4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good after 1 day
Published on December 10, 2011 by M. Hauk

2.0 out of 5 stars Runs Hot
I purchased this at Costco and have used it once. My soup was boiling on low after an hour or two and am wondering what it will do if used on high (will it burn stuff?). I'm thinking of returning it and getting a crock pot that will run a little cooler, since the whole point of having a slow cooker is to have food cook slowly.
Published on January 24, 2012 by Sue Peterson

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good after 1 day, December 10, 2011
This review is from: Crock-Pot SCCPVC605-S 6-Quart Countdown Oval Slow Cooker with Dipper, Stainless Steel (Kitchen)
Pretty good slow cooker. Like the digital but it seems like the "keep warm" setting is too hot. The liquid in the pot boils a little bit on that setting...is that normal? I would like to see this slow cooker go a little slower. People complain about the lid not sealing well. IT'S NOT A PRESSURE COOKER! I've never seen my mom use a slow cooker with an air tight seal on it. Got mine at Costco, don't know what I'm going to do with that little warmer...hmmm, nice paper weight maybe.

2.0 out of 5 stars Runs Hot, January 24, 2012
Sue Peterson (Buena Park, CA United States) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!, February 13, 2013
I have used this crock pot a few times, and each time it cooks the food several hours faster than it should. Runs very hot! Food comes out tough and overcooked. I definitely do not recommend this and will be throwing mine away. Waste of money and wasted food!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous, February 17, 2013
This was a gift purchased at Costco. The first meal cooked very fast compared to my 12year old crockpot that finally stopped working. The second use resulted in the crockpot boiling, and I mean a full bubbling lid vibrating boil and the smell of burning food. The outside of the pot was very very hot as well as the granite countertop under it. Luckily I had only been gone about two hours when this happened. I don't even want to think what the outcome could have been if I left it cooking all day unattended as I always did with my old crockpot. I reread the booklet that came with the crock thinking I may have done something incorrectly but now the lights just keep flashing. Back to Costco it goes. I have used a crockpot weekly for 30 plus years knowing I could count on a reliable safely cooked meal but now I am afraid to leave anything plugged in while away from the house.

1.0 out of 5 stars YIKES, February 18, 2013
My friend and I both have this crock pot. She has used hers 4 times. Her soup was suppose to cook for 4 hours; after the 2nd hour of cooking (on low) she decided to go shower. Upon walking up her stairs to her bathroom she heard a bang...the lid on the crock pot shattered!! They still can't find a piece of the glass!! She is taking hers back and so am I!! CRAZY!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Product changed, Yes, they now run too hot on Keep warm., May 10, 2013
When using my new crockpot to serve my tomato sauce and meatballs warm at a volleyball tournament fundraiser, I noticed that on the keep warm setting the sauce was boiling. I had to rely on unplugging it and plugging it back in. The other 5 slow cookers there all worked fine.
I tested the crock pot at home, filling it to 3/4 full of water, getting it to 150 degrees on high, and then switching it to keep warm. 2-3 hours later it was 211 degrees!
I called crock pot, they said the design temperature for keep warm was 175 degrees and they sent me a replacement, Same problem. Sent me a third slow cooker, same problem (actually 215 degrees this time).
I called them again, had a long conversation with a rep that said they had to redesign the product to raise the temperatures to satisfy the FDA. She acknowledged that if they sent me more crockpots they were likely to have the same problem. And a higher end version would likely be the same.
Of course the only reason i bought this was that Americas test kitchen rated a sister product as the highest due to its ability to stay on temperature, and the product does exactly the opposite now...
This review was originally written for another model, but one of the replacements they sent me was this model which had the same problem.
This product may work fine for you if you are not using or relying on the keep warm setting, but if you are, I recommend finding and old one somewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars Returning immediately, November 22, 2012
I bought this at Costco and was excited to make my turkey breast for Thanksgiving. I got out the crock pot and the lid doesn't fit and it has two holes at the top. When I say the lid doesn't fit, I mean it tilts side to side with huge gaps on either side. Since Costco is closed today, I'm just sealing the top with aluminum foil and it goes back tomorrow. So disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Seal on lid is terrible, October 22, 2011
The crockpot itself is fine. Temperature not perfect but fairly good. Biggest problem is the seal for the lid deteriorated very quickly. Washed it by hand instead of using dishwasher since it seemed somewhat flimsy. After 10 uses the gasket portion of the lid is pretty much destroyed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Loser with a CAPITAL "L", December 25, 2012
I called and complained to Crock Pot about the food "boiling" on high, low, AND warm! They sent me another...same results! What's the saying about doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result? That is the definition of INSANITY!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite kitchen appliance, December 8, 2012
I purchased this same slow cooker at Costco and would be lost without it. I don't understand the negative reviews. I have made tons of dishes with it, and today made a terrific beef burgundy stew. In fact, the reason I looked it up at amazon was to purchase a second one so I can have both going at Christmas. I've made a great pot roast in it, soups, stews, a nice turkey breast at Thanksgiving. The lid fits just fine. And it doesn't overheat. I have used both the low and the high settings, and both work great. This is a great product.

ARRAY(0xa593e330)