Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crock-Pot SCCPQP600-B 6-Quart Smart-Pot Squond Slow Cooker, Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 28, 2012
I recently purchased this item and it is a defective hunk of junk. I will be returning it (didn't buy it on amazon but I have experience with the product so figured I'd leave a review). I got to use it all of two times and I went to move my crock pot and wipe it down. When I flipped it over i saw that a portion of the bottom was all melted and bubbled. See the picture I submitted. It scares me that I left it on when not home (after all, that's the point of a crock pot right? leave it on when you aren't home or sleeping?). Scary.
review image
on June 17, 2011
I like this crockpot. Unfortunately, the beautiful, porcelain insert is quite heavy. The 3rd time I used it, as I was cleaning it I dropped it in the sink and it cracked. Finding a replacement for the insert was next to impossible. When I did, it was cheaper to purchase the entire new crockpot! A shame and wasteful. Word of warning: use caution when removing the insert, or cleaning it!
44 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2012
This product has a plastic base which suffered a complete meltdown on initial use. Food was not cooked. Took days for the burned plastic smell to subside. Amazon was great about an instant giftcard credit--also refunded shipping.

Manufacturer shipped a replacement unit which we sent back because we didn't want to risk a fire. We purchase a different model from the same manufacturer that had a metal base with no issues.
on January 10, 2013
I purchased this from Amazon in January 2012. I used it several (~6) times and it worked well enough. However, in October 2012 (only 10 months after purchase), I used it and began to smell melting plastic. The bottom had melted out, dripping plastic onto my counter. Fortunately this shorted out the Crock Pot, which turned off. I had actually been planning to leave the house, so I really feel lucky there was no fire. This may just be something that sometimes happens to slow cookers, but it is certainly new to me.
on September 20, 2013
I LOVED this crock pot until the whole bottom melted out!! I knew when I came home and smelled a burnt plastic smell something wasn't right....The bottom was melted out. Thankfully it didn't catch anything else on fire! DO NOT PURCHASE!! Their should be a RECALL!!
on December 31, 2013
First one I got melted a spot on the bottom after the first use and then didn't work again. Crock-Pot sent me a new one for free (which was awesome)... but the replacement (actually the stainless steel model, SCCPQP600-S) did EXACTLY THE SAME THING. Now I'm paranoid to cook something while I'm at work all day...

The good news is that Crock-Pot has offered to refund the purchase price. I have reported this to the consumer safety commission because I feel like this could easily cause a house fire... especially since the cord is located exactly where the plastic melted. This definitely could have melted the cord and popped the breaker if I hadn't pulled the cord out of it's little cubby in the base.
on October 21, 2014
I already had this crock pot so when my daughter asked for one I immediately purchased this one for her. She also loves it as much as I do. Multiple time setting and large capacity. The pot cleans up quickly. I highly recommend it.
on December 22, 2013
The first time I used it was today... 12/22\13. I started it and went to store.. came back to put ice cream in freezer and continue to next store... and as I opened door I smelled something burning the counter top was covered with something black.. I touched it and it burned my finger.... I immediately unplug crock pot and and moved it aside to see the underneath crockpot (countertop was black....turned crockpot over .... all the bottom had burned up and melted on the counter..... I would like a replacement but over a year.... please advise.
on August 20, 2012
I purchased this crockpot from Kohl's. I had the same thing happen as a previous reviewer did. The bottom completely melted out. Scary. I took it back and replaced it with the same model because I really did like the features and the way that it cooked. I had the new one for about a year. We were cooking a roast and heard a strange shattering noise only to discover that the lid had imploded and shattered all over my expensive roast. Very disappointing.
on November 2, 2010
You will be surprised as to the size of this programable crockpot, Very nice and useful removable stoneware pot, can be used to serve on tabletop or buffet table, contents adjusted for small or large number of people, took it to work for pot luck lunch, got a lot of good comments from coworkers, everyone wanted to take it home.

See 1 answered question