Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crock-Pot SCCPVL400-R 4-Quart Cook and Carry Slow Cooker, Red Stainless Steel
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 16, 2012
If you're looking for a reliable slow cooker, this one is great. If you want to be able to transport your items without spillage...look elsewhere. As a slow cooker it has everything I need; settings warm, low, and high. I wish I'd done my homework before asking for this for Christmas last year; unfortunately, this thing leaks even when "locked". I didn't find this out until late last year so it's too late to return, but it's still functions very well as a slow cooker.
33 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2012
The Lid To This Crock Pot Has Hardware That Corroded With The First Use, And Continues To Corrode With Each Use.... Wiping Off With A Paper Towel Reaveals A Rusty Grey Goo, That I'm Sure Is Added To My Food. Will Contact Amazon To Return For A Refund.Crock-Pot SCCPVL400-R 4-Quart Cook and Carry Slow Cooker, Red Stainless Steel
1515 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2013
UPDATE: I discovered the crock contains lead & cadmium through XRF testing & promptly returned it to Amazon. Evidently this is a huge problem with Crockpots. Disappointing because I did enjoy cooking with it....
PREVIOUS REVIEW: I've used this about 10x since I received it. Love it!! I use it for mainly bean/veggie soups & stews which cook well on low while I'm at work (9-10hrs). The lid is great for transporting. It's not leak proof but certainly is helpful!
55 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
I have this crock pot and use it at least twice a week. It's a life saver. The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is because it leaked a little when I sealed the lid and tried to transport it. Otherwise, great slow cooker for the price. And the red is super cute!
on February 26, 2013
The crock pot is nicely made with large open handles which helps when lifting. Stainless steel cleans easily. The lid fits very tightly and the locks are easy to secure into place. Even for arthritic fingers. Crock is very well made and heavy. Mine has a tiny defect in the lip of the crock but doesn't look like a chip and not enough reason I feel I should return.

My old 4 qt. crock is a much longer 4 qt oval which takes up a larger foot print on the counter top. However, even though new crock is same 4 qt. size, I have to reduce the amount I place into crock. Not sure why, this is a deep, narrow crock but same recipes I've been making for years does not fit entirely in new crock.

Negative....cord is 2 feet long. Sounds long enough but I have to place crock almost again wall when I plug into outlet. All my older crocks have longer cords. Just need an extension cord more often. I did forget this wasn't programmable until it arrived but can work around that of course.

You'll be happy with the quality of the crock pot so unless you're looking for programmable, I'd recommend.
on November 14, 2014
I love this crock pot! It's very pretty. Great price. Pot is removable for washing, lid is well made. I needed a replacement of a fancier crock (had a timer) after I broke the all glass lid. This lid has metal edges, seems less likely to chip. Oval shape is also nice, can fit more than a circle if you want it to lay on the bottom. Recently fit two HUGE boneless chicken breasts side by side on bottom. Great size for a family of four.
on December 18, 2012
Not too big, not too small. Great size. Love the locking lid too. I prefer the "manual" control setting, the last one I had with digital broke quickly.
on January 7, 2014
I didn't get to use it. I was unpacking my Christmas present and the lid was in a plastic bag (not taped) and it slid right out onto the rug. It shattered. I mean shattered slivers all over the rug. I looked up shattering crock pot lid on the internet. It is very common to have them shatter even while cooking food. Some shattered while the cook took the lid off to check the food. Shattered right in their hand. They need to work on making the lids out of tougher material. I needed to open the box on the living room carpet and not on the kitchen counter I guess.
on January 12, 2013
I finally had to replace my Crock-Pot that I received as a wedding gift over 42 years ago. It was like an "old friend". This one is exactly what I've been wanting, size and color, and what was advertised. It came in a very timely manner with no surprises at all. I would definately use this seller again.
on July 9, 2013
Love the size for just 4 to 6 servings. Pot roast came out perfect. Only complaint, I purchased the red outside pot. Love the color but it scratches very easily. Putting it in cupboard and it was scratched when it was gently pushed against another pot.