US) - See all my reviews
I was super excited to see this item offered. The item shipped very quickly and I was pleasantly surprised to find a reddit alien sticker on the package :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, January 28, 2014
I loved these when they first came out! I couldn't get enough of them! I even bought a huge one (like, Costco-size) and finished it all by myself! Yeah I was soooo sad and disappointed when M&M's discontinued it here in the U.S. I was so frustrated at the time, I emailed M&M and got this response on August 14th 2006:

[quote]:
In response to your email regarding M&M'S CRISPY CHOCOLATE CANDIES.

Thanks for contacting us about M&M'S CRISPY CHOCOLATE CANDIES.

Because we are reviewing our marketing strategy, this product is unavailable at this time. Your comments will be shared with our Marketing Staff.

The product cannot be purchased via the Internet nor directly from us.

Have a great day!

Your Friends at Masterfoods USA
A Division of Mars, Incorporated
[\end quote]

So, I never thought of checking it out online, until recently! I googled and found this. I also wanted to share with people, that I found out a few days ago on CNN, that some mom tried to petition m&m's about having natural dye to color the m&m's like they do in Europe cuz apparently, artificial dyes on food over there is banned, but u know, not in the good ol' U.S. of A. So when I was reading the reviews here, I was really surprised people could actually taste the difference. But it's for the better! I couldn't, so I just liked it, LoLz. But you guys are amazing for being able to. Initially, I was upset when I first got this, also thinking it was expired, cuz it's not end of January 2014, but when I got the product, the expiration date was 01/06/2014, and as an American, I was thinking Jan 6th 2014, but realizing that it's imported from Germany, it's probably more like June 1st 2014... or at least I hope so, haha!

1.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Ripoff, January 25, 2013
Look carefully when you order...Here we find 50 grams not 50 ounces which is around 4 ounces for over $11.00. 4 ounces is less than half a normal bag........If there is a sucker born every minute I am a candidate........

5.0 out of 5 stars Yumm, February 1, 2012
I LOVE THESE SOOOO MUCH!! IM ONLY 13 and my brother and I used to eat these things like crazy! This summer when I went to europe, I saw theme so I brought as many as could!! I miss them and I ordered some that my brother do not know about because when they cam, they were WAYYY SMALLER THAN I THOUGHT but I enjoyed them... And I don't even feel guilty.

2.0 out of 5 stars not same as USA version, August 12, 2012
S.Leo (Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
The item arrived fairly quickly. It seems to be fresh, but this is NOT the same as the ones you remember eating here in the USA. Different flavor and texture. In my opinion, these are not very good and not worth $12 for such a small bag. (especially since I won't even be eating them)

Rate and Discover Movies