There are thousands of How-to books on the market. This book is a hind-sight book. There are many common misconfigurations and mistakes that one can find over and over in virtual environments. This book is designed to illustrate some of these common mistakes and describe the impact on the virtual environment. In this book one can discover how/why these misconfigurations can cost your company piles of money, degrade performance and lower ROI for your virtual environment.
Of course after all of that, this book shows admins the proper way to configure the environment as well.
- Storage misconfigurations, impact, detection and best practices
- CPU misconfigurations, impact, detection and best practices
- Memory misconfigurations, impact, detection and best practices
- Network, impact, detection and best practices
- P2V migrations improper and proper methodologies
- ...and much more.
You've probably heard it said, Hindsight is 20/20. This book is hindsight taken from years of experience in the virtualization arena by the author.
Grab all of the how-to books you like but make sure you pick up a copy of this book and avoid common pitfalls and mistakes of implementing a virtual environment.