5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and so easy!
Published on April 5, 2011 by Zack

1.0 out of 5 stars Sloppy Editing Job / Errors in Recipes!!!
Published on September 14, 2011 by E. Dickson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and so easy!, April 5, 2011
This review is from: Cristina Ferrare's Big Bowl of Love: Delight Family and Friends with More than 150 Simple, Fabulous Recipes (Hardcover)
Let me put it to you this way: not unlike Carrie Bradshaw, my oven is used to store clothes. However, a friend recommended Cristina's cookbook to me so I thought I would take a look. Besides Cristina's warm and genuine tone, the book is filled with DELICIOUS, hearty and healthy recipes that are so easy to make. I even used my oven for the first time last night to make one of Cristina's vegetable dishes, her roasted asparagus with balsamic. Yum!! There are so many recipes I can't wait to try, this book is genius!

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Favorite Cookbook, April 5, 2011
I just got a copy of Cristina's cookbook. It's now my FAVORITE. And, I'm a girl who loves me a cookbook. The recipes are fantastic, and everything is created so it can be done fast and easy. The food photography looks beautiful. My husband is going to be a happy man come meal time. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up!, April 14, 2011
I love the selection of recipes in "Big Bowl of Love." I feel like I have access to Cristina's personal recipe file with all her notes and improvements on recipes that range from fast & easy to more impressive undertakings. The book does include a few 'filler' recipes that simply list specific ingredients with a building plan. The dessert section is short, but tempting.

In most cookbooks the 'basics' are not noteworthy; however, Cristina has included marinades and sauces that I really need options for ~ such as: Asian Slaw Vinaigrette, Greek Salsa, Ponzu Dipping Sauce, Spicy Soy Dipping Sauce and Ginger Dipping Sauce.

There are great number of pictures to inspire; but, I was distracted by those pictures that use bokeh (the blurring of the background). Done well, pictures that blur the background will bring importance to the item that is in focus. Here, I don't feel the blurry pictures were done well, instead, I just felt like I needed a new eyeglass prescription.

Overall, where content is concerned, this book is a winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow your family with these recipes!, June 14, 2011
Cristina Ferrare's Big Bowl of Love has a ton of recipes that your family will think you spent hours on. Only you'll know that you didn't spend much time at all. Her recipes are relatively easy and fun to prepare as well as nutritious. She includes helpful tips on shortening preparation time, cutting calories and extending meals to feed a few extra. I definitely appreciated these!

Each recipe includes a brief introduction with a history of the recipe, a detailed ingredients list, and well written instructions that are easy to follow. Most recipes also include a gorgeous color photograph to inspire you. Recipes included are for appetizers, salads, soups, pasta and risotto, chicken, beef and lamb, fish, vegetables, desserts; dressings, sauces, and salads; and pantry and staple items.

There's really a great variety of cuisines in this cookbook including Mexican, Middle Eastern, Italian, and of course, plenty of good old American favorites. I really cannot wait to try the Linguine with Clam Sauce! Wow her picture makes this look so amazing. This is definitely a great resource for the mom looking to wow her family without spending hours in the kitchen!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hit!, June 23, 2011
I have Cristina's earlier cookbook and use it all the time. This new cookbook that is a companion to the series Big Bowl of Love is another favorite of mine. The dishes are simple to make with easy to find ingredients. I am loving it! With healthy eating in mind, Cristina has updated her recipes to fit today's busy lifestyles and healthier way of eating. I have a huge cookbook collection and this is one of my new favorites. A real hit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book by a beautiful lady., June 8, 2011
Margaret B. Matthias (Norfolk, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Purchased a copy for each of my daughters and one for myself. I like the way Cristina prepares food and will enjoy using the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow and delicious for the family!, April 23, 2011
This cookbook is easy to follow, and has delicious recipes. If your'e not a cook, you can be with this book! If you've ever wanted to try making fabulous dinners to impress, try these recipes! I did, and you'll amaze yourself!! If you need a little inspiration... follow Cristina on OWN network and with her cute humor, down to earth style, you'll want to start cooking tonight! Thanks Cristina for the inspiration!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sloppy Editing Job / Errors in Recipes!!!, September 14, 2011
I borrowed this from our library and found at least seven recipes I wanted to try. In my reading, I noticed an Italian recipe (was it a salad? I'm not recalling) where the ingredient list had about 6 items listed twice and in the same amount - mistakenly so, when you read the recipe. I made the Mac & Cheese with Truffle Oil (DELICIOUS) and discovered that the pasta amount called for was incorrect. Not too much fun scrambling to boil a second batch of pasta when you thought you were on schedule for dinner! I should have trusted my instincts... the recipe said 8 ounces macaroni... it should be 16 oz.

While Ferrare's recipes seem delicious and do-able, I rate this a one star, for a cookbook with unreliable recipes and errors in it is a liability in the kitchen, not an asset. Sloppy work by the publishing house, and sloppy proofreading by Ferrare!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 30, 2011
I remembered Christian Ferrare as being a good cook many years ago on TV, that's why I bought her cookbook. Everything I have made has been simple and delicious. Her recipes have been well received by adults and picky teenages. Highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy & Delectable Recipes!, April 5, 2011
By no means do I call myself a cook ... But with Cristina's cookbook I can whip up delicious and healthy meals in a jiffy! The book includes easy to follow recipes with beautiful mouth-watering photos. Can't wait to try some new dishes!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›