Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 4, 2010
We have cooked lots of roasts in there and have never had an issue. Is nice and large to add lots of vegetables and large roast. Its pot comes out for easy cleaning. Very basic, but works well.
0Comment51 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2010
this product was just what i was looking for. we make pork butt roast for pulled pork sandwichs and my old crock pot was not big enough. this can do a 12lb pork roast
0Comment45 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2010
I bought this for my husbands birthday. It works great! Exactly as a slow cooker should work. It doesn't get too hot on the outside. The lid covers and traps moisture in like its supposed to, and it cleans real well.
0Comment47 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2011
It is by far a great size, larger than the one it was replacing. However, the LOW setting is hotter than high on a normal crockpot. I thought maybe I could use WARM as LOW but WARM is actually true to temperature and truly just warm. I would never leave this crock unattended to cook something while I wasn't there, which is kind of the purpose.....cook it all day while you are at work nice and slow. SO what's the point. I can't possibly imagine how hot the HIGH setting is.....use that while making lava???? Well constructed. Easy to clean. Cord is long enough. Just too blazing hot!!!!! As an example: cooked a pork roast that should have taken 6 to 8 hours on low. It took 3 in that crockpot. The potatoes that should have taken 6 to 8 are overcooked and have dissentigrated into drippings except for the skins (quartered potatoes).
11 comment43 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2011
The reviews of the latest Crock-pots in general were pretty negative except for this 7quart model. I thought it would be acceptable and a good product but NO. Last night I used it for the first time with potatoes, carrots and a large corned beef. In my older Crock-pot model from the 70's I cooked the carrots and corned beef for 18 hours on Low and it was perfect. With the new 7qt model occasionally I heard "popping" sounds and the liquid was at a much too high simmer. The vegetables were done after 5 hours and I removed them for fear they would be liquid after more hours. The pot is on tiny rubber feet and I placed it on my tile countertop to cook. The massive amount of heat from this unit made the tile around it too hot to touch. It would have destroyed and melted a cheaper countertop. I thought I could treat this pot as always cooking on Low with the High cooking time but it is much too dangerous. I placed the corned beef in my older safe model and finished cooking it. The new 7qt went outside on the sidewalk to cool off as I did not want or trust it in my kitchen. I was going to donate it to charity but it is not safe for anyone and it is now in the junk pile to be taken to the dump.
55 comments39 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2011
The description says "Crock-Pot 5070VG 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker, Pattern". That tell me it holds 7 quarts. I have a 5 qt crock pot, which holds 5 qts of content and 4 qt crock pot, which holds 4 qts. So I expected this to hold 7 qts, but when I looked at it something seemed amiss. I measured and got a surprise; it holds 6 1/4 quarts; 6 qts and 1 cup. I bought it because a family recipe yields 7 qts. and it's obvious why I'm returning it. Can you imagine the mess it would have been if I hadn't measured this crock pot before hand? oh my.

I called Sunbeam's phone number in the owner's guide, 1 800 323-9519 and told them what I thought of their misrepresentation. The first thing the guy told me was I probably measured wrong (oh that's really good customer service). I told him I would have agreed with him if I hadn't measured it 3 times and doubted I could possibly make the same mistake all three times. He put me on hold then came back and said "it is 7 qts measured from the outside". What? So I lose 3 Cups of cooking space because you measure from the outside, which is the pottery of the crock pot, the metal exterior and the air between the two. How misleading and ludicrous that is. Why don't they just say 6 & 1/4 qts? It would be so much better for their integrity. If a company isn't honest and fair they won't get my business. To me buying anything misleading means I approve of misrepresentation. Maybe if enough people put their foot down companies will get back their integrity. In the meantime I guess I'll be saving a lot more money.
44 comments54 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2011
I love the size of this crockpot, perfect for making large batches of soup and stew. One complaint is that I have already seen light scratches on the bottom of the ceramic pot. In fact, mine came with a minor scratch when it was delivered, perhaps quality control needs to be a little more observant. Easy to clean.
on October 18, 2011
This slow cooker arrived a week or so ago, and I've already cooked a few things with good results (a whole chicken, some stock). Temperatures seem not to be overly hot, which I see is a common complaint about crockpots. It did cook a tad faster than the included cookbook said it would, but it didn't scorch on high, and it didn't boil on low. From what I've read, the old ones cooked at much lower temps, but 21st century food safety regulations prohibit manufacturers from making crockpots that cook that low. In light of this, expect a little trial and error. I'd test it out a few times before you drop a large expensive pot roast in and take off for 8 hours. The very best thing about this cooker is the size: a whole chicken will fit inside perfectly and there's still room for your veggies and whatnot. Plus the vegetable motif on the outside is almost as awesome as those mushrooms they used to put on appliances in the 70s. But not quite.
on February 4, 2011
I bought this crock-pot for my family, since we have out-grown our smaller 3 qt model. It does a great job with large roasts. I thought that this would be a slower cooking crock-pot, but that was not the case. It seems to cook faster than my old model. The removable crock makes clean-up easy.
on April 10, 2011
I bought this slow cooker because my old one was not large enough to fit a large piece of beef, potatoes and carrots. It did not disappoint me. I've been cooking my entire dinner in this one pot. There are many recipes on-line. Temperature is just fine and I did not find the cooker getting too hot.