4.0 out of 5 stars Super for vegetarian meals
Published on December 24, 2010 by Working Mom

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst crock pot
This 5 qt crock pot is a terrible buy. It burns everything on high and on low. It does not burn on warm but takes forever to cook. I would not recommend this product to anyone. It is a waste of money.
Published on December 13, 2009 by Jimmy N. Clark

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst crock pot, December 13, 2009
This review is from: Crock-Pot SCR503UM 5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker with Dipper, Stainless Steel (Kitchen)

1.0 out of 5 stars Burns the food, November 1, 2010
Doesn't matter whether it's on high or low... it burns the food and half of it evaporates as it's cooking, so there's even less when it's done. what a waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you love really WELL-DONE everything, this could be for you!, February 15, 2010
Just Al (FORT COLLINS, CO United States) - See all my reviews
Same experience as everyone else. I just tried 2 hours for a recipe that called for 5 to 8 hours and everything was still well-done-ruined. (It just sits there and boils to death in the cauldron). I was thinking about trying WARM for LOW, but I see that someone else said that didn't work out so well either.

I'm going to try a cast-iron dutch oven and do my slow cooking in the oven instead.

There is a rumor on the WEB that all crock pots stabilize to the same TEMP on HIGH and LOW now days, about 190-degrees. LOW is supposed to use less wattage -- meaning that LOW takes a little longer to nuke your roast. The rumor goes on to say that LOW used to stabilize to about 160 degrees, but people were getting sick because they couldn't follow simple instructions pertaining to thawing out that hunk of frozen meat BEFORE throwing it into the crock-pot. (I guess they couldn't be bothered to buy a thermometer either). Ruined it for everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super for vegetarian meals, December 24, 2010
My husband bought this crock pot about three years ago at a warehouse club. It came with a "Little Dipper" mini pot also. We use it heavily for making vegetarian chili, ratatouie, lasagna and serving soups. It has been a real trooper performing very well. I admit it does cook fast. We usually drop an hour off of any recommended cook time. If it says 8 hours, we use 7, etc. The recent issue we have had is that the little dipper stopped working altogether and the lid handle recently broke. We are still using the pot, but now I am searching for either a replacement handle or possibly just going to buy another of the same unit for $29. This pot is very large and accomodates a lot of food for our family. I would recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Burns everything, January 27, 2010
This crock pot is too hot and it burns the food. I used it with 5 different recipes, hoping for different results, but it burned every one of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific value, November 20, 2013
Ron C Field (Dickson, TN, US) - See all my reviews
Perfect size. Cooks and heats evenly and the quality is better than expected. The crock insert is outstanding quality and holds heat perfectly for serving after cooking has completed.

Excellent value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, April 28, 2013
Exactly as described. Works great, and these thing make cooking so easy. High, Low, Warm, what more do you need?!?

DO IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Crock Pot, January 10, 2013
I got this as a gift for my Aunt. She works in the food industry, and has told me she simply loves this crock pot. It is everything she expected, performs wonderfully, and she has made some really great dishes in it!