5.0 out of 5 stars My second favorite recipe book ever
Published on July 31, 2010 by Jackie

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly organized collection of recipes not for real cooks
Published on February 4, 2012 by Nick J. Alba

5.0 out of 5 stars My second favorite recipe book ever, July 31, 2010
This review is from: Crock-Pot Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes (Perfect Paperback)
I love this recipe book. It is very easy to make really tasty things in the slow cooker, and they aren't all soups and stews either. You can make baby back ribs that are tastier than ones from the big chain eateries. The book is hardback and lies flat, so you don't have to prop it open. And of course since it is a slow cooker I can prep food prior to going to class, and it is reasy when I get home. It has dessert recipes, meat recipes, even drink recipes. It is really good, I like it so much that I have bought it as a gift for my sister-in-law. Seriously, this book is well worth the cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall, great for beginners, January 5, 2011
This is a great cookbook for someone just starting out with a crockpot (like me) that really doesn't know what to do with it yet. Most of the recipes come with a photo so you can get an idea of how it should look (or at least would look if you had a team of food photographers setting up your dinner plates). The recipes are mostly quite simple and don't require a ton of strange and exotic ingredients that you'll have to search high and low to find in your grocery store. And at $6, it's a steal. Pick one up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow cooker recipes, May 9, 2010
This cookbook is just what I was looking for. Easy receipes, tips on using your crockpot, and I'm finally using my crockpot more frequently.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly organized collection of recipes not for real cooks, February 4, 2012
Nick J. Alba (Phoenicia, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I like using fresh ingredients and cooking from scratch. While I don't object to canned tomatoes or beans, many of the recipes in this book call for condensed soups and lots of other processed ingredients like prepared meatballs, canned and frozen vegetable, and processed cheese spread. I find some of these ingredients downright disgusting. Canned soups are full of sodium and low in nutrition. The manner in which the recipes are organized is difficult to navigate. We start with Best Loved Dinners then Crowd Pleasers, Weeknight Winners, Cooking Across America, Winter Warmup, etc, etc, etc. If I want to make chicken, just give me the chicken recipes without making me scan through the whole freaking book! Working off the index is a pain, and time consuming. I've ordered another book on slow cookers, "Not Your Mother's". Hope to like it a lot better.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Hit, December 4, 2012
I sent this to my son who has an apartment for the first time. Sent it as kind of a joke to go with the crock pot I also sent. I later found out that he and his roomates use it all the time to make dinner! Who would have guessed...He loves it and is finding great ideas for dinner.

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 of 8 I've tried so far were keepers, September 30, 2011
I wish there was a cookbook that was submitted by people around the world with their one 'go-to' best family recipe, but unfortunately it's all trial and error. My husband and I both work full-time, and by the time I get home the last thing I want to do is cook dinner for an hour - I want to eat IMMEDIATELY. I absolutely love my crockpot, and was very excited about this book. Kat's Chicken and the Turkey Chili were very good (I would have never thought to put chickpeas in chili, but it was awesome). The other recipes I tried were lacking some serious flavor, and unfortunately I have not come across many keepers as of yet. I just purchased 2 additional crockpot cookbooks that will hopefully give us many more keepers than this one has been able to so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars definiutely a must-have resource !, January 27, 2011
i have 3 older brothers all of whom are in college/post grad schools and all of whom use slow cookers. i first bought this book for just one of them because he cooks the most, and he raved about it to everyone. apparently, the pork roast recipe with beer (and other ingredients!) was a big hit, along with several other recipes that are now in heavy rotation. well, my other brothers felt left out, so within 10 days, i bought two more for each of them. now, everybody's happy and i'm hoping to be well-fed next time i visit any of them ;>)

5.0 out of 5 stars SO AMAZING, February 7, 2011
WOW. I received a CrockPot for christmas, my first one! and was so excited to use it. It came with like 6 recipes, and I made one, which was the pot roast, and it turned out delicious! I was craving more recipes and found this online. I have never been happier about a cookbook! It has pictures for almost every recipe. I've already made 2 recipes from it: chicken tortilla soup and meatballs, and have so many pages marked of other recipes I want to make. This book is awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST slowcooker recipes I have ever used!, January 18, 2012
I have had several slowcooker recipe books and this one is consistent, easy to follow and has beautiful pictures with almost every recipe. My family has devoured every dish and I love that it uses almost no processed ingredients. The times and temperatures are accurate and the choices are diverse enough for any palate.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not user friendly, November 12, 2012
I found that too many of the recipes required a significant amount of preparation and/or only cooked for 5 hours or less. Since I like to place everything in the Crock Pot on the way out the door in the morning, and since no one is usually home for at least 8 hours, several of the recipes are not ones that I will try any time soon. Of the recipes I've tried, none have been a real big hit with my family.

Crock-Pot Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes
Crock-Pot Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes by Editors of Favorite Brand Name Recipes (Perfect Paperback - October 5, 2009)
$12.98 $9.20