5.0 out of 5 stars Semi-slow Cooking
Published 18 months ago by Dreamfisher

2.0 out of 5 stars It Doesn't Hold 2 Quarts!
I ordered the 2 quart crock pot thinking it'd be the perfect size to cook for two people. It would be if it actually held 2 quarts. The crock holds 5 cups, it should be 8 cups. If you need a really small crockpot I think this would be a good one. I returned it - love Amazon's return policy!
Published 11 months ago by Katrina Bradley

5.0 out of 5 stars Semi-slow Cooking, April 30, 2013
After being "retired" for almost five years, I have realized that I'm still shopping and cooking like I did when I was working, using precooked, semi-fast, and packaged ingredients, and that grocery prices continue to climb. I live in a high desert area with extremes of climate, yet I find that my metabolism is most in balance when I eat consistent amounts of protein, in meals that are warm and savory, all year round. With those elements in mind, I decided to incorporate the use of a Slow Cooker into my meal preparation.

With all the sources of recipes on the internet and in cookbooks, I have discovered that I can spend as much or as little time on the prep as I desire, have easy clean up, and this little cooker will yield 3-4 servings, just enough for our household of two. And I can still spend most of the day in my studio.

Technical Notes:
The outside of the cooker does get hot to the touch, and there is no indicator light to remind you that it is running. I have a large silicon board that I put it on to protect my butcher block counter. I also make a note when I turn it on, and set a portable timer to remind me to check it.

There is a bit of "flutter" in the glass lid when cooking recipes that have more moisture, like soup or beans, that results in dribbles down the outside of the unit. When I turned the heat to LOW, this over bubbling stops.

As with every recipe, and small appliance there will be a trial and error period to determine your particular variables.

So far for me, after one week and four meals cooked, I am enjoying the results of "Slow" cooking, freezing leftover, and spending less, while using more fresh ingredients.

With its reasonable price, this little Three Quart crock pot would be a frugal investment even if you only use it for four of your favorite meals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply and Fantastic, May 14, 2013
This is so basic and wonderful to use. Like a very old one I use to have years ago. Easy to keep clean. For your information, I checked the temperature on all three settings with a restaurant grade instant read thermometer. High is just above 170 degrees, low is about 155 degrees and warm is just slightly above 140 degrees. Food I have prepared so far, taste so good and I am sure it is healthier. So satisfying that you eat less. So have some containers on hand for the fridge. (I only cook for myself most of the time) The cord could be about 2 foot longer. But, a short cord from a Dollar type store took care of that. Set it to cooking in the morning or over night, doesn't matter. The liquid condenses back in to the crock for the most part.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this so much, I now have 3, June 5, 2013
After having a 6.5 quart model for so long (and still do, just makes too much food), I bought two of these. Just the right size for individual dishes! I make black beans in one and rice in the other, or a meat dish in one and a potato dish in the other. No longer does my slow cooked food have to meld together and turn to moosh!

The size is big enough to feed 2-3 people. They're so inexpensive that you can buy a few and keep them going all day. I still bust out my big one once in a while.. but every week I reach for these. Right now, I have a 7 bean soup going in one and a brazed lamb dish in the other. Going to be Epic!

2.0 out of 5 stars It Doesn't Hold 2 Quarts!, November 11, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for two, May 9, 2013
This review is from: Crock-Pot SCR200-B Manual Slow Cooker, 2 Quart (Kitchen)
I find this a perfect size for cooking for one or two. I. use it to make oatmeal for breakfast, I use it to cook beans and lentils. It is perfect for boiling potatoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crock pot, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Crock-Pot SCR200-B Manual Slow Cooker, 2 Quart (Kitchen)
Perfect size for just one person. Works very well, just as good as the larger ones. Would recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for small meals, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Crock-Pot SCR200-B Manual Slow Cooker, 2 Quart (Kitchen)
I like to slow cook meats, BBQ etc. This is perfect. It is compact, the quality is good and it cooks well. One of the best features is that I can make small quantities of things so I don't end up freezing a bunch of stuff I never get to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for One!, March 8, 2013
Lovely for this windy spring! More suitable than my old 5-Q size for one. Plus there's a "Warm" button so I don't have to keep my soup or porrige at boiling "Low". Carefully packaged, no damage at all. I love it, if you don't - LOOK AT the PRICE - you should love it. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Low setting runs too hot, October 26, 2013
Beware! This unit or size runs too hot on the "low"setting. I retired my larger 25 year old unit because I have downsized and decluttered. So far, all 4 recipes that I have made have either burned or cooked too quickly. I was awakened last night EVERY time the unit cycled because it runs so hot the food boils and the top vibrates with the steam/pressure. Technically, the unit on "low" is supposed to run at a steady low temp. The high at a "higher" temp and the mixed setting varies between the two, cycling between high and low. This pot cycles too often on the low setting, it is almost as if it is either broken or the low setting is NOT calibrated properly. To have this on "low" and hear/see food boiling is NOT what this unit or a SLOW COOKER is supposed to do.....going to be returned...going back to my old unit.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Crock Pot XOXO, June 12, 2013
M. Montalti (Long Island. NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crock-Pot SCR200-B Manual Slow Cooker, 2 Quart (Kitchen)
I love my "Baby Crock Pot." My son calls it "el pequeno Crock Pot." I own a lovely 7 Quart Cock Pot and wanted a mini one to make small meals as well. Both are Crock Pot Brand. This 2 quart is so adorable and chic -looking in Black. It is very simple and straightforward, no frills: just Off, High and Low.I thought it would be handy to make small meals especially if it was something that not everyone in my family liked.

I've used it to make oatmeal, but my oatmeal came out a little over-cooked and crusty (can someone offer a tip here?). This is probably due to my own judgment...perhaps I needed more liquid and or less cooking time.

This 2Quart Crock Pot is perfect for a small meal for 1 or 2 people. I purchased The Diabetic Slow Cooker cookbook and there is a chapter on meals for 2, which work with this little slow cooker. Twice I made a fish recipe in this crock pot and the results were pleasing. Next I made a chicken and cornmeal dumplings in this crock pot.
Last week, I had two crockpots going...my 7Q with pulled pork (for a school potluck party)and this 2Q with Chicken and Dumplings. Great, because I was running around with school events/got hung up in some local traffic and dinner was cooking for me. Yay.

Crock-Pot SCR200-B Manual Slow Cooker, 2 Quart