Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crock-Pot 5070TC-VG 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker with Travel Bag, White
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 31, 2009
The first one I purchased had the foot break off the first time I used it. I exchanged it for a new one and on the third time I cooked with it, the glass lid shattered. All of the food was uneatable, and luckily, no one was hurt. Sorry I was duped twice.
on March 17, 2009
I bought this crockpot about 6 months ago and I love it. It is big so I store it in a cabinet and when it got dragged out one time, apparently one of the rubber feet on the bottom fell out. I can't find it and I called them today and was informed that it is not a replaceable part. So I guess my only alternative is to rip the other two feet off of it and set it on something rubber. Otherwise, I have to put it on the bare metal where the feet are missing or set a teaspoon under it next to the missing rubber foot. :(
1414 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2010
I purchased this crockpot because of its design and size. However, the first time I used it, it cooked so hot, even on low that the meal was burned and inedible. I thought well, I must have done something wrong so I tried it again, only this time I made sure I stayed home lest I burn the house down. Same thing -- a meal that should have taken all day to cook was beginning to burn in about three hours. How can you burn anything in a crockpot??????? Just try this one. I phoned the maker and was given such a run-a-round that I just became disgusted and hung-up the phone. Needless to say, they've lost a life long customer.
on January 28, 2009
I bought this recently and made soup. I set the temperature on low and when I returned 6 hours later, the soup was at a rolling boil and had burned to the bottom of the inner liner. I can't imagine what a roast would have done or if I used it on high. Very disappointed.
on November 29, 2007
This crock pot melted itself in a half hour. Do not leave unattended. Bought in Nov 2007.
They deleted my first review, how are you supposed to research the quality if the truth is not allowed?
review image review image
on July 10, 2014
This Crockpot boils hard on both high and low settings. I called the Crockpot company and was told that this is normal for the new Crockpots and that there is really no difference between high and low other than on low it cycles off and on but still reaches the same temperature and BOILS. This is too hot for many things I want to cook that require a nice gentle "simmer." I tried the warm setting but it is just warm and does not simmer at all. I am very unhappy with Crockpot and with their customer service.
on May 9, 2013
If I wanted a fancy crock pot I would have bought one. This one does what it's supposed to do. Just ignore the cooking times in your recipe books because all of the newer slow cookers are cooking at higher temps. We all just need to learn to live with it and get happy. My first recipe was a large roasted lemon herbed chicken. Came out great but it cooked twice as fast as the recipe said it would. All in all it's worth what I spent.
on October 31, 2008
I love this crock pot, it works great. I have plenty of room for big pots of soup, or what ever I want to put in it. It does seem to cook a little hotter then my old 4 quart but that hasn't been a problem.
on March 15, 2012
The list price was very attractive but the S&H cost was way too high (the listing did not state the S&H cost). The Crock-Pot is very heavy and the oval insert is too large for my sink. It requires awkward handling to wash it (I do not have a dishwasher). I would not recommend the model to others.
on April 21, 2012
I have to say, the only good thing about this order was that it arrived quickly, but that's about it.
The crockpot we have received was NOT the crockpot on the picture, but it's similar enough, although NOT from Rival as seen on the pic.
This was a gift to a friend of mine. So I have just given her the box, without opening it. To our disappointment, the bowl was already cracked on the handle. The other pieces was not to be found in the box, so the company MUST have known it when they packed it and sent it off like that anyways. Since we live overseas, it would have been such a hassle to send it off again. Luckily we found another 7quart bowl that fit perfectly in there. She hasn't used it yet, i am so dreading that day. I really hope it will work at least after the bowl fiasco.
I will NOT recommend to get this!!! There are other ones for the same price but far better value!
I gave it one star, because I had to, otherwise I wouldn't have given it any!!!!