Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crock-Pot 64451LD-C 6-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker with Bonus Little Dipper Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on June 25, 2006
This is a 5 star item.
I've never owned a slow cooker and was a bit concerned after reading that Rival slow cookers received significantly lower ratings than other brands of slow cookers. This one works like a charm. I was also concerned because I read that older models of slow cookers cooked more slowly on low, and that some newer slow cookers cooked at a heat that was too high.

Not to worry. On low, it's exactly that. Perfect and slow and will cook roasts to perfection in 8-10 hours. On high, it works perfectly too. It's a lovely looking black ceramic stoneware insert too. I'm on my way to being a crock pot fanatic. I am a brand new fan.
22 comments|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2006
Why do manufacturers always have to change a good thing?

I had a Rival crockpot for over 12 years. It always worked great. The idea behind a crockpot is to cood slow and low. My old Rival cooked at 150 degrees on the "Low" setting.

I use the old Rival all the time, and decided to get a second one so I could use them both simutaneouly and cook two recipes at the same time. I looked at the reviews for the electronic Rival models. Everyone said they cooked too hot. So I finally purchased this 6.5 quart model with the simple knob control.

Well, I filled the crockpot full of 8 lb.s of chicken. The next morning, I could smell the burning food. I looked in the pot, and the chicken was boiling on the "Low" setting.

So, the next night I filled it full of a vegetable soup recipe. The next morning, the soup was boiling over ... again on the "Low" setting. The veggies were overcooked and mushy. I measured the temperature and it was 195 degrees.

I won't buy anymore Rival products. I only gave this 2 stars because I guess you could conceivably use it to make soup ... If you're willing to stand over it and turn it off when it starts to overboil.
1010 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2005
I love this Slow Cooker. My friend recommended it to me about three years ago but the only thing I cooked in it was whole chickens. Then I moved to SD and my mother-in-law showed me how to use it for EVERYTHING. Now I cook roasts, steaks, sooups, and even spaghetti in this thing. It's a time saver! And so easy to clean up.
22 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2007
It is very large and easy to use. The only negative comment that I have is that it only has 3 feet on the bottom. If you press down on either side it does become unsteady and tip but not enough to fall over or spill contents.
on January 23, 2007
I like this crock pot. I haven't used the little one much, but I'm sure it will come in handy next time I'm serving a warm cheesy dip or melted chocolate. I love that the lid is clear so you can see what's going on in there. The "keep warm" feature is nice too, esp. if mealtime is later than you planned. Something kind of odd is that after you wash the crock pot and it dries there's always a white residue on it. I'm not sure what that's all about. But it's a good crock pot.
on September 6, 2006
I have never owned a crock pot before, so I was a little apprehensive. I did a lot of research and finally settled on this item because of size, price and shape of the unit. I am extremely happy with the product. It is perferct for a first time user - not too complicated, but has eveything you need to make the most basic or more complicated recepies. It did not smell at all on first use (many pots have that reputation). It is very attractive and fits nicely on my countertop. The inner ceremic part is very sturdy and cleans up very easily. I do recommend for first-time users that you purchase one good cookbook (many are carried on Amazon). I purchased several, and my favorite so far is "The Gormet Slow Cooker" I have tried several recepies and they were all perfect. I am converted to crock-pot cooking!!!
on November 6, 2007
Rival 64451LD-C 6.5 Quart Slow Cooker with Bonus Little Dipper Slow Cooker I've used this a couple of times and each time it cooked food way to fast. Recipes that were supposed to take 4-6 hours were done in 1 hour! I lost my receipt, but if I had it, I would return this "slow" cooker. It's terrible. I had used older slower cookers and they worked fine...don't know why they changed them.
on June 25, 2007
It cooks way to fast and way to hot, even on the low setting it scortches food. It would only be OK if you were going to be right there standing over it watching it.
on September 12, 2007
This slow cooker cooks too fast--it's almost like a big electric skillet. I thought I needed a new crock pot, so bought this and got rid of my old one. This cooks so fast, I wouldn't consider putting food in it and leaving it all day while I'm at work. It works ok if I'm planning to be home for 2-4 hours, but not for 8-12 hours at all. My Mom bought another brand of slow cooker and it did the same thing, so maybe it's a new device to protect us from food poisoning if the food cooks too low or something.

I ended up going to Goodwill and buying an old one to replace it. The good news is that at Goodwill the replacement was only $5.
on February 17, 2007
I just had to replace my old FarberWare slow cooker with this new Rival 6.5 Qt crockpot. This slow cooker has not given me any problems and is very similar to my last one. I have used it a dozen times now and my sauces, chilis, soups, etc. have cooked to perfection.

I highly recommend this slow cooker.