Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crock-Pot SCRP500-SP 5-Quart Smudge Proof Slow Cooker
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 8, 2012
What a great price for so many nice features. I bought this product through a membership store awhile ago. In the beginning it worked Great! I was so delighted that I began to use it more and more. Then all of a sudden I raised the lid, after cooking, and ended up holding only the handle in my hand. This type of lid appears to be made by one company as they are all made the same. I needed to use tongs to get the lid off. Once off I looked at the lid and the handle. I discovered that the plastic of the handle which was holding the nut for the crew had actually melted. I pushed the two pieces back together and when cooled it was tight again. I did use the appliance a couple of times with the assistance of tongs. However, one of the side handles was also starting to drop pieces of plastic onto the counter. This machine must really get HOT for it to melt the plastic. It was unsafe to use. I hope this information is helpful.
1010 comments|162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2012
The crock pot works fine and looks nice. I had hoped that the timer would work differently. As is, you can only choose 4 set settings and the warm setting only works after the other time is finished. It would be nice to be able to use just the warm setting on it's own.
on May 5, 2013
Within a couple months the handle on the lid broke. We replaced it ourselves with bits from the hardware store. Then a month or so later one of the side handles started cracking. Now it's completely broken. All the plastic components crack and break off in chunks. The appliance is functional just don't expect to have any heat resistant handles to last.

I'm so disappointed.
on February 1, 2013
I am a huge fan of the Crock-Pot brand. I love this crock-pot it cooks food perfectly every time. I have used it a lot this winter. The only problem I've noticed is that when the timed session ends and it switches over to warm, the warm is actually very hot. It's too hot and seems to be a malfuntion because it gets hotter than the regular setting. So I just turn it off when the timed session ends and it will still stay warm for awhile. Great product other than that.
on September 10, 2012
I have had great luck with my crock pot and no problems with the handles. I also have cookware with the same type of glass cover and handles and it has been trouble free also. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer about the problem? I have found that most companies are receptive to their customers problems. At the very least they listen. If I were you I would call them or write a letter explaining the problem to see if they will to anything for you. It might depend on the age of the crock pot, but it is definitely worth a try. Best of luck!
on June 14, 2013
I received this as a gift and loved it at first,especially the keep warm feature. I even bought one for my daughter and now I wish that I hadn't. After 6 months it will not stay on. I push the button and it shuts right back off again. I sat in front of it for 20 solid minutes the other day,just pushing the button to see if it would stay on. After a lot of time (and cuss words) it came on,but I won't be doing that again.
I am now researching other slow cookers,but can tell you that I won't be ordering this one again !
on December 7, 2012
I have had this crock pot for a little over 2 years. It cooks great for a simple crock pot and it is a nice medium to small sized crock pot. Its easy to clean, store etc. The only issue I have with it (and with my other one from the same brand) is that the handle to the lid fell off. At first I super glued it back on (2xs) but it came off again, so now I am looking for a new crock pot with a better handle design.
on October 3, 2012
What's to say? Well made, does the job perfectly - and got it here on Amazon for a great price.
I was surprised at how much food it holds - a pleasant surprise! The automatic control panel is great. Set the time and temp, and go about your day. Dinner's ready and still warm when you get home.

My wife & I have used the crock pot twice since getting it a couple days ago, and are 100% pleased with it.
My daughter and her husband used their crock pot a couple of times a week for many years to get tasty and healthy meals on the table for their family as they move about their busy days with school, swimming, and soccer and everything else for the kids and work demands for mom and dad. They eventually wore out the crock pot they had, so I got them this replacement for Christmas. They love it.

Nothing particularly fancy, but being able to switch automatically to warm is a nice touch. I am sure they will get many years of good service from this 5 quart device. This is just the right size for their family.

They are delighted and that makes me happy.

Reviewed by Craig Matteson, Saline, MI
on October 29, 2013
I've been using Crock Pots for quite awhile so I finally decided to upgrade to one that had a timer and automatic warm temperature. I'm so glad I did! I love this so far and when I see it's on warm, I just turn the whole thing off and let it cool...it will stay warm in the pot for quite awhile! To give you an example, I had to leave the house for a semi emergency and I was gone for at least an hour and forty five minutes with the pot turned off. When I got home I thought I'd have to warm the food up! Wrong! It was still warm! Actually, to help cool it down faster when you're about to eat, remove the lid and turn it off about 20 minutes before serving as the food is too hot otherwise!
I've had this for months now and it's been used a lot, and I've had no problems with the lid. I recommend this!