• Brings together a wide range of critical theorists never previously combined for the LIS audience
• Provides a basic overview of each theorist's key writings in a manner accessible both to students and faculty
• Includes an introductory presentation of the development of critical theory over the past 75 years
• A basic bibliography of the theorist's work follows each topic presentation; some chapters also include works of critical commentary on the theorist's writings
• Indexes of key terms and concepts are provided throughout the chapters
Critical theory is present but relatively underdeveloped in the field of library and information science. The success of scholarly learning and information science as a whole depends on library specialists who understand the value of applying critical theoretical perspectives to real-world challenges.