5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine For Current 6-Quart CrockPot Brand Slow Cooker
Published on September 21, 2010 by KT

1.0 out of 5 stars Major dissapointment
The very first time I used this travel bag, the handles ripped down the material they are attached to. Luckily, I didn't have food inside the crock pot yet.
Published on November 13, 2010 by Irish

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine For Current 6-Quart CrockPot Brand Slow Cooker, September 21, 2010
This review is from: Crock-Pot SCBAG Travel Bag for 7-Quart Slow Cookers, Black (Kitchen)
I understand some people's reservations about this product, but I was careful about what I bought and if you are too you won't have a problem. I chose to buy the current 6-quart model (with the hinged lid and digital timer) of the CrockPot brand slow cooker because this is a CrockPot brand bag. I figured the bag would most likely conform best to CrockPot brand products.

I can't comment on other brands, but the 6-quart model is a perfect fit for this bag. I don't know if CrockPot sells a 7-quart model, but the 6-quart is PLENTY big. I don't think the CrockPot brand can be responsible for the fit of other brand slow cookers.

On a separate note, the photo is a little misleading, but on the positive side. It looks like there's just one long shoulder strap, but there are actually 2 shorter straps that gather above the bag, which to me seems like it would allow for more even handling during transport. There's also a strap inside to secure the lid and the the bag itself is insulated.

5.0 out of 5 stars fits Rival, not Hamilton Beach, November 4, 2009
L. Weisser (Bellevue, NE United States) - See all my reviews
This crock-pot cover was shown to be sold with the Hamilton Beach 7 qt crockpot. I own both brands. It does not fit on the Hamilton Beach due to the handles not allowing the zipper to close. It is awesome on the Rival, and keeps the lid in place and food was hot an hour later at a church brunch. Well worth my investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have food, will travel!, October 11, 2009
I bought this travel bag to replace one my dogs had chewed up. This bag does what the old one did--keeps food nice and hot for hours, that is, even with the crock pot turned off. But there have been some improvements: a nice long strap to sling over your shoulder and an inside strap that cleverly slips through not only the side handles of the crock pot but also through the lid handle, and snugs up with velcro to minimize sloshing food on the inside of the bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes toting the crockpot to events absolutely great!, December 12, 2010
This Crock-Pot travel bag has made transporting potluck dishes through the holidays so much easier. Crock-pots are heavy, (especially filled with the cooked food) and cumbersome at best. Having a bag to transport to and fro the holidays potlucks has simplified the number of trips and potential for dropping something. I can store my utensils, hotpads, etc in the bag with the crockpot. Wish I had gotten one years ago. Life should be simple! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Accessory for Crock-Pot!, December 17, 2010
This bag is awesome! It makes storing my crock-pot so much easier because it is protected from breaking. Also keeps it clean and dust free.
It also makes taking the crock-pot from place to place so much easier. No need to worry about spilling in the car, or breaking. Just be careful to always carry the bag by BOTH handles. I made the mistake of grabbing one and the bag ripped, even though the crock-pot was empty. That is why I rated 4 stars but its still worth the investment if you own a crock-pot!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Major dissapointment, November 13, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually, works FINE for Hamilton Beach!!!, April 2, 2012
Chris S. (south central U.S.) - See all my reviews
Don't know what trouble the previous reviewer had, but I've used this bag with the Hamilton Beach Stay-n-Go unit for almost 5 years and had no problems whatsoever. It's a tight fit, but it works absolutely fine. Have taken the two together to over 20 work or church potlucks during that time. Have purchased for friends, too, who've also had no trouble. For $10 it's an incredibly wonderful convenience. I love the Stay-n-Go but would NEVER purchase one WITHOUT THIS BAG!!!! Give it a try: I think you'll be glad to have it.

Note: Previous reviewers are right that you have to be careful to lift the filled bag by BOTH HANDLES together. If you try to lift it by just one, or if you drop one by mistake and end up unintentionally holding it by just one, the bag will definitely rip. I ripped one the fourth or fifth time I used it, replaced the bag, have been careful to keep both handles together ever since, and have had no further troubles at all.

Happy travelling, everyone!

1.0 out of 5 stars MISLEADING PRODUCT DESCRIPTION, April 18, 2013
As stated by so many of your customers, this "crock pot" cover does not fit the Hamilton Beach Set 'n Forget 6 qt. slow cooker. Even though you state it fits "most" slow cookers, it is suggested as an item to be purchased with this slow cooker, however. I suggest a careful review of items suggested for purchase to avoid return hassle for both Amazon and the customer. I'll be ordering the proper carrier from Hamilton Beach.

1.0 out of 5 stars ripped first time out!, December 19, 2011
The first time my mother used the carrier I got her she found that one of the handles had ripped. Its not a serious rip and it is still able to be used, but it makes me wonder how long it will hold up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Crock Pot Travel Bag, May 18, 2012
I was so please to see a product like this as I do often travel with my crock pot to various functions. I have a Frigidaire 7 qt. crock pot. It is a little bit of a snug fit and a person cannot zip the bag completely as the handles on the crock pot won't both fit. You can get one side in, but then the other side is to big (handles) to fit inside the travel bag. It does have a nice appearance and other then the one issue it is a good product for traveling with you crock pot. The write up on the travel bag said it would fit the 7 qt. crock pots, I am not sure about that statement as it does not properly fit my 7 qt. crock pot. It did keep the food hot from my home to my destination. The lid stayed on and there was not spillage or leaking from the side that would not zip closed all the way.
I would recommend it to anyone, except perhaps with the exception of people that may have the larger sized crock pots. I will keep and use the travel bag, just have to remember that one of the handles won't fit inside and not try and force the bag closed so as to not tear the new bag. It does keep the lid on tight while transporting.
I hope this is helpful to anyone who may be interested in purchasing this bag. The overall quality of the travel bag seems good. I would give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

Rate and Discover Movies