Intervention: Final Episodes 14 Seasons 2008
Amazon Instant Video
1. Salina and Troy For the past eleven years Salina has been suffering from severe bulimia. Her family is desperate to help her break this cycle and is hoping she will take this lifeline. After relocating to Los Angeles, Troy had a promising future until his recreational crystal methamphetamine usage escalated into a full-blown addiction. While high Troy reports to having had, "hundreds of homosexual encounters.
2. Kristen A young mother, addicted to alcohol and heroin, is in the midst of losing custody of her 5-year-old daughter Sadie, who recently told her "mom, you are a loser." Kristen has now reached the point of no return. Her family has reached out to Intervention as a last hope of saving Kristen
3. Antwahn and Billy Antwahn played professional basketball for the Los Angeles Clippers and in Europe for over a decade, but when a serious knee injury ended his career he began to binge on crack-cocaine and ended up on skid row. He's on the verge of destroying himself. Can he be saved by an intervention?
4. Annie and Amy Annie is anorexic and bulimic. Now her fiancé, Kevin, desperately wants an intervention because he's afraid that Annie's eating disorders will kill her. After Amy was sexually molested at 16, she turned to drugs to deal with the pain and ended up living on park benches with her boyfriend. Amy's mother has reached out to Intervention as her last hope.
5. Follow-Up 2 This second "follow-up" episode will allow for a much deeper investigation of life after the intervention, as we revisit some subjects several weeks later to see if their intervention was successful. Included: alcoholic wife and mother Cristine; heroin addict Audrey; and brothers Brooks and Ian, both cocaine addicts.
6. Mike and James A high achiever as a young man, Mike developed a life-threatening dependency on speed balling, which involves mixing cocaine and heroin. Only an intervention can save him now that he's lost his marriage, his business, and the custody of his children to drugs. James was a straight-A student until he turned to methamphetamines to cope with his mother's near-fatal illness.
7. Chuckie Chuckie, 28, is the son of a famous musician, and was born into the rock 'n' roll world of the 70's. Surrounded by famous musicians and privilege all his life, he aspired to be an athlete or singer. However, drugs have over-shadowed every moment of Chuckie's life.
8. Gina and Andrea Gina is bright, fun-loving, and ambitious, but she's losing a difficult battle with drugs and compulsive gambling. Gina's family feels an intervention is the only way to save her. Andrea is a 30-year-old, divorced, single mother addicted to alcohol, cocaine and marijuana. She says that she loves the party lifestyle and she can't end the cycle of drinking and drugs in which she's immersed herself.
9. John At 33, all John can see is the loss in his life. His mother died when he was 12. This year, he lost his sister, his cousin and his best friend. His only escape from it all is in his addiction to crack and alcohol, an addiction that has already come close to taking his life. His family and friends cannot imagine losing someone else.
10. Follow-Up #3 We revisit with two of our subjects to see how they've been doing since we first profiled them. Antwahn's family staged an intervention to save him from cocaine, and he went to treatment. But unfortunately, we learn that his story does not end there. And Rachel's continuing battle to stay off heroin has been threatened by her attempts to help her boyfriend get clean.
11. Tammi and Daniel Tammi, 45, is an alcoholic despite being raised in an upper middle-class family that provided her with a good education and even golf and tennis lessons. Daniel got hooked on meth after becoming a victim of molestation. Now interventions are their only hope.
12. Tim Tim was an accomplished producer and a talented musician with a lucrative career in the entertainment industry, but a crack addiction nearly destroyed everything he treasures. An intervention is his last chance--but will it work?
13. Cristy Cristy was born into a tight-knit family and sought a career as a clothing designer before she became addicted to alcohol and crystal meth. Now she earns her money as a stripper, and her desperate family knows she needs an intervention.
14. Sylvia Sylvia had four wonderful kids, a strong marriage, and a successful business. But when family tragedies struck, Sylvia looked for solace in the bottle, and today she is a frail, vulnerable, alcoholic. An intervention is her only hope.
even though it's like a trainwreck, and it's awkward to look into someone's personal life so unapologetically, it's also fascinating at the same time. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Lisa
As a recovering addict, I always relate to these stories. It made me cry and cry and really appreciate those who have stood by me and reinforced the path towards recovery I am on.Published 11 months ago by RAW